AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 00:24   Link #141
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
3:04 minutes in to Counterattack Mankind I believe.
Thanks. It is freaking epic...although it was short.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 09:41   Link #142
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Ok, I have changed my mind. After listening to the complete version for a few times I came to the conclusion that those so-called "official lyrics" are either fake or the publishing company just wasn't informed about the lyrics and just made assumptions with their "Gerpanease" (all of this is just directed toward the German parts).

So I'll stay with "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger" and "Wir sind die Jäger"
Old 2013-07-12, 22:21   Link #143
jackolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Goodness, the quality of this opening is shit. I was highly anticipating this release, especially given how they took an extra 2 months to release it over other anime opening singles..

They really dropped the ball, though.

1. What's with all of the random trash noise in the background? Is it really necessary?
2. The amount of peaking is absurd.. It's so bad that it's affecting the sound quality.

Do they really expect people to buy this? ****, I would have been pissed if I imported this and heard this crap.
There is indeed some problems with this Single, first of all it doesn't sound like it was mastered very well(eg. too much back ground noise, compare to Revo’s past works), it could just be a bad rip due to it being leaked early(and not by a very good group). I mean "Guren no Yumiya" sounds like it was just ripped straight out of the PV.
And secondly the leaked FLAC version is actually just the MP3 version, with the volume & clipping jacked up very high(on second though, the MP3 also has this problem), image proofs: http://i.imgur.com/q4huf0o.png http://i.imgur.com/IsXnaJf.png
So yeah, need to wait till one of the more trusted group's rips comes out, then we'll see how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBoy View Post
That's why I hope they'll release another album with other version x)
A second OST has already been confirmed, and I personally think a third one will be made for Season 2 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Ok, I have changed my mind. After listening to the complete version for a few times I came to the conclusion that those so-called "official lyrics" are either fake or the publishing company just wasn't informed about the lyrics and just made assumptions with their "Gerpanease" (all of this is just directed toward the German parts).

So I'll stay with "Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger" and "Wir sind die Jäger"
You could be right there, but there was a disclaimer on the fan-translated lyrics posted before, which is pretty much spot on.
Quote:
For people who aren’t familiar with Linked Horizon/Sound Horizon in general, there are usually places in a song where the written lyrics in the booklet differ from what is actually being sung. Anything surrounded by [] brackets are what Revo is actually singing.
jackolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 04:04   Link #144
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

it happen a lot in jpop too
I still remember how messed up New World ( Laruku ) official lyric is

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 22:49   Link #145
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'm not pissed off about the German, I'm pissed off that they totally changed the feel of the song after 1:30 and up to the last minute or so. And the new OP for ep. 14 sucks balls.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 00:22   Link #146
darklegends8

The new op makes me sad knowing what happens to one of those characters.
Old 2013-07-17, 14:20   Link #147
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
There is indeed some problems with this Single, first of all it doesn't sound like it was mastered very well(eg. too much back ground noise, compare to Revo’s past works), it could just be a bad rip due to it being leaked early(and not by a very good group). I mean "Guren no Yumiya" sounds like it was just ripped straight out of the PV.
And secondly the leaked FLAC version is actually just the MP3 version, with the volume & clipping jacked up very high(on second though, the MP3 also has this problem), image proofs: http://i.imgur.com/q4huf0o.png http://i.imgur.com/IsXnaJf.png
So yeah, need to wait till one of the more trusted group's rips comes out, then we'll see how it is.
Regarding how it sounds like the PV,
Unfortunately, that's how the official version is. But now I see where the sound effects came from.

On that note, the PV slightly differs in that they reverb'ed the hell out of the singer's voice.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 16:36   Link #148
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm not pissed off about the German, I'm pissed off that they totally changed the feel of the song after 1:30 and up to the last minute or so.
Isn't that how Linked/Sound Horizon songs go? That's what I've been hearing.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 09:57   Link #149
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

On the Shingeki no Kyoujin wikia they really put in "ah ah ah ah wir sind jäger" into the guren no yumiya lyrics... why don't they just leave it empty if they have no idea? nope, they must "write something" and fill that out by randomly writing something in... now I feel like changing a wikia article for the first time in my life
Old 2013-07-21, 02:05   Link #150
CobraBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
A second OST has already been confirmed, and I personally think a third one will be made for Season 2 as well.
YEAH, that's really nice
Do you have sources for that please ?
CobraBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:17   Link #151
darklegends8

Are there official lyrics anywhere?
Old 2013-07-22, 15:34   Link #152
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Are there official lyrics anywhere?
Official lyrics for the OST or the opening single?
Old 2013-07-22, 15:49   Link #153
darklegends8

Quote:
Official lyrics for the OST or the opening single?
For the OST
Old 2013-07-22, 16:06   Link #154
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
For the OST
I am not sure if these are really the "official" ones. I stumbled upon them by pure chance, but they seem to be right... but as you see they are.... quite incomplete.

Link

I am still working on "manually" finding out the lyrics for ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn, but Gerpanease is not easy to decipher... however ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn is actually a mixture of "Bauklötze" and "XL-TT" and these are easier to understand. The "official" lyrics only contain the part from Vogel im Käfig though.

Actually I already got that done, complete with translation, but I feel reluctant now, after I had completely failed with the lyrics last time...

Last edited by GreyZone; 2013-07-23 at 02:49.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 19:23   Link #155
darklegends8

Quote:
I am not sure if these are really the "official" ones. I stumbled upon them by pure chance, but they seem to be right... but as you see they are.... quite incomplete.

Link

I am still working on "manually" finding out the lyrics for ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn, but Gerpanease is not easy to decipher... however ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn is actually a mixture of "Vogel im Käfig" and "XL-TT" and these are easier to understand. The "official" lyrics only contain the part from Vogel im Käfig though.

Actually I already got that done, complete with translation, but I feel reluctant now, after I had completely failed with the lyrics last time...
Oh I'm not that hardcore, actually I was just referring to reluctant heroes, since there's discrepancies depending on where you look for lyrics.
Old 2013-07-23, 01:07   Link #156
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Old 2013-07-31, 01:39   Link #157
Zeydra
A random passerby

A second ost has popped up it seems, it's going to be part of the extras included in the limited edition of volume 4 of the shows release. http://vgmdb.net/album/40757
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 13:52   Link #158
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

1. Guren no yumiya
2. Jiyuu no tsubasa
3. Moshi kono kabe no naka ga ikken no ie dato shitara

Release date: mid-July
Watch at last the start of the second season.

The new OP song is featured in the CD single that houses the first OP song, and I would say I like the first one better, but the current opening isn't bad.

I also think that the visuals for the new OP and ED videos are spectacular and full with future hints of things come.

I really enjoyed as well the song for the second ED theme.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 15:07   Link #159
Jun pls

Quote:

"der Jäger" isn't wrong though!
I thought so too but my friend opened my eyes lol
If all of them represent "one" hunter then "der Jäger" is correct.
We think in plural, but in singular "der Jäger" is right. Both can be right.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 16:56   Link #160
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun pls View Post
"der Jäger" isn't wrong though!
I thought so too but my friend opened my eyes lol
If all of them represent "one" hunter then "der Jäger" is correct.
We think in plural, but in singular "der Jäger" is right. Both can be right.
Well actually you are right. Escpacially in that first line of the song it is very hard to hear if it is "der" or "die"

However in the complete version there is a passage in the song that is not existing in the tv size version, where 4 times the line "Wir sind die Jäger", following by Japanease parts is used. No one can tell me that it is "der" at that point. If you listen to it you can clearly hear a German pronounced "i" and not an "e".

The booklet becomes even more questionable when it comes to Jiyuu no Tsubasa, espacially the parts in arrow brackets, but I won't go further into this...