AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-11, 14:23   Link #421
darky
I belong to Darkness

Send a message via MSN to darky
hello I'm new here

I have a silly question on this show ...

is there any second season for this show because I'm not satisfy with 14 episodes??
Old 2006-08-11, 14:41   Link #422
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darky
hello I'm new here

I have a silly question on this show ...

is there any second season for this show because I'm not satisfy with 14 episodes??
There is no news, no official announcements for a 2nd season. Yes its too good to not have a 2nd season, but the only thing we can do is pray, to Haruhi-sama of course
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-11, 19:55   Link #423
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Speculatively, it may also be the reason why Kyon still ends up sitting next to Haruhi despite the classroom shuffle.
but at that time, i thought they didnt really know each other much, just had daily random conversations before homeroom class... hmm... actually, how long did this last for before the seatings changed?

禁則事項です
Old 2006-08-11, 20:37   Link #424
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno
but at that time, i thought they didnt really know each other much, just had daily random conversations before homeroom class... hmm... actually, how long did this last for before the seatings changed?
Don't underestimate random conversations; back then, Kyon was the only person Haruhi even bothered to talk to. He was as close to a friend as she was going to get at the time, with Haruhi isolating herself off from everyone else.
Old 2006-08-11, 21:19   Link #425
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kyon was also the only person who didn't *seem* to prejudge Haruhi from her viewpoint ... some of her isolation was because she wanted things to be interesting and none of the other "conformist" classmates were comfortable with that.
Old 2006-08-11, 22:12   Link #426
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Kyon was also the only person who didn't *seem* to prejudge Haruhi from her viewpoint ... some of her isolation was because she wanted things to be interesting and none of the other "conformist" classmates were comfortable with that.
I am not so sure... Ryoko had attempted to befriend Haruhi as a part of her mission in the past, but that didn't work out. Haruhi either subconsciously notices something familiar about Kyon, or was glad to have someone who has no specific demands/expectations when talked to.
Old 2006-08-11, 22:17   Link #427
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I am not so sure... Ryoko had attempted to befriend Haruhi as a part of her mission in the past, but that didn't work out. Haruhi either subconsciously notices something familiar about Kyon, or was glad to have someone who has no specific demands/expectations when talked to.
I've repeatedly speculated that she wants to sit behind Kyon because his back reminds her of John Smith. His noticing of her hairstyle changing behavior did perk her attention though.. wonder if that meant anything more than superficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
If I were to adopt Itsuki's tone of thinking, I'd say that she wanted to keep herself away from all the "normal" classmates because she didn't want to let go of her aliens, time travellers, etc hopes. As Koizumi speculated, Haruhi has this deep common sense that anchors her which says that things like those REALLY don't exist.. My guess is that she didn't want to get close with the "normal" people so she could avoid being assimiliated to their normal day-to-day lives.

Why Kyon? Cos John Smith.
Old 2006-08-12, 03:48   Link #428
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
maybe he's got something to do with John Smith? XD
and oh yeah, i noticed (after going out yesterday)
that there are indeed people who likes to walk the other way than following the crowd, they're weird already.
if majority have black hair, you'll want another color'd hair.
so...
:S
Old 2006-08-12, 03:48   Link #429
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well:
Spoiler:

EDIT: changed 2 reasons to progressive reason

Alright time for lunch.

Old 2006-08-12, 11:05   Link #430
jzmagic
flargansbog

could someone direct me to a list of the chronological order of the episodes? i checked out that other sticky but it stops short of the full 14 episodes.
Old 2006-08-12, 11:13   Link #431
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic
could someone direct me to a list of the chronological order of the episodes? i checked out that other sticky but it stops short of the full 14 episodes.
You could have just watched the previews to find out.

Aired Order/Chronological Order

01:11
02:01
03:02
04:07
05:03
06:09
07:08
08:10
09:14
10:04
11:13
12:12
13:05
14:06
Old 2006-08-12, 11:48   Link #432
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Hmm... I am not very good at explaining theories, but here I go.

Haruhi desires to pair up with Kyon, but there exists an element of doubt within her. At this point of the timeline, Haruhi's feelings towards Kyon has not solidified into anything substantial yet. So... one could say that she is still insecure?

This insecurity probably led her into thinking about what if Kyon paired up with Mikuru instead, since Mikuru can be considered to be her main competitor. By thinking so much about it, she made it come true.

Now that the first blow has been dealt, her insecurities caused her to ponder the possibility of somebody else getting it, and voila, Yuki gets paired with Kyon in the second round.

One could say... Haruhi defeated herself?
Were there other things from the novels that made you come up with such a conclusion? Cause I still don't quite understand. The first seating plan change occured way before this toothpick incident, before the SOS dan was even made. If Haruhi already wanted to sit behind Kyon back then, she surely would have wanted very much to find mysteries together with Kyon by now, and she was visibly very pissed after missing them, showing that she wanted to be with him very much. It wouldn't make sense, to me, for her to miss the draws both times because of her doubts, and yet successfully sat behind Kyon when the latter incident occured way before the toothpick incident.
Old 2006-08-12, 12:16   Link #433
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
Were there other things from the novels that made you come up with such a conclusion? Cause I still don't quite understand. The first seating plan change occured way before this toothpick incident, before the SOS dan was even made. If Haruhi already wanted to sit behind Kyon back then, she surely would have wanted very much to find mysteries together with Kyon by now, and she was visibly very pissed after missing them, showing that she wanted to be with him very much. It wouldn't make sense, to me, for her to miss the draws both times because of her doubts, and yet successfully sat behind Kyon when the latter incident occured way before the toothpick incident.
The "sitting behind" doesn't actually require Haruhi to believe she has feelings for Kyon. It just requires that she wants to sit with someone she can talk to. (which, at that stage in the story, consists of Kyon and no one else.)
Old 2006-08-12, 13:58   Link #434
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

About the first time Haruhi sat behind Kyon:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-12, 15:12   Link #435
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCV
The "sitting behind" doesn't actually require Haruhi to believe she has feelings for Kyon. It just requires that she wants to sit with someone she can talk to. (which, at that stage in the story, consists of Kyon and no one else.)
That makes sense. But I still don't see what other evidence supports the theory that Haruhi missed the draw because she had doubts. Were there any indications of that in the novel? Cause she was visibly pissed after she missed the draws, which would be evident that she really wanted to be with Kyon.

And I am a bit slow. Who's John Smith?
Old 2006-08-12, 15:33   Link #436
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
That makes sense. But I still don't see what other evidence supports the theory that Haruhi missed the draw because she had doubts. Were there any indications of that in the novel? Cause she was visibly pissed after she missed the draws, which would be evident that she really wanted to be with Kyon.

And I am a bit slow. Who's John Smith?
Its best not to know if you haven't read novel 3. But if you've read novel 3 do reply here and we will fill in for you. Most probably because the Taiwanese version had this name in chinese.

Old 2006-08-12, 17:37   Link #437
saner

I wonder why Kyon doesn't love Haruhi, any idea?
Old 2006-08-12, 18:37   Link #438
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
Spoiler:

Just focus a little and you'll spot it~
Old 2006-08-12, 21:25   Link #439
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
He's put off by her selfishness. I think this is perfectly clear from his monologues on her... he gets used to her eccentricities and likes her on some levels, but not nearly enough to ignore her glaring faults when it comes to respecting others.
Old 2006-08-12, 21:49   Link #440
Renge
smile

A weird question but....

Spoiler: