AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 19:58   Link #201
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
been thinking about teleport(stupid tvtropes >.<), and it just occurred to me that Awaki's accident was really just ridiculously dumb: all she needed to do was just teleport again like half a meter ahead, and her leg would have been free and without suffering any grievous, mind-crippling injury. Or if she couldn't teleport again for whatever reason, she could have just gotten someone to smash the wall around her leg to free it, instead of trying to get it out by force...
If you teleport yourself into something....yeah I think suddenly being fused to a solid object will damage your body quite seriously...Even if you teleport out again, your body would be pretty mangled..
Old 2010-10-18, 20:00   Link #202
Miraluka
Banned

But not as much as when you pull them by force like Awaki did.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 20:06   Link #203
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
But not as much as when you pull them by force like Awaki did.
Yeah that is a bit...dumb....i like to think that the pain overrode her senses but still the reflex should be to port out somewhere far...

Either way her leg would be bloody meat...
Old 2010-10-18, 20:14   Link #204
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If you teleport yourself into something....yeah I think suddenly being fused to a solid object will damage your body quite seriously...Even if you teleport out again, your body would be pretty mangled..
her leg wasn't fused to the wall, it was stuck. I don't think it would even be possible for it to fuse, since teleport displaces matter to make space for the teleported object. Otherwise, any teleporter would fuse with air and die pretty messy deaths the first time they teleported themselves...

and on that note, shouldn't teleport generate thundering-like noises everytime it's used?(since it would create a vacuum in the place of the teleported object, which would then be filled by the sorrounding air in a rather violent way...)
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 22:08   Link #205
Flere821
Lurker

^ Technically teleporting do make some sound, it was mentioned in the novels a few times. But nothing like a loud thunder though. But hey, I think this might fit under what they call 'Art Major Physics' trope or something.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:29   Link #206
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
her leg wasn't fused to the wall, it was stuck. I don't think it would even be possible for it to fuse, since teleport displaces matter to make space for the teleported object. Otherwise, any teleporter would fuse with air and die pretty messy deaths the first time they teleported themselves...

and on that note, shouldn't teleport generate thundering-like noises everytime it's used?(since it would create a vacuum in the place of the teleported object, which would then be filled by the sorrounding air in a rather violent way...)
If you teleport into something solid then yeah...imagine that wall displacing a path through your bone, tissues etc practically fused I'd say....

air and liquids can flow away from the teleporter.....solids cannot. That's why teleporting solid objects into each other = cutting or embedding
Old 2010-10-19, 05:11   Link #207
giorno

Quote:
If you teleport into something solid then yeah...imagine that wall displacing a path through your bone, tissues etc practically fused I'd say....
Teleport doesn't work like that. As i said, if it were possible for matter to overlap, then every object/person teleported would also fuse with the air, which would lead to messy deaths...

Awaki's teleport should have literally created a hole through the wall around her leg, by displacing it. Of course it would be completely stuck since there would be literally nothing between her skin and the wall

Quote:
air and liquids can flow away from the teleporter.....solids cannot. That's why teleporting solid objects into each other = cutting or embedding
doesn't matter if they can flow or not, matter is displaced to create a vacuum space where the teleported object is moved to. Kuroko even used this "side-effect" to cut concrete pillars with glass windows in railgun
Old 2010-10-19, 11:03   Link #208
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Teleport doesn't work like that. As i said, if it were possible for matter to overlap, then every object/person teleported would also fuse with the air, which would lead to messy deaths...

Awaki's teleport should have literally created a hole through the wall around her leg, by displacing it. Of course it would be completely stuck since there would be literally nothing between her skin and the wall

doesn't matter if they can flow or not, matter is displaced to create a vacuum space where the teleported object is moved to. Kuroko even used this "side-effect" to cut concrete pillars with glass windows in railgun
Yeah and remember what happened to the glass.....it shattered.....from being stuck in several tons of concrete pressing down...
Old 2010-10-19, 22:03   Link #209
giorno

Quote:
Yeah and remember what happened to the glass.....it shattered.....from being stuck in several tons of concrete pressing down...
....yeah, because it's freaking glass stuck between several tons of concrete....it didn't shatter because it fused with it, it shattered because the pillars were heavy
Old 2010-10-19, 22:42   Link #210
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
....yeah, because it's freaking glass stuck between several tons of concrete....it didn't shatter because it fused with it, it shattered because the pillars were heavy
Or rather, if it was fused with it, the glass wouldn't shatter, since the atoms that made up the concrete and glass would be fused together. It would likely be hard enough not to shatter.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 23:13   Link #211
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
No, I mean it would be the same if it were a body part....you still get horribly injured
Old 2010-10-20, 06:25   Link #212
giorno

but her leg was in a different position, it wasn't stuck under two pillars, it was stuck inside a wall. There was no weight put on her leg by the wall, heck, it probably wouldn't even put much pressure on it since the opening would be just big enough to perfectly fit her leg...
Old 2010-10-20, 06:50   Link #213
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I have a question. I know that Mugino's powers are shooting Electrons but what are the many uses of Electrons in real life?
Old 2010-10-20, 13:01   Link #214
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
but her leg was in a different position, it wasn't stuck under two pillars, it was stuck inside a wall. There was no weight put on her leg by the wall, heck, it probably wouldn't even put much pressure on it since the opening would be just big enough to perfectly fit her leg...
The rest of the wall would be applying pressure......stick your leg in soft mud sometime....you can feel the weight of it preventing you from lifting it out....now imagine that were concrete weighing down instead...

Quote:
I have a question. I know that Mugino's powers are shooting Electrons but what are the many uses of Electrons in real life?
Everything to do with electricity....

She doesn't shoot electrons BTW.....more like plasma or anti-matter can't remember which but more likely the former.
Old 2010-10-20, 13:09   Link #215
tsunade666

it can also use as a source of energy and weapon. Well it's a meltdowner just from the name implies.
Old 2010-10-20, 22:15   Link #216
Flere821
Lurker

Mugino shoots beams that's 'somewhere between a particle and a wave', and is in a unstable form. Due the wave attributes Mikoto can manipulate Mugino's beam somewhat, as shown in the manga.

How does that fit in to plasma or whatever, I have no idea ^^;
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 22:29   Link #217
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Mugino shoots beams that's 'somewhere between a particle and a wave', and is in a unstable form. Due the wave attributes Mikoto can manipulate Mugino's beam somewhat, as shown in the manga.

How does that fit in to plasma or whatever, I have no idea ^^;
sounds more like exotic matter then...
Old 2010-10-20, 23:27   Link #218
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I see.... but in the real world, what do we humans use Electrons for?
Old 2010-10-21, 01:43   Link #219
tsunade666

plasma application.

To many use
beam or laser, cutter, electricity, source of energy. In daily lives you should be using appliances. Same as using electrons.
Old 2010-10-21, 03:51   Link #220
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I see.... but in the real world, what do we humans use Electrons for?
You know that thing called electricity that makes modern life possible? Well, it's nothing more than a flow of electrons. No more explanation should be required.
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science