AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-05-14, 18:01   Link #41
itachi-san314

what I find most interesting is that the infinite tsukiyomi was described on the uchiha stone tablet. which means the s06p knew about it and wanted others to know about it. so it might not be exactly what madara (or we) are expecting
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:04   Link #42
The Green One

What is the Infinite Tsukiyomi? It forces the victims to watch an endless loop of the Naurto anime part 1 fillers.

An endless recursion of time.....
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:27   Link #43
DKN117

So, going over the Trope page for Team 7, I see a few mentions that Sasuke plans to kill Naruto once this whole 10-Tails/Obito/Madara situation is done. When exactly did he say or think this?

Also, here's hoping that Kishimoto goes for Infinite Tsukuyomi how Ken Akamatsu went for the False Eternal Garden (the one that Zazie's sister hit Team Negi with) - a chapter-and-a-half, maybe three chapters at the most, of the Dream World before the heroes somehow manage to break free. Hopefully he won't hit us with, like 10-20 chapters of the IT. ...Yeah, yeah, I know, but I can HOPE, dangit.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 19:31   Link #44
GDB

The whole "kill Naruto" thing I'm pretty sure is just left over from back when he killed Danzou. There's been no indication one way or another if he still feels that way.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 21:10   Link #45
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I feel that Sakura was more significantly useful recently than any of those. Rukia nearly died, and only managed to win via pep talk by big brother. The rest were years ago. And even then, I wouldn't call anything any of them did "significant". Not any moreso than Sakura or Tsunade or the Mizukage whose name I can't remember.
Rukia would have won without his "help" if she wasn't being held back by the need of his approval. She was stronger than her opponent.

I guess we just see it differently then. I just feel Kubo has more female characters that do combat than just flail around by the sidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
I think the word sexism is thrown around to loosely on this forum. I disagree that the Manga is sexist. For there to be sexism, 1 of 2 things needs to be present: discrimination or prejudice. Prejudice is an unjustified or incorrect attitude (usually negative) towards an individual based on a defining characteristic; in this case gender. Discrimination is the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people.

Sakura (plus everyone else) are outclassed by Naruto and Sasuke..How is that sexist? No woman has yet to pass the Army Officer Infantry training …is that sexism? Is it sexism that only 14% of all U.S marines are women…

Portraying most female characters, as weaker than their male counterpart, in a physical combat scenario is not untrue or unfair…Men (on average) are physically stronger than women; that is a fact. If Madara is Osama Bin Laden…then Naruto and Sasuke will be Seal Team 6 (the elites of the elite). Please stop throwing sexism out there, unless you can prove that there is discrimation, prejudice or an unfair stereotype
Please go over what you wrote in the first two paragraphs and tell me you don't see contradiction to your second sentence.

This human body structure bullshit has been thrown around more than enough already. Its fiction. A fantasy world where people can accomplish incredible feats irrespective of their physical strength. So, please come up with a better excuse for the shitty treatment of female characters in this manga next time.

Last edited by Eragon; 2014-05-15 at 00:43.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 21:38   Link #46
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The whole "kill Naruto" thing I'm pretty sure is just left over from back when he killed Danzou. There's been no indication one way or another if he still feels that way.
"Bait the Dog: Thought his Heel-Face Turn marked an actual change in behavior? Nope. He's made it pretty clear he intends to kill Naruto once everything's said and done, and still cares for nothing except his own agenda."

"Jerkass: Post-Face-Heel Turn. Even more so after he finds out the truth about Itachi. Driving it in is the way he abandons Karin and disowns her as useless once she becomes a liability, even though she had just healed him a short while before. Even after his Heel-Face Turn he still doesn't exactly see (or refuses to accept) that his clan was its own worst enemy, and instead is now focusing his hatred on the entire shinobi system. He may not go about it in the pure jerkass Kill 'em All way like before, but he is perfectly willing to be an ass to others around him if they don't go along with his goals. He also intends to kill Naruto, so obviously he hasn't quite gotten over the root of his problems." Underline is mine

"Took a Level in Kindness: Specifically averted, even after his Heel-Face Turn. He still acts like a massive tool to all of his former friends, even though he is now once again their ally. Also, he outright wants to burn down instead of rescue the Bijuu despite Naruto's pleas, and plans to murder the latter after stopping the Ten-Tails."
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 21:39   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
This human body structure bullshit has been thrown around more than enough. Its fiction. A fantasy world where people can accomplish incredible feats irrespective of their physical strength. So, please come up with a better excuse for the shitty treatment of female characters in this manga next time.
I have to agree here when talking about magical ninjas. naruto, sasuke and madara cold all be female characters and the story/believability would be the same
Old 2014-05-15, 00:36   Link #48
Casshern

It's not just that she's unnecessarily weaker, it's also that she's unbearably stupid. Naruto and Sasuke who are the strongest right now are still thinking of tactics to use. Sakura who is the weakest of the main characters has always had only one tactic and that is to faceplant into the opponent. Kishi seriously has some complex about women.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 00:46   Link #49
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
It's not just that she's unnecessarily weaker, it's also that she's unbearably stupid. Naruto and Sasuke who are the strongest right now are still thinking of tactics to use. Sakura who is the weakest of the main characters has always had only one tactic and that is to faceplant into the opponent. Kishi seriously has some complex about women.
Yeah. Her first thought after getting her attack was blocked was that Sasuke-kun still doesn't care and not how Madara blocked her attack.
Old 2014-05-15, 03:07   Link #50
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
What is the Infinite Tsukiyomi? It forces the victims to watch an endless loop of the Naurto anime part 1 fillers.
please no
Old 2014-05-15, 06:07   Link #51
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Please go over what you wrote in the first two paragraphs and tell me you don't see contradiction to your second sentence.

This human body structure bullshit has been thrown around more than enough already. Its fiction. A fantasy world where people can accomplish incredible feats irrespective of their physical strength. So, please come up with a better excuse for the shitty treatment of female characters in this manga next time.
If you see a contradiction in what I wrote please point it out instead of allude to it.

When you said the whole human body theory (substituted for your lack of better words) has been debunked, are you stating a fact or just speculating, if it is a fact then please show your source. Otherwise you might as well just write " Men can give birth to babies irrespective of their physical make up"

There is a reason why the 100m dash record for females is 10.49 and the male record 9.58. Even the guy who comes in last best the 10.49 female record. If you don’t understand simple concepts like the biological make up of the human body; then I am just wasting my time with you.
Old 2014-05-15, 07:29   Link #52
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah a plan to wonder if Sasuke cares or not

He's got the ignore tactic down to an art. Naruto, on the other hand is such an amateur.

edit:

...oh wait, he used it on Hinata....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 08:33   Link #53
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I have to agree here when talking about magical ninjas. naruto, sasuke and madara cold all be female characters and the story/believability would be the same
After much thought I am forced to agree with you guys….The Naruto Manga is sexist… I will go further and say it is also racist. There is a gross under representation of African Americans in Naruto. It’s fiction. A fantasy world where we have a half man half fish”. With the mangaka’s imagination as his limit, he can afford to add a few black people to the Manga.
And what’s up with all the couples in the Manga. Do you notice how there are no same sex couples? All the main characters are good looking and heterosexual. I won’t even get started on the fat characters in the Manga….
Old 2014-05-15, 10:52   Link #54
akumaten

Quote:
And what’s up with all the couples in the Manga. Do you notice how there are no same sex couples? All the main characters are good looking and heterosexual. I won’t even get started on the fat characters in the Manga….
If you count the Naruto x Sasuke "relationship" which at this point is so cringe-worthy and destructive....yeah. The whole "brother" bond thing which most of it was jealousy and rivalry, the whole assisted suicide pact which Naruto would forgo his path to be Hokage. Hell, the whole reason he went after Sasuke is AFTER Sakura said "Get my boyfriend back" (paraphrasing).
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 11:07   Link #55
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
He's got the ignore tactic down to an art. Naruto, on the other hand is such an amateur.

edit:

...oh wait, he used it on Hinata....
Hey now. Didn't he hold her hand? That means his ignore tactic is at the level of Hooked (see: How I Met Your Mother). That's a far higher level than "pretend doesn't exist".

Quote:
will go further and say it is also racist. There is a gross under representation of African Americans in Naruto.
Well, if there's any African Americans then that means there's more than there are Caucasian Americans, since the story isn't set in America and as far as we know there isn't an America.

Quote:
With the mangaka’s imagination as his limit, he can afford to add a few black people to the Manga.
Raikage, Bee, that guy who uses the black lightning, the chick, and the other guy are black. Then a bunch of no-names from their village too.

Quote:
And what’s up with all the couples in the Manga. Do you notice how there are no same sex couples?
I seem to recall a rather large Naruto x Sasuke ship.

Quote:
All the main characters are good looking and heterosexual.
It's a warring period where villages aren't exactly large. They want to propagate their genes to ensure the village lives on. Granted, I know all of that post was tongue in cheek, but still.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 11:08   Link #56
ranchan13

Quote:
After much thought I am forced to agree with you guys….The Naruto Manga is sexist… I will go further and say it is also racist. There is a gross under representation of African Americans in Naruto. It’s fiction. A fantasy world where we have a half man half fish”. With the mangaka’s imagination as his limit, he can afford to add a few black people to the Manga.

I hope you're being sarcastic
Naruto is anything BUT a political statement.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 11:23   Link #57
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post

I hope you're being sarcastic
Naruto is anything BUT a political statement.
I was trying to make a point using sarcasm... People will see what they only allow themselves to see. A completely innocent shonnen manga about Ninjas can become an avenue for people to complain about non-existent (in the manga) discrimination.

Good Chapter overall. With all Madara’s power up, he is going to squash Sasuke and Naruto like bugs. I am cheering for the bad guy to win….

Last edited by Typeblue; 2014-05-15 at 11:46. Reason: word omitted
Typeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 16:03   Link #58
noktown

Quote:
If you see a contradiction in what I wrote please point it out instead of allude to it.

When you said the whole human body theory (substituted for your lack of better words) has been debunked, are you stating a fact or just speculating, if it is a fact then please show your source. Otherwise you might as well just write " Men can give birth to babies irrespective of their physical make up"

There is a reason why the 100m dash record for females is 10.49 and the male record 9.58. Even the guy who comes in last best the 10.49 female record. If you don’t understand simple concepts like the biological make up of the human body; then I am just wasting my time with you.
Agree with you completely,I'm surprised how many people actually think that this manga is sexist,I mean most of the romantic comedies are based around a wimpy guy who has no friends,no special abilities whatsoever,yet gets a 999 harem of girls with supernatural powers,sometimes the character of a male in such stories is so pathetic it makes me feel bad,is that a guy who is by nature should be masculine ?Alpha male ?A leader ?Which women are attracted to ?And the funniest part is that he gets all of the girls by pure luck,a girl falls from the skies,calls the Goddess help line,yada yada yada.

A man should be a man,yet they're more girly than most girls in such shows.

And nobody complains.

I couldn't care less about such characters,I just don't watch these shows,but since this topic was brought up...I had to post.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 17:06   Link #59
itachi-san314

I'd love an explanation as to why sakura couldn't destroy obito's eye that doesn't involve her being a weak-minded girl
Old 2014-05-15, 17:17   Link #60
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

This is very interesting.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion