AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-02-11, 19:28   Link #2381
gundamnedgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by akigakuyuu View Post
Really? Huh. I never really noticed. Actually, have I ever watched the OVA version? ... O_o; *goes to get her EW dvd*

Oh, I'm sure. But man, did I have a laughing fit last night reading that.

Me: Wait, so Treize is blonde, but Relena is brunette? Wth. *flips to Heero's page* ... DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
aaahhh. so treize is a blondie after all hahahahahaha! yay! thanks for bringin that up. now i can go update my character profs. that's what i don't get too, btw. i remember seeing a profile of sally and shes listed as a blonde and yet she and treize have obviously darker shade of whateverthatcoloris than relena's. and yet i get mauled by haters when i say she's blond. like srsly compared to treizes and sally's hers is lighter but meeehhh.
gundamnedgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:38   Link #2382
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Funfact: Hikaru Midorikawa, Heero's seiyuu, also voiced Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0. The Seto Kaiba who had green hair.

By the way, does anyone know what rank/title of nobility Treize had? I think he was a duke or something...?
Moar funfacts: One year before Wing started, Midorikawa and Seki (Duo's VA) were teammates in Future GPX Cyber Formula (Midoikawa as Shinjyo; Seki as Kaga).

Yes, he is a duke. http://www.gundamofficial.com/www_ac...ar_treize.html

Off to scan GotD soon.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:44   Link #2383
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Courtesy of Data Gundam (Treize's file)

Duke: Treize Khushrenada, Valder Farkill, Berg
Count: Lady Une, Zechs Merquise, Sedici, Broden
Viscount: Jim(?), Christ(?), Kratz Silvy(?)
Baron: Zechs Merquise, Heintz(?)
Baronet: Lucrezia Noin, Trant Clark
Knight: Otto, Alex, Meuller, Walker, Nicol, Mesa(?), Urabo(?), Lucard(?), Matsumoto, Roche Nattono, Kratz Silvy, Broom Brooks, Luna Armonia, Soris Armonia
Sir: Bruno, Trowa Barton, Claus, Clements, Aretha Walker, Lowe Sernan

I have no idea who some of these people are...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:58   Link #2384
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks Deacon and Kit, this is very interesting. Even if I don't know who most of those guys are. Too bad Tsubarov isn't listed...
By the way, that Christ dude is the guy with the shades.
Spoiler for blue one:

And wasn't Jim a mechanic? As for the others, I have a feeling FT might touch upon them...

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-02-11 at 20:08.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:03   Link #2385
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

Knight: Otto, Alex, Meuller, Walker, Nicol, Mesa(?), Urabo(?), Lucard(?), Matsumoto, Roche Nattono, Kratz Silvy, Broom Brooks, Luna Armonia, Soris Armonia

By "Trowa Barton", do they mean the original? Or ..idk, Trowa while he was undercover in OZ? Cuz I'd thought it was explicitly said that the Bartons were NOT nobility or otherwise affluent people of any sort, hence their bitterness towards people in Romefeller who treated them as less for this reason (despite being their elder, in Dekim's case).

Interesting the Sedici was a Count, cuz wasn't he a General for White Fang? So would that mean Artemis Sedici was also a Countess?

Interesting that Trant Clark was a Baronet, I wonder if Seis was as well. (If he was legally adopted by Seis, that would make Heero one as well, wouldn't it? )

And some of these people are the ones mentioned earlier in the novel as part of Treize's original group of cadets, I think...
Old 2011-02-11, 20:16   Link #2386
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
By "Trowa Barton", do they mean the original? Or ..idk, Trowa while he was undercover in OZ? Cuz I'd thought it was explicitly said that the Bartons were NOT nobility or otherwise affluent people of any sort, hence their bitterness towards people in Romefeller who treated them as less for this reason (despite being their elder, in Dekim's case).
I think they mean the pilot and I think that these titles are less of a hereditary thing and more of a military ranking system. Zechs was 'promoted' from baron to count, wasn't he? Usually you have to buy a title like that if you weren't born with it but in his case I think it was awarded to him due to his military achievements and not because of a big paycheck. Which makes me question who's true nobility and who isn't.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:28   Link #2387
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
This list is from 2006 :P The other characters are from god knows what...

The definition for countess defines it as a wife or an earl or a count, but also a woman who holds in her own right the rank of earl or count. So I'm assuming that Count is unisex?

And that's when Trowa infiltrated OZ.

Urabo is apparently a Taurus pilot who "smoked out" the Epyon.

Edit: Just because they are OZ soldiers doesn't mean they hold court with Romefeller...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 20:29   Link #2388
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I think they mean the pilot and I think that these titles are less of a hereditary thing and more of a military ranking system. Zechs was 'promoted' from baron to count, wasn't he? Usually you have to buy a title like that if you weren't born with it but in his case I think it was awarded to him due to his military achievements and not because of a big paycheck. Which makes me question who's true nobility and who isn't.
Maybe... but wasn't Treize's rank inherited? Otherwise, you'd think Duke Dermail would be much higher ranked since he was Treize's superior as head of Romefeller, but it'd make sense that the Catalonia and Khushrenada line would be equal if it was acceptable for them to marry into one another (Angelina and Hundelt)- thus making Dorothy a Duchess, btw since that would make Chilias also the same rank- it'd make sense she's equal to Treize....

What was Cinquante Khushrenada's title? Was it mentioned?

EDIT:
Quote:
And that's when Trowa infiltrated OZ.
Edit: Just because they are OZ soldiers doesn't mean they hold court with Romefeller...
Great, thanks!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:31   Link #2389
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Walker was a knight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Interesting the Sedici was a Count, cuz wasn't he a General for White Fang? So would that mean Artemis Sedici was also a Countess?
Probably not. Was Artemis ever a part of OZ?

Quote:

Good to know that Farkill was a Duke.

Kratz Silvy is a character in G-Unit.

Could Heintz be Victor Gaintz from BoP?
Old 2011-02-11, 21:57   Link #2390
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Probably not. Was Artemis ever a part of OZ?
Not that we heard... but Sedici was definitely the White Fang general I was thinking of:
http://aboutgundamwing.com/glossary_characters.htm
Scroll to his name. Maybe he'd formerly been part of OZ and then changed allegiances? But that still wouldn't make sense if these are hereditary titles and Artemis wasn't a noble.. (she was just a factory worker, wasn't she?)
Old 2011-02-11, 22:00   Link #2391
Washu-Chan