AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-21, 19:09   Link #9901
solomon

Scavenging, HARUMPH! I'm on a QUEST my dear boy. A quest for L'AMOOURRREEEEE

Anyway's I stayed up chatting one woman last night and am on another right now. I don't know if it's due to my deficencies or due to their over-cautiousness but it seems like I'm doing a lot of the work in the convo's.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 19:23   Link #9902
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I don't know if it's due to my deficencies or due to their over-cautiousness but it seems like I'm doing a lot of the work in the convo's.
I've noticed that with online dating too. I usually just write them off if they don't even attempt to keep up their end of the conversation, and only respond specifically to what I say without saying any more or less.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 19:49   Link #9903
solomon

Hmm, yea I was leaning toward that.
Old 2011-12-22, 21:33   Link #9904
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
I gotta say, getting a "yes" from someone out of you league is cool, but also finding someone who understands your love for anime is also important too.(
I know this one is from the last page, but I just had to reply. One thing to consider is that you may not always be as into anime as you are now.

I used to be a hard-core anime fan back in high school and college. I never got into figurines, but I literally wallpapered my part of my dorm room with anime posters. Every room I occupied had at least one poster or wall scroll. I had anime shirts, followed nearly every fansub, became a fansubber... but that just scratches the aesthetic aspect of the hobby. Anime meant a lot more to me than that - a whole lot more. I figured that things would never change; maybe as an adult I'd have less time to keep up with the number of series that I was, but I figured that my house would be decorated with wall scrolls and posters all the same. My "soul mate" was going to either have to be tolerant or a fellow fan.

Near the end of college - around the time I met the woman who would become my wife - my anime activity was already waning. My wife was up for watching some series with me, and we enjoyed them together, but we gradually transitioned into J-dramas (I don't know why - it wasn't anything that she did). Post-college, during graduate school, my anime activity virtually dropped off. I was averaging about one series per year, and even then it was more due to nostalgia than real interest.

Now here I am, about four years out of college, and I'm living a life I never would have envisioned. My walls are decorated with pictures, but there's no trace of anime on them. I have more computer screens than ever, yet not a single one of them has an anime wallpaper. I think I still have anime shirts somewhere, but they haven't been worn in years. I've been getting back into watching anime recently, but I don't think I'll ever return to being as much of a fan as I was 8-10 years ago.

It's actually pretty fascinating to consider, how much we change with time and experiences.

Now, maybe you'll be one of those people who remains a devoted fan throughout your entire life. There's nothing wrong with that, and in that scenario it'd certainly help to have someone who understands your fandom (especially if you're a die-hard fan for the reasons that I was). I wouldn't put aside an otherwise perfect relationship just because of that, though! You never know what's in store for you in life

Quote:
BTW que es mIRC? My young whippersnapper ass don't know nothin bout that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
mIRC was, and still is, mainly a chat program. Some subbers still use it today for file sharing, but back in the mid and late 90s it was mainly used for socializing. You could join channels with hundreds of people, or do individual chats. Met a lot of people this way.
This exchange made me sad. IRC was never really mainstream (well, maybe briefly for fansubs), but has it really been relegated so far back that it's an unknown and doesn't receive much use?
Old 2011-12-23, 07:57   Link #9905
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I still use it from time to time, but only for small-talk...then again, I'm going out a lot more these days than I used to, so things like msn, mIRC and FB are at the bottom of my list.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 11:12   Link #9906
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

@Ledgem, I'm similiar. Though I don't think I'll ever give up on Anime entirely, I'm not as easily entertained by it. I notice the patterns too much.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:08   Link #9907
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I still use it from time to time, but only for small-talk...then again, I'm going out a lot more these days than I used to, so things like msn, mIRC and FB are at the bottom of my list.
Shouldn't those things be at the bottom of anybody's list?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 12:55   Link #9908
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Yes, they should be, yet, I know quite a few people who are absolutely fixated on bookface.
Old 2011-12-23, 13:01   Link #9909
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Yes, they should be, yet, I know quite a few people who are absolutely fixated on bookface.
Must be the people I jave been mixing with......they don't use FB like me, and they are considered social outcasts too.

Yet, time is in short supply as for me as those people who use FB. Maybe I need to apend less time in the library.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 01:56   Link #9910
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well, I only ever made an acount because girls had stopped asking me mobile number and wanted my FB name, it was too freakin' awkward after a few months...but all I ended up with was 100 "friends", most of whom I just ignored. In the end it's always better to ask for a girl's home address instead of an e-mail or account name
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 02:05   Link #9911
Who

Only thing Facebook is good for relationship-wise is seeing people being listed in a relationship, saying how much they're in love as a status update, and proceed to be listed as single within a few hours.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 06:44   Link #9912
solomon

Che, internet. Only thing it's good for is seeing if your boyfriend is sleeping around. Friggin My Space. What? I'm not supposed to look at the comments? They're on the first page!
Old 2011-12-26, 00:13   Link #9913
Hera

I feel uncomfortable asking in real life so I'm asking here o.o
Ladies, do you think you have the right to know who your boyfriend hangs out with?
Do you feel rightly offended if he chooses to tell other people about his friends but not you?
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 01:56   Link #9914
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! My sophomoric dream SHATTERED!! HOLLYWOOD LIED TO ME!!!!

Anyway, anyone doing or did the online dating thingy before? I made fun of it before but I gave into temptation and joined OK Cupid, e-flirting as we speak. It's kinda fun actually!
lol I probably still make fun of it today (but I don't judge people on their decisions to do it lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Ladies, do you think you have the right to know who your boyfriend hangs out with?
Do you feel rightly offended if he chooses to tell other people about his friends but not you?
First question: honestly I think I would like to know who my boyfriend hangs out with, but it may differ the reasons from other girls, for one I would like to be friends with his friends.

Second Question: yes I would feel offended because I feel like he'd be ashamed of being with me or something like that. when people are joyful they talk about the things or people they like, and tend to keep what they are embarrassed of secret. That would be my reason for my reason lol (hope that makes sense)
Sky Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:11   Link #9915
Hera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicPandas View Post
First question: honestly I think I would like to know who my boyfriend hangs out with, but it may differ the reasons from other girls, for one I would like to be friends with his friends.

Second Question: yes I would feel offended because I feel like he'd be ashamed of being with me or something like that. when people are joyful they talk about the things or people they like, and tend to keep what they are embarrassed of secret. That would be my reason for my reason lol (hope that makes sense)
Ahhh I agree with this. Thanks
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 19:58   Link #9916
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
As a guy, I know this question isn't directed towards me, but I feel like there should be a level of trust between the couple; the guy isn't entirely obligated to tell the girl everything, but she should at least know the basic circle of friends her boyfriend/date is associated with.

I would definitely tell my girlfriend or the girl I'm dating what I'm doing frequently, but if she pries in too much, it gets annoying. It would remind me of my parents. That being said, I have never really tried to find out about whatever girl I'm dating at the moment (her friends/acquaintances); that stuff just happens naturally on its own.

As for the second part, I can understand if the girl gets offended, but there are some people I know who I would rather not introduce her to or talk about to, being that they would make her feel extremely awkward. Like the video game club at my school.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:04   Link #9917
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

^ What's so "bad" about a video game club?
Old 2011-12-27, 02:06   Link #9918
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Yeah, a better question would be if those even exist.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:16   Link #9919
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
^ What's so "bad" about a video game club?
My friend actually called the police on several members cause they were creeping on her. It's not really the idea of the video game club that's bad, it's the members, though I should have specified.
Old 2011-12-27, 02:20   Link #9920
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

^ And why are you hanging out with those 'bad people'? I'm not your gf, so may you tell me?

Do the majority of members behave like that?

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom