AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-15, 20:44   Link #41
tritoch

ZOMG.. It looks like a cross between Bokura Ga Ita / Nana in terms of character designs. Awesome.

So who is subbing this? O,o
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 02:42   Link #42
Lunacy

Only up to episode 2 and loving it.

I thought I would have a difficult time watching the raw because of their dialect, but it's a lot easier than expected, probably because the dialog is simple. I am surprised no one is subbing this adorable series.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-16, 07:35   Link #43
Ch1kane

yup when i saw the character's design i was like oh bokura ga ita...and yes this series is funny to watch and i love the opening suits the anime so much
Ch1kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:20   Link #44
humski
*Fansubber

this anime looks really good, read animebloggers of it, seen the episode screencaps, who going it!! can't wait =(. well hopefully some group will release this.
humski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 09:41   Link #45
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
this anime sooo funny "i like the manga"
i hope some group subs this anime soon
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:06   Link #46
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hmm, I too am surprised this series has not been subbed yet. It's a rather fun series to me, and I enjoy it alot. It's also a refreshing anime
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 14:58   Link #47
kinbari08

News of a fansub of this series is finally here! Go here for more info.: http://community.livejournal.com/love_com/27790.html
kinbari08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 19:37   Link #48
humski
*Fansubber

whos the fansub group? i've read the blog, and really quite happy that a group has picked it up. hopefully it'll turn out to be very well done sub

can't wait
humski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 01:15   Link #49
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
yeah at last
i'm waiting ^_^
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 11:30   Link #50
masama
use the fōrks ~

this is really good, i don't normally watch shoujo romance stuff but the comedy makes up for it.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 11:44   Link #51
bobby6
LLE's assassin :D

I really wanted to do this series as my group's next project actually, but there are 3 of us, and when it comes to what types of anime we like I'm the odd one out , so we ended up settling on something else instead. I also truly hope that someone picks up this series though. I'd be very interested to see it.
bobby6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 18:17   Link #52
andromeda0201

Episode 1 by KissSub released! Now I can finally start watching it
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 03:16   Link #53
Jerseykid

Just watched the sub, was enjoyable. The battleships getting torpedo'd was amusing.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 05:13   Link #54
Dernhelm
High on Jin

woot!! this thread just moved sections! XD

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 07:08   Link #55
wao
OK.

Yay, this got subbed. I woudln't call it my favourite or the best series of Spring by any stretch and ep 2 wasn't as good as ep 1 in terms of pacing and direction, but there's something about it that keeps me watching despite not liking shoujo!

It's quite predictable to me, but somehow I just can't help but grin when seeing Ootani and Koizumi's antics. They're so cute. I can't believe I'm saying this, really.

I really dig how the outlines of the characters aren't in black too, it makes a big difference.
Old 2007-04-20, 08:25   Link #56
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
It's quite predictable to me, but somehow I just can't help but grin when seeing Ootani and Koizumi's antics.
predictable that they are going to get together, or predictable because youve read the manga/ seen the drama?

I think its highly likely that the two will hit it off, and have a happy ending- but - ive watched way too many animes that veer off from what i expect and get strange/crazy/interesting/weird, so I'm going to stay on guard. (pls no manga/drama spoilers in this thread)

Anyway, even if they do get together, i think having them as a couple represents tons of opportunities for funny situations.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:09   Link #57
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Surprisingly good for an episode 1. Didn't see this anime coming, actually I learned it existed when I saw the available fansubbed torrent and I decided to give it a chanche after reading anidb synopsis. Way better than I expected, it takes some cliche situation such a complex (height, in this case) but it handles it well, the situations though predictable are very funny and the interactions are nicely done.

The only thing that slightly annoyed me is the way the have of talking. Is that a sort of a slang ? It's that fast, unclear kind of talk you usually hear when they show gangs or deliquents in other anime. Just that here it's quite the normal way of speaking. Kudos to Kiss subs since that makes even more difficult to translate.

Koizumi slightly reminded me of Nami (One Piece) as for character design and guess what? Same seiyuu (Okamura Akemi) as well!

Not a masterpiece, not on par with other titles airing at the moment, but if it will keep pace, balance and structure of episode 1 without becoming too intricated, it will be a brilliant comedy piece on this very rich season.
Old 2007-04-20, 13:11   Link #58
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
My growing curiousity for shoujo and romance titles practically forced me to pick this up as soon as I saw the sub was available. It's a cute little series, and quite humorous as well. As Pellissier said, I don't see it being the best anime of the season given everything it's up against, but if the first episode is any indication, I think I'll enjoy it.

I'm also quite fond of the opening and ending songs. Very good. ^_^
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:39   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I never really did get far with the manga, since Never Give Up was IMO loads more interesting (similar concept with less humor, but loads more plot and character development). The anime however has its perks and is amusing to say the least, and I'll be following it since Shoujo adaptations are usually well done.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:58   Link #60
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

ah finally! Loved the first episode and can't wait for more. Thanks a ton for the high quality subs Kiss guys.
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance