AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 02:24   Link #121
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Hm, I'm still hoping that this OVA doesn't attempt to have a horror arc. It just doesn't suit it. Some may think of Higurashi as a horror anime, but I don't. It is primarily a mystery psychological, which is what first attracted me to the series, but, the relationship between the characters is what really made it a series I would love forever. Because the characters are the secret to Higurashi's true appeal, in my opinion that is, seeing their happier interactions seems interesting. The anime adaption actually left out their sweeter moments, so this should be able to fix that~ Hopefully, hopefully... And if what Warrior said about episode three is to be believed, then I too shall place all my hope in it, for just one decent Mion-centric episode.
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 04:36   Link #122
fuff

well the first anime ova ep is supposed to be about rena...but it doesn look like it from the preview...so im pretty sure there wont be a mion only ep...i like shion better than mion personally...so i would like to see that but i doubt it
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 15:03   Link #123
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I like Higurashi fun moments like everyone but for me the main appeal was the misterious and chilling atmosphere of the series, the paranoia fueled by not knowing what will happen or why is happening, the characters receive some small rewards from time to time but there's always something lying in the shadows. A one or two chapters or sillyness are fine but hope not all the fourç episodes end up being like that. A laugh for a scream seems like a good deal to me xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 03:02   Link #124
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
well the first anime ova ep is supposed to be about rena...but it doesn look like it from the preview...so im pretty sure there wont be a mion only ep...i like shion better than mion personally...so i would like to see that but i doubt it
I thought Batsukoishi-hen was about Keiichi and the soul brothers. If it is about Rena, I'm going to end up pulling my hair out, because Rena's had an episode in Rei, where as Mion never gets an episode. Even her arc isn't really about her! Sigh, why's Mion so unpopular... I really hope she gets attention this season!
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 09:31   Link #125
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Mion isn't unpopular, just unattended xDU. I also hope to a little more Mion, specially her badass strategy-martial arts skills xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-26, 12:37   Link #126
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Mion isn't unpopular, just unattended xDU. I also hope to a little more Mion, specially her badass strategy-martial arts skills xD
Or at least something similar to her fighting style in Yoigoshi-hen:

Spoiler for Awesome Scene:
Old 2011-05-26, 12:57   Link #127
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Talk about Mion's fighting skill... isn't this?

Spoiler:

And her famous move... Throwing in the air!

Spoiler:

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2011-05-26 at 13:25.
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 14:01   Link #128
SeventhSelection
Replica

Send a message via MSN to SeventhSelection
Wow, there are many people, who would like to see a Mion-centred episode. Myself included, of course.
I hope that much Mion-badassery is on it's way. Actually, what do you think what the other three episodes will be about?
Old 2011-05-26, 15:33   Link #129
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

If this will be a more lighthearted season i hope to see also a Satoko centered episode or at least some good Satoko scenes where she finally receives some reward by appearing doing something not related with receiving a beating(even in the comedy finale of Rei the poor girl can't avoid being brutalized, this time at the hands of Rena xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-28, 12:30   Link #130
SMT
*Artist

I don't really get my hopes too high about this having any horror elements or at least a bit of mystery.

I'd really like to see an adaption of Onisarashi-hen or/and Yoigoshi-hen, tho.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 23:23   Link #131
Dr. Casey

I think it would be neat to have an episode centering around Satoshi waking up from his coma and returning to life in Hinamizawa. I've always liked to imagine Satoshi as waking up during the June of 1984. Takano's been defeated and the curse of Oyashiro-sama's been broken, so I think having a miracle happen the June of '84 rather than another rendition of the curse to be a nice way of demonstrating the newfound peace.

As for the manga chapters... reading over the summaries of the manga arcs at Wikipedia, I think I'd be most interested in seeing adaptations for Utsutsukowashi-hen (The prequel with Shion at St. Lucia Academy) and Kokoroiyashi-hen (The epilogue where the group tries to recover after everything they went through in Matsuribayashi-hen).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 04:07   Link #132
fuff

the offical kira site has updated with these new images!! and some new screencaps!

if u wait on the background to change u see older rika..or maybe its bern?? or just click on story

http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/story/index.html

its for the second ova...looks like no horror this time

Last edited by fuff; 2011-05-30 at 04:20.
Old 2011-05-30, 07:52   Link #133
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
For easy to view:
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira...s/index_bg.jpg
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira.../index_bg2.jpg
3 to 6 are same...
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira.../index_bg7.gif
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira.../index_bg8.gif
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira.../index_bg9.gif

What the... Only Nomura, Miyo, and Ooishi (?) can be recognized.

For more info: http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1306741378

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2011-05-30 at 08:19.
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 08:22   Link #134
C-chan
A mere observer

Mahou Shouju Rika-chan? I would really love this OVA if there's mystery around, just a bit of light-hearted mystery. Well, if there's comedy, I don't mind it since I love comedy or anything effectively hilarious.

Notes of A Normal Highschool Girl

Without love, it cannot be seen.
Without love, magic cannot be seen.
Without love, even the truth cannot be seen.

C-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:24   Link #135
Joly
モエカステル

Oh my god. I'm looking forward to this.

Several guesses about this picture:
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira.../index_bg7.gif
This may be an older Rika, Frederica (from end of Kai - but then I realize this one actually has... a rack.), or perhaps even Ouka...?
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:56   Link #136
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Based on what's on this page and the previews so far, Higurashi has changed alot going from a suspensful thriller to.....magical girl? It doesn't seem right. Although Rei did have some light hearted moments, it still had some of the original feeling thanks to Saikoroshi-hen.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 13:09   Link #137
Kantoku
見ぬが花

If it really is based upon Magical Girl, maybe there will be some suspense and emotion? I'm also looking forward to this, regardless if it is only more fanservice or an arc with a surprise storyline R07 presents to us.

On Frederica / older Rika's picture...Rika-chan, you wished for a bigger chest in the future and told Mion you wouldn't lose. And your wish has been granted ^^!
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 13:13   Link #138
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, some Magical Girls have "age changing" magic, so maybe Magical Rika use her powers to turn into an adult?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-05-30, 13:20   Link #139
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
If it really is based upon Magical Girl, maybe there will be some suspense and emotion? I'm also looking forward to this, regardless if it is only more fanservice or an arc with a surprise storyline R07 presents to us.

On Frederica / older Rika's picture...Rika-chan, you wished for a bigger chest in the future and told Mion you wouldn't lose. And your wish has been granted ^^!
Unfortunately, she had to make a contract with the animal-form of Hanyuu, and now she has to fight LambdaDelta and Beatrice.....oh wait...

Also, it's not really THAT far of a stretch. I mean Madoka Magica had to use a Higurashi-style time warp as well.
Old 2011-05-30, 15:46   Link #140
fuff

hopefully they show satako older too and hanyuu i would love to see that!