AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 15 (TRUE ROUTE - END) Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 20.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 18.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-30, 15:17   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Ore no Imouto - Episode 15 (TRUE ROUTE - END) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto, Episode 15 (TRUE ROUTE - END).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-30, 15:21   Link #2
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

This is the last episode of the alternative ending (aka TRUE ROUTE) of Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. It will be webcasted starting from 12:00 AM Japanese time. Which means approx. 6 hours 40 minutes from the time of this post.

An overall impression thread about the alternative route (episodes 1-11 + 12 True Route + 13-14-15) will be created more or less in a week.
Old 2011-05-30, 20:37   Link #3
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Well...so pretty much it's 12pm Japanese time. 1-2 hrs from this post.

So this is it. The last episode. I'll probably take a peek at the stream

EDIT: 25 mins to go as of the edit.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~

Last edited by eplipswich; 2011-05-30 at 21:25.
Old 2011-05-30, 22:27   Link #4
Sumeragi
Banned

*Licks lips*

I can't wait to see that scene of Ruri Love!
Old 2011-05-30, 22:29   Link #5
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Just finished watching the episode, and I can say, all ends well

Spoiler for ep 15:

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2011-05-31, 00:39   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
I don't know why... its pretty obvious in terms of the story evolution that the event has to happen.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-05-31 at 14:54. Reason: quote deleted
Old 2011-05-31, 00:42   Link #7
Maugomale

Talk about a great way to wrap things up. Seeing Kirino again, a huge grin was plastered on my face for the remainder of the episode. The emotional scene between her and Kyousuke was pretty strong too.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-05-31 at 14:55. Reason: needless calling
Old 2011-05-31, 01:00   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Mm... It didn't work for me. I don't know, just didn't feel anything from the episode, assuming it was supposed to be a good story.
Mainly because the climax kind of felt... rushed? Kyousuke feels lonely so he goes and drags his sister back from America. That's it. Not that exciting. Doesn't help that what fuels this last development is that punching bag's terrible obsession with his sister.
And then, at the end, there was a mysterious jump by the girls. "Yay!"...?

Overall, it was okay, but the stuff that focused on Kirino kind of felt lacking. Opinion of the general show didn't change, so no need for the next final impressions thread for me...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-05-31, 01:04   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seemed pretty underwhelming as an ending. Its an obvious milestone point to finish the season on... but hopefully it'll draw a green light for a second season.
Old 2011-05-31, 01:11   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know why... its pretty obvious in terms of the story evolution that the event has to happen.
I have to admit that, even before having the ending spoiled for me, it seems rather clear to me that it could go no other way. Even if you disregard the rule about parallelism (whatever happens in the last episode always ties back to the first episode), there were innumerable hints that things weren't right and that there was a serious hole left by Kirino's absence. The goal of this "chapter" of the story was for the rest of the cast to be forced to admit it in their own way, and that makes a lot of sense in terms of character development (even and especially if you consider Kirino this story's "unmovable wall"). It's also logical that people might consider this ending to be a bit underwhelming because it doesn't really solve anything other than getting everyone to admit what they had already admitted to themselves. It's sort of like "Status Quo 2.0", but the developments that did happen make where we go from here more important. I have a hard time imagining this show not getting a greenlight for a sequel given the sales, but I guess only time will tell.
Old 2011-05-31, 10:39   Link #11
Maugomale

Something I noticed, was it thanks to Kyousuke coming for her that Kirino found the resolve to beat Ria in the end?
Old 2011-05-31, 10:57   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
....Its an obvious milestone point to finish the season on... but hopefully it'll draw a green light for a second season.
Agreed! I would definitely like to see more seasons of this work!
Old 2011-05-31, 11:38   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

After thinking about the episode some overnight, I think it actually does deflate some of the criticisms about Kirino a little bit by making her a bit more human. This is pretty typical for over-achievers -- they tend to get "promoted" above their own ability, and have to sort of "learn to fail" -- something they may never have had to come to terms with previously. I remember my own father telling me how he cruised through High School and even skipped a grade, then got advanced placement in University and almost completely bombed his first year. I felt this was pretty similar, and is a pretty important bit of character development for her. They already explained that Kirino was a hard worker... but I'm not sure that she would ever have called that "hard work"; she did what she needed to do (and often wanted to do) and success seemed to follow her. But she's actually just a small fish in a big pond; no matter how talented she may be, there are always people that much more talented than she is. So this episode's development were mostly about tempering Kirino's otherwise almost-excessive pride with humility.

It's funny because Kyousuke is so used to swallowing his pride, so when Kirino was going on about "I can't just walk away" (due mostly to not wanting to take the pride hit), that's something he really couldn't understand directly (he does practically nothing but take pride hits over the course of the show) -- he can only win Kirino over using an emotional appeal. On the other hand, Kuroneko understands pride and this situation perfectly (given her own personality, what she said about Kirino last episode, and the response to her own "failure" of a game), so the way she treated Kirino here was perfect -- she acknowledged the failure, but still gave Kirino an opportunity to regain a bit of her pride by focusing on the victory she did achieve. In other words, while Kyousuke's appeal was sort of like "your failures don't matter because I need you" (which, granted, is very flattering, though was pretty darn embarrassing for him! "Without you, I might die!" ), Kuroneko's appeal was more "yes, you failed, but you're not a failure", and shows they have a much better understanding of each other as equals. To Kirino, though, I imagine that both responses were equally important.

So despite the (rather tongue-in-cheek?) suggestions of some people above, I don't expect quite the same amount of vitriol we've seen in the past against Kirino's character (though that doesn't mean people will like the plot developments). Though Kirino is still Kirino (with all that entails), this episode mostly focuses on Kirino's many weaknesses, and how people like Kyousuke and Kuroneko have come to value her despite her flaws. If we started the show with a Kirino who was barely understandable, then the whole show is going through a process of gradually revealing and refining who Kirino is and what she's becoming. Where before we could only see the sort of blunt outline, now we're able to see a lot more detail and nuance -- not necessarily enough to make everyone like her, but enough to help people understand where she's coming from a little bit. Sort of like they're gradually chiseling away at a block of clay to eventually create a sculpture.

There's probably a whole separate conversation that could be had about the way they're developing Kuroneko and Kyousuke's "relationship" here. Mostly, it seemed to me that Kyousuke was being even more dense then ever. The insinuation of his first action was, apparently, that he was trying to give Kuroneko some space so that she can spend time with her new friend, but he sure was being hard to read and awkward. It came across rather cold, and it was only after that it made some sense (Did he have to be so cold about it? Are we supposed to interpret that as tension between them, or...?). But then to later call her to deal with his mini-meltdown... it's a really good thing that Kuroneko took the lead and set the record straight about her feelings -- that she was happy for the time she spent with him. Not to mention the "curse" (and the furious blush that followed ). It's good that at least she is (mostly) able to keep things together and give him the push he needed to do what he needed to do... but the whole time I was basically scratching my head at Kyousuke wondering he really had any clue what he was trying to do here. Maybe with this chapter closed, he'll be able to be a bit more deliberate in his actions involving her.
Old 2011-05-31, 12:44   Link #14
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Something I noticed, was it thanks to Kyousuke coming for her that Kirino found the resolve to beat Ria in the end?
This is up for speculation, but the answer is revealed in volume 6. You can ask at LN thread if you want.

And actually, Kirino's "I can't just walk away" is not just from pride, but responsibility. She feels responsible to those whom she had 'beaten' in order to reach here. If she gives up, she won't be able to to face those who weren't able to make it here.

I don't know if this line was in the anime or not, but her exact words were:
Spoiler for quoted from LN as comparison?:

I'll reserve other comments/comparisons with source material until I actually have time to watch it.
Old 2011-05-31, 13:05   Link #15
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
This is up for speculation, but the answer is revealed in volume 6. You can ask at LN thread if you want.
Yes yes, but the thing is I thought Kirino might have beaten her when she first arrived in America, before her health deteriorated. I even read your translation of chapter 4 of volume 5, but I guess my interpretation skills are lacking. I didn't get the hint when Kuroneko asked Kirino "when" she had beaten Ria, and failed to picture Kirino's newfound determination after Kyousuke's confession.
Old 2011-05-31, 13:15   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
And actually, Kirino's "I can't just walk away" is not just from pride, but responsibility. She feels responsible to those whom she had 'beaten' in order to reach here. If she gives up, she won't be able to to face those who weren't able to make it here.
I know she said that, but I don't totally buy into that sense of responsibility; I think it's a bit of a bluff/excuse. I think that's what she's telling herself, perhaps, but the truth is that she first doesn't want to admit to herself that she failed. Once she crosses over that hump, the rest isn't so hard. She did need to at least salvage it so that she can say that she gave it her all and tried her best; then she could face people (like Kuroneko) with dignity. So basically, I think she convinced herself that responsibility was the main issue, but it was ultimately pride first. Once Kyousuke broke down the pride barrier, she knew what she needed to do (or maybe he only helped her admit to herself what she had already figured out but couldn't bring herself to do).

To be honest, I think this sort of "responsibility to those you beat" on its own is a bit misplaced (and, on its own, a bit prideful too); as she rightfully determined, what matters isn't whether you win, it's whether you gave it your all.
Old 2011-05-31, 16:22   Link #17
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But then to later call her to deal with his mini-meltdown... it's a really good thing that Kuroneko took the lead and set the record straight about her feelings -- that she was happy for the time she spent with him. Not to mention the "curse" (and the furious blush that followed ). It's good that at least she is (mostly) able to keep things together and give him the push he needed to do what he needed to do... but the whole time I was basically scratching my head at Kyousuke wondering he really had any clue what he was trying to do here. Maybe with this chapter closed, he'll be able to be a bit more deliberate in his actions involving her.
Actually, Kuroneko was the one who called him out (the first email Kyousuke received was from her, asking him to wait for her behind the school at half-past three.

And the way they animated it...seems to confirm what I think Kuroneko's intention for calling him out there was...(or, at least, makes it a possibility).

Other than that...

I guess...I'm a bit more ok with Kirino now too. Though possibly not just due to seeing her fail in this episode. And I'm fairly certain this will get a second season sometime soon. It's done far too well not to.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-31, 17:29   Link #18
Kyuu
=^^=

Damn you Raws... I'll watch it anyways. XD
Old 2011-05-31, 17:34   Link #19
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Damn you Raws... I'll watch it anyways. XD

Exactly what I did!
Old 2011-05-31, 18:01   Link #20
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

The Kyousuke-Kuroneko scene easily steals the episode. From the anime alone it's hard to tell whether Kirino is coming back permanently, but it seems like a natural conclusion based on the ending of the regular season.
Closed Thread