Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-10, 15:04   Link #1461
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Maybe we will even get a bonus gaiden in the last volume of the manga. That would be nice.
Personally i don't see why we wouldn't get one. Especially when you keep in mind the track record for bonus material that we've seen.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-03-11 at 17:54.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 20:38   Link #1462
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler for 105:
Old 2010-03-10, 21:09   Link #1463
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I wasn't sure how Arakawa would be able to end the series so soon but after this chapter I think she can definitely end in 3 more chapters which then will coincide with the anime supposedly ending in 63 episodes (which does seem to be the case from what I have read). The nice thing is these last two chapters were longer than usual and I hope Arakawa continues that trend.

Spoiler for Speculation:
I'm trying not to read your spoiler and so quoting is hard...
After double checking myself Manga Ent who're bringing the FMA anime out over here said/confirmed on twitter the anime is 63 episodes (I thought it said 60 so I double checked, lucky I did).
I really don't want this series to end and yet I'm dying to see the end. After chapter 104 I was really annoyed I had to wait another month. Some, no most of the stuff Arakawa draws looks so awesome.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 23:15   Link #1464
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
I'm trying not to read your spoiler and so quoting is hard...
After double checking myself Manga Ent who're bringing the FMA anime out over here said/confirmed on twitter the anime is 63 episodes (I thought it said 60 so I double checked, lucky I did).
I probably shouldn't have put the post under spoiler cut because there aren't really any spoilers just basic speculation of what I think is going to be covered in each chapter. And I mean really basic.
Old 2010-03-11, 01:01   Link #1465
GaimeGuy

King Bradley's badassery has no upper bound. <3
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 05:44   Link #1466
hilalchemist

oh!! That's great to see my photo taking of chapter 105 had posted at here! XD
Thanks for helping me upload, if you want more detail of chapter 105 you can visit my page
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=727035572 I had posted as many as I can ...
((Sorry for the low quality and not scan by scanner
I had not posted all of it ..just hope you all can wait for the official one from the translation group
: ) Thanks to all of you and I'm new to join in this forum~Nice to meet you all!
hilalchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 05:51   Link #1467
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
King Bradley's badassery has no upper bound. <3
Truer words have never been spoken.

Bradley over the last several chapters has surpassed Archer, Guts, and the entire casts of Gurren Lagann and Fist of the North Star to become the most GAR entity in history.

Now let's see... If I'm reading the spoilers correctly...
Spoiler for 105:

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-03-11 at 06:17.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 09:28   Link #1468
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Can we come up with a new term, because Crowning Moment of Awesome just isn't cutting it.
we could call it: King Moment of Badassery
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 13:30   Link #1469
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
we could call it: King Moment of Badassery
And from what I read, the dialogue was just as badass.

Spoiler:

Seriously, King Bradley
Old 2010-03-11, 17:30   Link #1470
Kirarakim

Bradley is definitely the coolest and in my opinion most interesting of all the homunculus. For awhile Greed was my favorite but Bradley has definitely surpassed him.

Spoiler for For Chapter 105:
Old 2010-03-11, 17:54   Link #1471
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's come to that point now, where the name Bradley must be mentioned whenever talking about something extremely badarse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
Seriously, King Bradley
Old 2010-03-12, 03:39   Link #1472
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Papa Beard really stepped up, too.

I just hope Roy would do something soon instead of just being blind....
Old 2010-03-12, 06:35   Link #1473
Bombo
TSF Fans

all hail king bradley

/bow
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 14:01   Link #1474
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Papa Beard really stepped up, too.

I just hope Roy would do something soon instead of just being blind....
Aw, Arakawa-sensei is just saving him for his own Bradley Moment. I'm thinking something along the lines of Father managing to gain the upper hand in battle, stopping long enough to inform everyone of their impending doom, then "snap", "FOOOMP", and Father probably isn't quite killed (that honor is reserved for Hohenheim or one of the brothers), but is certainly reminded that loudly gloating while ignoring the blind firestarter is not a recipe for success. Hawkeye may be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
all hail king bradley

/bow
I just realized that the only thing that could possibly make him more badass would be if he had been voiced by Norio Wakamoto. But that would hardly be fair to all the other badass characters... ^_^
Old 2010-03-12, 18:04   Link #1475
Jarmel

Rage I need translations of this now.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 05:59   Link #1476
GaimeGuy

FYI:
There is a medium to high quality scan of the RAW out now.
There is also a full translation out.

Now, they just have to splice them together and we'll have our scanlation for this 67 page long monster.
Old 2010-03-14, 16:57   Link #1477
xellos2099

Some of the manga ARE late this week for some reason. Normally the chinese scan-trans should be up within a day of the raw release.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 18:23   Link #1478
babohtea

THAT WAS SO COOL. It's up on some sites already.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 18:31   Link #1479
Jarmel

Absolutely epic. This will work out much better animated though. Did anybody notice the "nuclear fusion" line? Is that a translation error or has Hohenheim and Advent stumbled onto how to create a nuclear bomb? I wonder if Advent is going to try that as a final last move if he knows he's going to lose. Advent's reaction to everything this week was great as he just sat in a chair and barely moved half the time. I do love his "WTF Hohenheim" face. I can see him just yelling "Hohenheim" in a similar 'Khan' way.

There was some great foreshadowing coming back. Like why Hohenheim was bloodletting himself in those past chapters. Great setup. No use of any Deus Ex Machina here. She used stuff explained why back like with Barry's body to show how the body and soul are attracted to each other. Brilliant.

One thing that is interesting is that I thought for sure that Hohenheim would sacrifice himself somewhere in this chapter but since he didn't, I wonder if he's going to actually make it out of this.

Also it's interesting in that it seems Ed knew about both Scar's arms and planned a counter-attack around it.

I love the fact that Bradley's fell due to him being distracted by the light from the ending eclipse. However he wins major major points in when he used his teeth. He embodies GAR in its purest form and is easily one of the most badass villains ever. The symbolism of him dying while staring at the sky could be taken to represent how he wanted to be free but did his best with what was given him. Bradley's final words might have been a reference to Lin but also reinforce the absolute coldness of this character(he's in a way an almost perfect example of a Machiavellian personality). Notice how his hair gets longer and seems more wildly as he dies.

Now that Advent has been knocked back down to abnormal levels(as opposed to God levels), the true counterattack begins. 4 of the greatest alchemists vs 2 Homunculi(I'm not exactly sure how to classify Advent). This is going to get fun.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 19:54   Link #1480
Ghostfriendly

Truely an incredible chapter? Can it get any better?

Hurrah for Mei showing her worth, and well done Arakawa for explaining a technical battle so logically and clearly. Eveyone surpassed themselves; Bradley was incredible, and the drawing of his panels top-notch, but I wanted to knock his head on the floor for speaking to Ran Fan so cruelly.

Spoiler for chapter:

Does Winry's line about being drawn into a whirlpool of suffering imply that Father is really just sad and lonely inside, and might get a sympathetic end?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote