AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 22 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 29 26.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 28.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 21.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.73%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-21, 17:55   Link #41
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, it's her. Mika Shimotsuki. She was chosen by Sibyl right after graduating high school apparently. They mentioned she was still a minor.
oh yes she is ... probably right after this story with his girlfriend killed she probably wanted to become an inspector to stop other criminal to avoid what happen if it re-occurs

and yes am glad she is alive Yayoi, but yes episode 12 was only filling unfortunately ... have or could know the past yayoi but ... that's it no more -_-
Old 2013-03-21, 18:21   Link #42
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Welp, in any case, that was rather bittersweet. Akane failed to 'save' Kougami, Kougami's MIA, Makishima's dead, and life goes on, all still under Sibyl's watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I liked the ending. It didn't pull anything flashy out of nowhere or execute any sudden deux ex machina.
I agree with you. There was nothing fancy, over-the-top...it ended just like that. I thought the ending would be much more open, but that scene with Mika Shimotsuki gave the series a cyclic quality, as if everything's going to start over again, and that no matter who opposes the system, they'll eventually be defeated - so Akane's hope sounds somewhat subdued and futile to me.

There isn't really a need for a second season, in my opinion, but I wouldn't mind if there was one.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:21   Link #43
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The lesbian scene felt like an apology for the lack of Kogami in the second half. I mean, where is? What is he going to do?
Old 2013-03-21, 18:25   Link #44
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

It didn't end as radical as I expected, but still, way better than it was turning out to be. It's also rather suitable for a follow-up season. I'd like to see one.

Overall, the series started out great, went that way till mid, then saw ups and downs in succession. It turned out to be much worse than I was led to hope in the first half of the series. But better than what I expected before starting it. Mixed feelings here unfortunately.

As for the episode, it was nice and the latter half of 19th minute sure did soothe my general disappointment.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:27   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The lesbian scene felt like an apology for the lack of Kogami in the second half. I mean, where is? What is he going to do?
He's on a boat, probably far away from Japan already. He's the only character who got a good ending. He accomplished his revenge and found freedom.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:33   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
He's on a boat, probably far away from Japan already. He's the only character who got a good ending. He accomplished his revenge and found freedom.
I got from Akane's narration he first tried paralyzing him but after learning what would happen to him he decided to kill him as an act of mercy. Revenge stopped being a motivation since ep 19.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:42   Link #47
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Yes... Kogami-san BEST CHARACTER !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST!!!! <3 :')
Old 2013-03-21, 18:48   Link #48
Kirarakim

I think I am with the disappointed crowd. After so much build up the ending just felt flat in my opinion and didn't really say much of anything except they can't bring the sybil system down yet. Okay, that's nice.

The idea that there was no deus ex machina's doesn't really say much for the quality of the episode.

I think the only ending I enjoyed was Gino. Sure he is now an enforcer but he seemed to gain some peace and serenity in that role ironically enough. It's like he doesn't have anything to worry about anymore.

I also don't mind Kougami's ending, I just dislike that we got so little of him in the 2nd half.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:51   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I got from Akane's narration he first tried paralyzing him but after learning what would happen to him he decided to kill him as an act of mercy. Revenge stopped being a motivation since ep 19.
Where did you get that from? He was always going for the kill and didn't know what would happen to him if they captured him. He wouldn't have cared either way. Nothing else mattered more to him than seeing Makishima dead. He couldn't bear the thought of a guy like him remaining alive. He would never feel an ounce of pity for a person like him.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:52   Link #50
BoyTitan

A second season would amount to nothing its to late for sybil to be taken out it either wins or die this ep,problem is sybil sparring akane since it survive plotting to kill her once they had a replacement for her would have been good enough,its obvious the guy who made this who everyone praised took on a task to big for him.That ending was bad period. This story should have had more world building instead it turned into a simple tail of maki is evil kill him the good guy must prevail. The fact kogami won further drives home the point that the good guy must win since he got his ass handed by Maki yet magically wins the next fight. He was still blood lusted so the excuse of kogami wanted to kill the first time is not valid. Maki plan would not have created chaos forcing sybil to trade would have led to a new system of government ruling eventually not omg complete total chaos.Maybe even another country would have helped them get shit together. Maki plan was not evil they coulda killed him and used it,like idk someone who knows its evil who had shit end dialogue I am looking at you akane. Full circle ending ugh maybe some one shouldn't create multiple antagonist it really turned into even tho sybil and maki are bad sybil the bigger evil takes a back seat in the plot to kogami getting revenge. Makis last words I liked the joker comparisons but that was just to Joker.Akane going through all that and not even being mad about kogami killing. Talking about justice but not hunting kogami for murder to sentence him.Akane not trying to go behind sybil back and idk talk with it to the enforcers they can read pp but not your mind why was none plotting done against it at all. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHH

The people getting smarter akane have you read 1984 no they wont that's like the proles starting a revolution,or in real life north korea having a revolution as long as they still have the same leader,it will never happen lmfao.

Again its to late for a second season stuff should have been resolved and bought to attention this season some what. Hell kogami dieing as he was about to kill maki because of sybil was there with a director drone would have been better This would shift the focus of sybil into the big bad better setting up for a second season and a excuse for the few people left to pull there head outa there ass and come up with a plan to slowly take out sybil and create a alternative better system of government.

Oh Kanon you already said what I said. Honestly I somewhat a agree and disagree. While making being killed would have been better its still a cop out but a much smaller one.What if idk like I raged before maki was never captured his friend made it and killed wats his name and they exposed sybil. Imagine where the plot could have gone from there. It would take great writing skills to pull it off and develop a interesting plot from there. Hell would have been a great set up for a cliff hanger eventually also.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-03-21 at 19:03.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:55   Link #51
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The people getting smarter akane have you read 1984 no they wont that's like the proles starting a revolution,or in real life north korea having a revolution as long as they still have the same leader,it will never happen lmfao.
1984's ending went for total utter hopeless despair, it was a brilliant ending.

This series I am not really sure what they were going for or trying to say.
Old 2013-03-21, 18:58   Link #52
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't mind Ko's ending.....though the shipper in me is a wee bit disappointed in nothing more with Akane...
Old 2013-03-21, 19:11   Link #53
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Glad I stopped this show when I did. Seems like the ending would have left me feeling a bit trolled.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:21   Link #54
prototype_sky

It feels like this series should have ended back in episode 16 it makes Kogami's actions seem justifiable as well as the system passing judgement and executing people on the spot.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:23   Link #55
HandofFate

Ginoza totally NTR'd Akane there at the end.

Also during the ending credits, I thought it would have been a nice note to show Shion swimming in a pool or hotspring. Or whatever request she asked Akane to put in once she gets higher up during episode 2 lol. Just to put a happier note on things.
Old 2013-03-21, 19:35   Link #56
Diveman

Tsunemori Akane: Best female main character I've seen in the latest years, free, no other girls compares to her.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:03   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Meh, well that was an ending.

The kind of thing that makes this series rather easy to put away and forget about. I was hoping they'd do a bit more with it. In the end feels rather pointless. At least let Makishima destroy the food supply or something to end it on an interesting note .

Oh well, farewell to this series. Could have been more impressive, but I suppose it didn't outright suck either.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:27   Link #58
Algent

Meh for me too, it wasn't bad but being almost back to square 1 is something very frustrating, all that build up was nearly for nothing, what was the point of explaining so much for so long ?
Old 2013-03-21, 20:28   Link #59
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I don't mind Ko's ending.....though the shipper in me is a wee bit disappointed in nothing more with Akane...
She's got Gino now. He's more than likely her partner.
Old 2013-03-21, 20:31   Link #60
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It wasn't too flashy, but I like the fact that Kogami gets the ultimate good end here. He got his revenge and escaped from this shitty society.

Akane, while I like her character sometimes, was just too annoying to me with her "we have to protect the law even though it sucks" nonsense... glad she got knocked out of the conflict.

Also, Ginoza, an enforcer? Seems like he'd be a pretty bad enforcer, lol. Maybe his old man's fighting prowess will influence him to not be such a wimp anymore.
Closed Thread