Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 09:10   Link #81
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Out of curiosity, where are you getting that idea from? Are you talking from knowledge of the original game, or from your impressions on the first episode? Because I got the impression that he was already on great terms with one of the girls, if not dating her. (in anime, a hizamakura is not to be taken lightly)
Knowledge of the original game. No spoilering, but the game has one of the most closely interwined character routes. (Other games you get different story branches for different characters, but this one is different) Not to mention that the storyline seems to leave little space for such things.

Game progress: 9/16 first day, haven't went into Red Night yet.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:43   Link #82
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A pretty decent first episode overall, they moved a bit faster than i thought they would, but this was probably a good place where to end the episode now that i think about it - slower would have likely made it a wee bit too draggy. I rather like the artwork and soundtrack, and the OP is pretty nice as well, was expecting no less from Ayane. As for the episode itself ... well, not that much to say, as they are just setting things up for the moment. I felt the transition to the red night was stretched just a tad too long, but ah well. One thing this episode did remind me of though - just how close Yuka and Kakeru look, i guess that is about as close to being a couple without actually being one as one can get

On another note, Even though this was only the first episode, they already introduced a few changes compared to the game ... or rather, added some things that weren't there originally. A few changes i have hard time imagining where they would be going with, so time will tell i guess.

Spoiler for The few changes compared to the game within the frame of episode1, no spoilers regarding future events (remember, those are not allowed!):

And now, a week until the next episode. Chances are it is going to appeal more to those who craved some "action" compared to the first one, but remember that this show is mainly survival horror fantasy, which, while having its dose of action, isn't going to be the next Bleach either, so don't go expecting tons of action each and every episode, that is not what the show is about primarily
Old 2009-10-08, 15:50   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
He's not dating Yuka, they're just really close childhood friends
As I said, if they're not dating, they're obviously
very close. Again, don't underestimate the hizamakura in anime. (seriously, they don't do that without serious implication)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Knowledge of the original game. No spoilering, but the game has one of the most closely interwined character routes. (Other games you get different story branches for different characters, but this one is different) Not to mention that the storyline seems to leave little space for such things.

Game progress: 9/16 first day, haven't went into Red Night yet.
Oh, so you haven't actually finished the game yet?
Old 2009-10-08, 21:06   Link #84
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, just watched the first episode. Interesting to say the least. Reminded me a lot of Chaos Head.

I'm not sure if I'll stick with this one, since I don't care for the protagonist's much... but we'll see. Hopefully it won't crap out at the end.
Old 2009-10-08, 21:09   Link #85
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Reminded me a lot of Chaos Head.
Exactly what I thought. But then, this series reminds people about a couple things.
Old 2009-10-08, 21:16   Link #86
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Who is that female in the ED?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:18   Link #87
Midonin
Last Engage

That question cannot be answered at this time, but I think she was on Lucky Star once.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:31   Link #88
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Wow, talk about a bad anime. I'll probably drop this by episode 2.
Old 2009-10-08, 22:17   Link #89
xKeen

Nothing to comment about the first ep...I think it could do without the panty shots :/
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 23:00   Link #90
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Oh, so you haven't actually finished the game yet?
Nope... slowly playing my way through. But I know a bit about the endings since I do read certain sites.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:02   Link #91
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Not bad, I didn't have high hopes for this series but I actually enjoyed it, i'll keep watching :P
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 23:16   Link #92
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not a bad 1st episode. At least they were able to make in time for the sales...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:20   Link #93
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Overall, the first episode was great, was really looking forward to this once I heard it was gonna be animated. Anyway, spotted a few things different from the game, lots of small details but I'm lazy to type em so I'm just gonna mention the parts which I think are important. Also, I won't mention things that Skyfall has already mentioned.

Spoiler for Differences. Don't open if you don't want any spoilers:

I'm thinking that this anime will be revolving between Yuka, Misuzu and Kakeru in the romance area since the OP and ED pratically hinted it.
Anyone else besides me find the girls cuter in the anime than in the game?
Spoiler for :

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2009-10-09 at 04:26.
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:54   Link #94
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Overall, the first episode was great, was really looking forward to this once I heard it was gonna be animated. Anyway, spotted a few things different from the game, lots of small details but I'm lazy to type em so I'm just gonna mention the parts which I think are important. Also, I won't mention things that Skyfall has already mentioned.

Spoiler for Differences. Don't open if you don't want any spoilers:
Spoiler for clarification:

Quote:
I'm thinking that this anime will be revolving between Yuka, Misuzu and Kakeru in the romance area since the OP and ED pratically hinted it.
I have watched both the OP and ED half a dozen times by now, and i must say i don't see anything in there that would hint at any romance solutions. I don't really mind if they don't twiddle much with romance here (without tweaking it heavily at least), because the romance aspect was very very poorly handled in the game. That aside though, i also have an idea of whose ending this might be, and lets just say my view half differs from yours
Old 2009-10-09, 04:13   Link #95
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for clarification:
Spoiler for Don't open unless you want to be spoiled:

Quote:
I have watched both the OP and ED half a dozen times by now, and i must say i don't see anything in there that would hint at any romance solutions. I don't really mind if they don't twiddle much with romance here (without tweaking it heavily at least), because the romance aspect was very very poorly handled in the game. That aside though, i also have an idea of whose ending this might be, and lets just say my view half differs from yours
Actually, it might be me overlooking things but, if you have noticed, around 0:33 to 0:35 of the OP, Yuka and Misuzu were shown together, with the other main female leads shown one at the time. And from 0:36 to 0:42 of the ED, Yuka and Misuzu were shown together, back to back. Normally from most of the romance anime I've watched, the two girls vying for one guy's attention are usually shown together in the OP and ED.

Also I just noticed after rerunning this episode in my head.
Spoiler for Minor Spoiler:

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2009-10-09 at 04:25.
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 05:43   Link #96
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well that was a bit too fast for my liking, but the premises are making me interested. The only thing I felt was a bit out of the place were those random pantyshots...

And it honestly puzzles me why they included a hungarian translation for the episode title. "Piros éjszaka" indeed means "Red night" in hungarian, but I can't even begin to imagine what might have been the reason to have it translated into such an unusual language like ours.
Old 2009-10-09, 06:01   Link #97
Wrath88
Kissing...

I looked at wikipedia, and why the heck was Shiori placed under side character? She's a gettable heroine in the game, isn't she?
Old 2009-10-09, 07:23   Link #98
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
And it honestly puzzles me why they included a hungarian translation for the episode title. "Piros éjszaka" indeed means "Red night" in hungarian, but I can't even begin to imagine what might have been the reason to have it translated into such an unusual language like ours.
I am quite surprised they did that, actually - but lets say the choice hasn't been completely random on their part, though it will likely take quite some time in to the story to find out why
Old 2009-10-09, 07:40   Link #99
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I looked at wikipedia, and why the heck was Shiori placed under side character? She's a gettable heroine in the game, isn't she?
I wondered the same thing... I thought Shiori was one of the main characters.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:59   Link #100
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Shiori is not a main character in the game, according to this walkthrough:
http://g-seeker.net/game/a/11eyes.html

She might be in the 360 version, which expanded this and that, but the anime is based off the PC version.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen