AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2008-07-21, 21:40   Link #221
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
this may sound stupid, but could anyone explain the meanings of "Deculture"?
Ranges from "Awesome!" to "Impossible!" and at worst case "OH SH*T!".

An example of Meltran Deculture.
Kyaa! Basara!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 21:53   Link #222
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ranges from "Awesome!" to "Impossible!" and at worst case "OH SH*T!".

An example of Meltran Deculture.
Kyaa! Basara!
You know what is funny, just before I clicked on that link, I thought you were going to show him a clip of the Meltran starbase in DYRL getting annihilated by Baldoza's direct hit

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 06:56   Link #223
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
this may sound stupid, but could anyone explain the meanings of "Deculture"?
The equivalent expression is.

Deculture = OMG
Yak Deculture = OMGWTF

glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 22:59   Link #224
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

good to know, now i can use it in conversations with my friends
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:03   Link #225
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

when did the decultre term become what it is in the MS time line? is it just another "new" thing forced upon MF?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:05   Link #226
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
when did the decultre term become what it is in the MS time line? is it just another "new" thing forced upon MF?
. . . . .

You know, I'd enact the facepalm, but that'd be too cruel.

It was used extensively first in Do You Remember Love (1983).

On the other hand, I strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with some Macross back story and previous series.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:11   Link #227
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
. . . . .

It was used extensively first in Do You Remember Love (1983).

On the other hand, I strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with some Macross back story and previous series.

- Tak
I hate DYRL it subverts most of SDF-1 >>
So basically they are using the stylizings and "history" of DYRL more than anything from SDF-1.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:18   Link #228
Tak

Quote:
I hate DYRL it subverts most of SDF-1 >>
Is that like saying I hate Hikaru because he is not wearing my favorite colored pants?

Or, I hate Macross because it does not have gigantic panda fighting robots?

Which by the way, are kind of shallow reasons to hate, are they not?

- Tak

Old 2008-07-22, 23:34   Link #229
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Is that like saying I hate Hikaru because he is not wearing my favorite colored pants?

Or, I hate Macross because it does not have gigantic panda fighting robots?

Which by the way, are kind of shallow reasons to hate, are they not?

- Tak
Funnny guy you are..... your so smart but you miss a huge glaring issue with DYRL..its an adaptation of the story and characters from SDF-1....

DYRL is a short retelling of SDF-1, its like any TV show made into a movie with dropped and remade bits to account for the new style or themes of the day while not to the exstream as most adaptations take its still just that an adaptation of the orignail with extra bits shoehorned in as an after thought, a proper OVA would have been better but tossing SDF-1 into a pot of new stuff mixing it up and calling it DYRL makes for bad suop, tieing it into the main story arch makes for good if not clumsy writing.

I'll give M7 a break because its supposed to be cute and dumb but DYRL and plus reek, MF aint half bad but the mix of so much stuff takes it down a notch, of course if you think abotu MF being based off a MS/SDF-1 adaptation then it brings things into perspective *hides* .
Old 2008-07-22, 23:39   Link #230
Tak

Quote:
Funnny guy you are..... your so smart but you miss a huge glaring issue with DYRL..its an adaptation of the story and characters from SDF-1....
That is a lazy man's convenient way of looking at it, except DYRL was a retelling (not adaption). But also a movie to correct, add and revise what they could not in the TV series. Please note that most of the graphical elements in DYRL are now considered as canon. This includes the Zentradi physical design as well as the inclusion of the Meltlandis as distinct faction including its own host of battleship designs and assorted fleets.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-23, 00:30   Link #231
ZippyDSM

Quote:
That is a lazy man's convenient way of looking at it, except DYRL was a retelling (not adaption). But also a movie to correct, add and revise what they could not in the TV series. Please note that most of the graphical elements in DYRL are now considered as canon. This includes the Zentradi physical design as well as the inclusion of the Meltlandis as distinct faction including its own host of battleship designs and assorted fleets.

- Tak
Not really if you love SDF-1 and simply don't really like the "additions" made to the series over time, of course I can be anal retentive of how fiction flows since I loath Blade and hate the Xmen films, nitpicking is the word I was thinking of ah yes to have my head firmly up my arse nawing on the panties that are in a bunch

If I have any other questions about new things in the MF series I think I could easily write them off as "adaptive additions" and save the forum from my further droolings yyeeessssss...iz a shame I will forgot and bear arse again :P.
Old 2008-07-23, 19:07   Link #232
ellifeedn
Thinker

I decided to see Macross Frontier and saw that Animesuki lists episode 1 and episode 1 (preview version). Is there a difference between the two?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:08   Link #233
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I decided to see Macross Frontier and saw that Animesuki lists episode 1 and episode 1 (preview version). Is there a difference between the two?
In large part in terms of the plot, no. There are a few scenes here and there not available to both DECULTURE and EPISODE 1 though. I recommend just watching both.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-23, 19:19   Link #234
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
In large part in terms of the plot, no. There are a few scenes here and there not available to both DECULTURE and EPISODE 1 though. I recommend just watching both.
Until we can get the DVD 32 min version that has all the scenes, you have to watch both because DECULTURE version is cooler, but the TV broadcast version has some plot scenes that were omitted in the DECULTURE version.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:07   Link #235
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Until we can get the DVD 32 min version that has all the scenes, you have to watch both because DECULTURE version is cooler, but the TV broadcast version has some plot scenes that were omitted in the DECULTURE version.
In 2 days !!!!
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 16:05   Link #236
osdes11

I'm curious, what are the names of all the insert songs in Macross SDF?
osdes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:48   Link #237
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is there a schedule for when each DVD will be released?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 02:20   Link #238
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Is there a schedule for when each DVD will be released?
First volume was just released today and the rest are being released on the 26th of every month starting September.
Old 2008-07-25, 02:48   Link #239
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
First volume was just released today and the rest are being released on the 26th of every month starting September.
Anybody already got the DVD and can tell what extra materials / changes are on them?
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 08:00   Link #240
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Anybody already got the DVD and can tell what extra materials / changes are on them?
my blu-ray should be here in 4hrs

Tags
q&a