AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 8 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 38.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 25.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-05, 06:09   Link #21
Sumeragi
Banned

Haven't watched the episode (or the series for the last seven or so episodes), but something to comment on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
So, other than time moving forward and some build up, nothing really happened. When your Valentine episode feels like a filler episode in a romantic comedy, then you are doing things wrong.
Is there a condition that a Valentine episode MUST be something of great importance? The fact that the day was gloomy (according to some advisers) would, in my eyes, be something of a twist on the concept that a specific day is supposed to be of importance. The fact that Valentine's Day can be nothing different from your regular day in itself makes it worth watching to me.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:10   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This could have been a good episode, but it had too many ancient cliches ruining good scenes.

- Rita's "PS: It was my first kiss" was blatant otaku pandering that came out of nowhere. As if Ryuunosuke's will is so weak that him being this woman's first would change anything.
What nonsense is this? Just because you don't like or understand something you call it otaku pandering?

That was Rita's first kiss, meaning it was just as important to her when she gives it away- she just wanted him to know that.

I shouldn't need to explain something like this.

Quote:
- This episode marked the 73rd time I saw a half-acted/joking confession in Japanese media. Also, the whole scene felt completely artificial in a manufactured scenario.
- Generic RomCom Main Lead's obliviousness broke several records in in the rooftop scene.

And I find it ironic that you would call Sorata oblivious when I have to explain the significance of the 'First kiss' quote to you.

Quote:
So, other than time moving forward and some build up, nothing really happened. When your Valentine episode feels like a filler episode in a romantic comedy, then you are doing things wrong. I can't believe this was being compared to Toradora! during its early episodes. Even Hyouka made it's valentine episode something important, significant and necessary to where the whole series was going.
Sure, if all you cared for was shipping.

Quote:
Unfair comparisons aside, Sakurasou is still something barely worth the watch and has a long way to go before becoming a recommendable romantic comedy.
Fortunately you seem to belong to a minority that holds that opinion as Sakurasou has long passed that stage a long time ago in most people's eyes.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-05 at 06:27.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:31   Link #23
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Haven't watched the episode (or the series for the last seven or so episodes), but something to comment on:

Is there a condition that a Valentine episode MUST be something of great importance? The fact that the day was gloomy (according to some advisers) would, in my eyes, be something of a twist on the concept that a specific day is supposed to be of importance. The fact that Valentine's Day can be nothing different from your regular day in itself makes it worth watching to me.
Well, my guess would be that the episodes before this one felt like they were building up for some stuff and in the end nothing really happened. So in the end we got some more build up, cliche stuff on top of it and it was kind of a let down in the end which felt like a filler cause people expected more. If the same stuff happened on a regular day it would have felt way more important at least for me.

But I kind of agree with you. Nanamis audition being on valentine's day in the first place was a little too convenient for my taste anyway.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:34   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Well, my guess would be that the episodes before this one felt like they were building up for some stuff and in the end nothing really happened. So in the end we got some more build up, cliche stuff on top of it and it was kind of a let down in the end which felt like a filler cause people expected more. If the same stuff happened on a regular day it would have felt way more important at least for me.

But I kind of agree with you. Nanamis audition being on valentine's day in the first place was a little too convenient for my taste anyway.

What EXACTLY do you mean by nothing really happens? Because I get the feeling what you actually mean to say is that nobody got a full complete love scene.

Between Miyahara-Sorata-Nanami's 'dynamics', and Mashiro's rooftop scene at the end, I would say plenty of things had happen.
Old 2013-02-05, 06:55   Link #25
sky black swordman

So when in trouble Ryuunosuke cries out for Sorata for help . I never knew he relied on Sorata that much.
Old 2013-02-05, 07:05   Link #26
Sumeragi
Banned

Sorata is the only reliable person in the house, so it's obvious.

Of course, bromance might also be a factor.....
Old 2013-02-05, 07:13   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
So when in trouble Ryuunosuke cries out for Sorata for help . I never knew he relied on Sorata that much.
They reduced it a lot, but I remember in the LN that Dragon and Sorata's bromance are pretty high up- Almost tsundere level.

Sorata is the one he hides behind when in 'danger'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-05 at 07:28.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:15   Link #28
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That was Rita's first kiss, meaning it was just as important to her when she gives it away- she just wanted him to know that.
Yes I watched the scene too.
First kiss being extremely important is a concept used to please your average neet otaku. There were many other ways to make the character communicate her feelings other than informing the status quo of her chastity.

Quote:
Sure, if all you cared for was shipping.
Seriously? Shipping in a series with the winner in the title?
This was a minor episode, character/plot development-wise.

Quote:
Fortunately you seem to belong to a minority that holds that opinion as Sakurasou has long passed that stage a long time ago in most people's eyes.
Oh, the super effective Popularity Card.
You are right, many people like this show so I'm wrong. You are free to ignore my opinion.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:17   Link #29
Lota

That was a nice episode, I liked it. First things first, poor Rita. I hope Dragon called or at least wrote her, because otherwise... unforgivable! And poor Misaki. Getting stood up like that... ouch.

As for Mashiro-Sorata-Nanami triangle, there was some development here as well. I just have to say, I really really liked that classmate that got rejected by Nanami. That was so nice of him, trying to act normal around her so that it wouldn't be too awkward for her and then even helping her out like that (though she doesn't know it). Nanamiiiiiin, accept his feelings, or I will XDD

The rooftop scene was really cute :3 I'm glad that Sorata admitted that he was looking forward to the chocolate. And when Mashiro said that she was glad and Sorata turned away, blushing, I squeeled so hard XD d'awwwwww... Laughed at the hand-holding thing, Mashiro couldn't handle it, even though she asked fot it herself. And the little bit after, "I'm living even harder than you" = my heart is beating even faster (= I love you) awwwww, cute! (OK, I clearly need new words in my vocabulary...)

The scene when Sorata put 2 and 2 together... priceless Ah, next episode can't come soon enough.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:19   Link #30
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
First kiss being extremely important is a concept used to please your average neet otaku. There were many other ways to make the character communicate her feelings other than informing the status quo of her chastity.
Apparently you don't know how important a first kiss can be. Either that or you don't care about kisses.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:23   Link #31
zRichard

I just realized that I missed episode 16.

Why I'm not surprised that there was no damage done? That's Sakurasou for you.
The only strange thing I noticed was Misaki having a complicated look when she talked about Sorata with her classmate.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:29   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You must be joking if you think that first kiss are only important to Otakus.

Either that or it shows how ignorant you are which further adds to the hypocrisy of you pointing out Sorata's denseness or obliviousness.

Quote:
Seriously? Shipping in a series with the winner in the title?
This was a minor episode, character/plot development-wise.
Apparently enough people have taken it seriously enough.

I don't recall anyone claiming that it was suppose to be a super awesome episode either.

Quote:
Oh, the super effective Popularity Card.
You are right, many people like this show so I'm wrong. You are free to ignore my opinion.
Why so defensive? All I said was that you're in a minority group, I never said you were wrong.

EDIT:

Quote:
Why I'm not surprised that there was no damage done? That's Sakurasou for you.
Or rather, that's you for you.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:35   Link #33
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Apparently you don't know how important a first kiss can be. Either that or you don't care about kisses.
I wouldn't have any problem if the show didn't take itself so seriously. Yet, they gave that P.S. a "big reveal" treatment.

First kisses are important to get good sales. We all know that chaste heroines is the only way to go for this kind of stories to get any chances in the industry.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:41   Link #34
Sumeragi
Banned

Whatever, I'll just leave you to your bias I suppose.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:42   Link #35
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

@zRichard
I still remember my first kiss, and that was 16 years ago...

Besides, why are watching a show when it 's clear that you don't even lik it? I mean you even forgot to watch episode 16, which indicates that you don't even care.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:44   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I wouldn't have any problem if the show didn't take itself so seriously. Yet, they gave that P.S. a "big reveal" treatment.
A perfect example of nitpicking at it's worst.

Quote:
First kisses are important to get good sales. We all know that chaste heroines is the only way to go for this kind of stories to get any chances in the industry.
Yeah, I don't think anybody can take you seriously anymore.

Keep telling yourself it's the evil otakus' fault.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:46   Link #37
zRichard

Quote:
Don't get so upset over what an ignorant hypocrite is saying about the show you like.

And first kisses are not only important to otakus. They are also important to little kids.
Old 2013-02-05, 08:48   Link #38
Sumeragi
Banned

Oh sure, so only kids and otakus think first kisses are important. I can see it now (your own little world).
Old 2013-02-05, 09:01   Link #39
Lota

Ok, I'm not sure if I'll be able to express myself clearly, but... here goes:

When Rita came she was always so flity and stuff, so it sort of gave the impression that she likes to fool around or sth, and the kiss at the airport was just something she did on whim (at least that's probably how Dragon saw it). So she just wanted Dragon to know that that kiss was her first kiss too, and that she valued it even more than he did and that his opinion on her and that kiss was wrong... that's how I see it.
Old 2013-02-05, 09:21   Link #40
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Besides, why are watching a show when it 's clear that you don't even lik it? I mean you even forgot to watch episode 16, which indicates that you don't even care.
I like it enough to keep watching. Even if I don't think it's great stuff or worth recommending, it's not bad enough to drop.

I want to see how Mashiro lives after he inevitably hooks up with Sorata, Will she do Manga? Go back to paint? Or fate/stay in the kitchen?. She is also the only character that gets weekly growth.
I want to see if Minami/Sorata fails or succeed with their dreams. It would be interesting to see one of them failing and how the series deal with the resulting theme.
I want to see how the Jin/Misaki and Ryuuonosuke/Rita pairing ends up as well. The former because a "Player" character is unusual; the latter because they have the best screentime to enjoyment ratio.
Also, being 16 episodes into the series, I'm already committed to see how it ends.