AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 09:58   Link #201
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To note, the Angel Beats set appears to just be a compilation of the two Extra Packs.
Even if it is, the fact that it's going to be released WORLDWIDE kinda suprised me.

I really wished Love Live! had an English translation though, but.... it's kinda impossible.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 11:04   Link #202
thenightsshadow

Well, you got your wish. Love Live coming out in May. (A little late, since we knew it for a while, but I forgot about this thread.)
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 23:58   Link #203
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Can someone evaluate my experimental Kancolle deck?
Old 2014-05-20, 20:56   Link #204
Top Sergeant

I picked up a pair of trial decks for this last week (Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online) and my wife and I enjoy this more than we do Vanguard. Heck, its actually easier to play. Looking forward to more anime decks becoming available in English! (Ah, an Oda Nobuna no Yabou deck would be so beautiful, but I doubt that will ever happen.)
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 14:16   Link #205
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quick question: I wanted to give this a try for quite some time but I have no idea where to find the english trial decks online. Any suggestions?
Old 2014-05-21, 16:07   Link #206
Top Sergeant

I bought mine through Amazon.

I also referenced this video to teach myself (and my wife) the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAZf0rcysU
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 05:27   Link #207
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Quick question: I wanted to give this a try for quite some time but I have no idea where to find the english trial decks online. Any suggestions?
Love Live! Trial Deck is pretty powerful, easy to learn, and has pretty good pro skillz.
Old 2014-05-22, 16:52   Link #208
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Love Live! Trial Deck is pretty powerful, easy to learn, and has pretty good pro skillz.
Would love to get a hold of one but sadly all I could find on Amazon UK (without importing from outside the EU) was the Madoka Magicka deck. I'll keep it in mind though
Old 2014-05-22, 17:48   Link #209
GDB

Honestly, if you're just buying decks to learn the game or otherwise don't really care which series you get to begin with, Fate/Zero and Angel Beats provide the most "unique" cards. That is, most of the decks only have 5 cards that are trial deck only, but in English the Fate/Zero deck has cards from the extra booster that wasn't released in the US, and Angel Beats is almost (if not up to 92%) cards that aren't in the new booster set, but are from the older sets (which weren't printed in the US).
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:46   Link #210
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I got the Kantai Collection and Symphogear trial deck the other day. The sad thing is there is no one at my place have heard about Weiss Schwarz. I may try to gather a group, but teaching this game isn't easy, and people don't have much interest when there is lacking the amount of series that were released in English.
Old 2014-07-20, 15:46   Link #211
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Can someone evaluate my experimental Kancolle deck?
A little late since I don't go on here much, but I'll take a crack at it.

I'll separate it into levels first since alphabetically doesn't really help me.

Level 0: (14)
3x Hatsukaze

3x Hibiki
2x Ikazuchi
2x Inazuma

2x Mutsuki
2x Satsuki

Level 1: (14)
3x Shimakaze
2x Yahagi

4x Verniy
3x Yuubari

1x Tasuta

1x Ashigara

Level 2: (6)
1x Junyou
2x Zuihou

2x Chitose Kai-Ni
1x Maya (TD)

Level 3: (8)
3x Musashi

3x Kongou
2x Kongou Kai-Ni

Climax: (8)
2x All Airplane Squadrons, Begin Launching!
3x Swift as the Island Wind

3x Ready! Fire!!

First things first. Your deck is quite all over the place, yet seemingly structured. This seems like it is a decklist from a website, or a decklist based off a decklist from a website, because while there are some notable and interesting ideas, the playing package to put them together is hard. I don't know your skill level so I'm going to assume you're a medium-level player and critique based on that.

Some notable problems include a lower than normal Level 0 count, and at 14 typically there's a 4-of Character Encore Level 0 so that you can keep a field in case there isn't another Level 0 drawn. However, from the way I see you would and could use your stock, I'd even recommend potentially going up to 17 or 18 Level 0s. I also don't like Mutsuki; there are better Level 0s than her in the set.

Next, at Level 1 you seemingly have a random Tasuta as a 1-of. Hatsukaze doesn't go well with the other half of the Climax Combo, and as I see it you don't have a lot of back row, so she's fine. Yahagi is right as a 2-of, but time has proven that if you run Shimakaze, you should run her at 4. I don't really have anything else to say about Level 1, it's very similar to what I run.

Level 2 confuses me. You have 5 characters in the whole deck who can take advantage of Zuihou's Shot-grant ability, and none of them are major front-liners. Yes, I know Chitose Kai-Ni has Pay 2 Encore, but it's not a major reason to do this combo. Heck, you don't run any of the Level 3s that would combo with this, and there are Level 1s and 0s that also have a Carrier-type trait. Unless you run it specifically for the 3k power, Zuihou has to go. (Even then, what would you need to anti-counter? Your level 2 lineup is weak in power and same with your Level 3. I don't see any potential 13k+ at Level 2 without Zuihou, and that's saying something when walls at Level 2 can reach 15,500 easy depending on the series.)

Level 3 is quite standard. I've seen that line-up before.

My recommended changes:

Level 0:
-1 Hatsukaze
-2 Mutsuki

+2 Maikaze
+1 Hibiki
+2 Isonami

Level 1:
-1 Tasuta

+1 Shimakaze

Level 2:
-2 Zuihou
-1 Maya (TD)

+1 Junyou

Climax:
-2 All Airplane Squadrons, Begin Launching!

+1 Swift as the Island Wind
+1 Ready! Fire!!

Some interesting things to note.

- Isonami functions as a top-deck checker (allowing you to see your first trigger) and at the same time becomes your Global 500 Assist (like Hatsukaze) if your opponent doesn't Salvage, since you run Comeback Climaxes.

- Tasuta doesn't do enough in the deck to warrant a slot. Shimakaze would like it.

- I wasn't sure whether to keep Chitose Kai-Ni in but I kept it in for now, adding one more Junyou since she's integral to all Kantai Decks now. If you wanna remove it, consider dropping Yahagi or Yuubari along with Ashigara and run more Compass Events.

If you have any questions regarding the changes let me know.

Also, you have the wrong translation for Ashigara. If it backs up a Ship Girl/Ship Daughter/Fleet Girl, it's a 2500 Backup; else it's a 1500 Backup.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 23:29   Link #212
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Reviving this thread.

I recently got into this whole thing. I got my Kill La Kil trial deck when I went to a big cosplay convention last October. I am planning to improve this (Hopefully more Satsuki's and Ryuuko's ) and removing the unnecessary cards like the Gamagori back-up card and replacing the climax cards.

I'll be posting my wanted deck build here later on for evaluation. Opinions welcome!
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 08:23   Link #213
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Yeah, the hard thing about this game is actually finding players sometimes, but good thing is that the game actually self-promotes, simply due to well, having Signed Cards. (Yes, these are mine.)

And now the hard work begins with finding the SP of Love Live cards.
Old 2014-11-24, 05:26   Link #214
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Whoa that's a nice haul! Also, great to know a fellow Weiss Schwarz kababayan on these parts :3

So you're using Madoka and Love Live decks? Awesome!

Old 2014-11-24, 09:03   Link #215
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessEponine View Post
Whoa that's a nice haul! Also, great to know a fellow Weiss Schwarz kababayan on these parts :3

So you're using Madoka and Love Live decks? Awesome!
Those are my main decks yes. Nisekoi is also having an English Booster so I'm also planning to buy that. Indeed, my life is pretty ruined.
Old 2014-11-24, 20:54   Link #216
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

So meaning to Nisekoi English trial decks are out now?! O_O

Old 2014-11-25, 01:43   Link #217
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessEponine View Post
So meaning to Nisekoi English trial decks are out now?! O_O
It's in January. lol. Enough time to hopefully collect Christmas dues.

Also, for those interested, there will be Fairy Tail in December, and Project Diva F 2nd in Febuary. Busy day for Waifu the TCG.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:06   Link #218
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Sweet! We still building up our Weiss Schwarz community here. We do hope it flourishes in a way :3

Old 2014-11-27, 09:02   Link #219
GDB

Good news: Nisekoi's getting nerfed hard compared to its Japanese counterpart. This was vastly necessary since otherwise it'd just rip everything in English apart, since it already does that 70% of the time in Japanese.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 09:04   Link #220
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Good news: Nisekoi's getting nerfed hard compared to its Japanese counterpart. This was vastly necessary since otherwise it'd just rip everything in English apart, since it already does that 70% of the time in Japanese.
I tried it and I know. It's like Prophecy YGO-wise. It never ran out of cards to play.

Well, it doesn't matter as long as I get SP Onodera. #OnoderaTeam

Tags
schwarz, tcg, trading card game, weiss