AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-06, 12:23   Link #61
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
David mentioned he heard about Diva in Joel's Journal. First of all, who is Joel? I don't remember if that was ever explained. Secondly, what is Diva? Some all powerful chiropitean?
People who've read the novels probably have the exact answers to both questions. I'm on episode 12 of the anime and have seen the movie (which I don't recall offering anything useful, either): it hasn't been explained who or what Joel is. You haven't missed anything there.

As for Diva, it hasn't been explained exactly what Diva is, either. Episode 12 sheds a bit more light on what Diva may be.
Spoiler for speculations from up through episode 12:

Those are just guesses, though. I haven't read any of the Blood literature.
Old 2006-01-06, 12:31   Link #62
wingsky

I've only been watching the series so far, and at the moment the identity of Diva hasn't been revealed, but I think we'll find out in the next episode or the one after...
wingsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 11:12   Link #63
kari-no-sugata

Ep 13 - nice

More blood and gore this week. But not quite what I was expecting (and generally in a good way).

Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 15:24   Link #64
Bendis

Lightbulb

A little late for this forum thought. This anime is great!!!.
Iīm just in episode 11 and I saw the movie a couple of times . About that last, I mean "Blood: The last vampire ", I think it isnīt absolutely necesary to see it before the anime. It helps to understand how is Sayaīs personality before her memory loss. But it isnīt clarify something else.

I donīt remember in which part of the forum somebody talked about the posibility of Saya been a vampire. I think she definitely is a vampire, that explains why Kai accompanies her to the doctor so constantly for blood-transfusion and why whenever she goes insane awakes a fascination for blood. Or maybe I just donīt get it, haha
Bendis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 12:22   Link #65
Macnown

Does anyone know where i can find Blood: The Last Vampire???
Macnown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 13:45   Link #66
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnown
Does anyone know where i can find Blood: The Last Vampire???
It's available on DVD. If you're looking for a cheap place to get it, BestPrices is a good way to go. I've bought many anime DVDs through them in the past; unless they changed something recently, they're trustworthy and excellent about pricing. They say Blood retail is $24, but through them it's $17 (rounded up). Add shipping, but it's still cheaper than if you bought it in-store (and suffered taxes - unless you don't pay taxes).
Old 2006-01-08, 21:52   Link #67
Alchemistrepair

wow... just to think that blood, plot and a dark story would make a good anime... I'm buying this one when it comes out. DECISION MADE!!!
Alchemistrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 03:48   Link #68
IMSabbel

Episode 13:

For some reason, i found the shot where saya stops so suddenly that the drops of sweat continue to fly forward very unique and cool....
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 08:01   Link #69
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
Episode 13:

For some reason, i found the shot where saya stops so suddenly that the drops of sweat continue to fly forward very unique and cool....
I vaguely remember seeing something similar before... but I still think it's cool. "Nice touch" kinda thing.
Old 2006-01-10, 09:10   Link #70
ShellyKukai

Does anyone think david will tell Kai all about Saya?
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 10:53   Link #71
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
Does anyone think david will tell Kai all about Saya?
I expect Kai (and to a more limited extent) Riku to join Red Shield. Though maybe more as support roles. I'm sure David appreciates the moderating influence they have on Saya. If Kai and Riku do officially become part of Red Shield, I see no reason why David should explain things somewhat, though I'd be surprised if he explained everything he knows - but maybe we'll get a short version.

Even if David "tells all", I don't think he knows everything. I'm sure Hagi knows quite a bit more, but he's not saying much.
Old 2006-01-10, 16:12   Link #72
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I'm wondering whether or not to follow this series. Might those of you who've been watching it so far tell me what you like and what you don't like about it? It looks interesting, but I'm also afraid it's just a generic bloody action show.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 18:37   Link #73
BettiePage

hardly generic

the show is full of mystery. depending on how much of a fan you are of blood the last vampire or if you know the novels/games or like vampire myths in general, this would be a good show.

yes it is bloody but given what the movie was about... its to be expected.

giving saya a "family" and haji and a custom sword... there are some differences but still well within the frame work of the movie. i've only seen the movie and coming to this series was interesting. the new info is welcomed. if you can get past the blood and into the story of saya then you may like it. however if bloody shows arent for you then you should skip this.
BettiePage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 20:21   Link #74
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Love it

I love the series the animation is beautiful and the story unfolds so smoothly i find my self getting all worked up over it i have seen Blood the last vampire and you do not have to see it to enjoy Blood+ i think that the story is very well written allow it to unfold yet keeping the mystery alive. Its most def on my fav list for current anime
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 23:16   Link #75
yeba

I seems like the chevaliers are of different types.I just finished watching all 13 episodes and when Saya bit Haji, he did not crystalize. When saya cut Karl, he crystalized. That means Karl is of chiroptera origin whereas Haji is different. What is Haji then?
yeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 23:30   Link #76
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Biting Haji doesn't mean her blood gets in his system, so no crystallization. Nevertheless, where chevaliers are concerned Karl is in a different league than Haji, Karl is alot more powerful and seems to have more abilities.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Trax; 2006-01-10 at 23:41.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-10, 23:38   Link #77
ShellyKukai

Karl has probably been around longer than Haji.
Both are chevaliers though. Karl says this a few times.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:46   Link #78
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
Well new OP/ED starts this Saturday. So looking forward to that. Got the singles on order the one I want though is the Hans Zimmer OST. Anyone got wind of when it will be released? >_>

=gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-11, 21:51   Link #79
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

dunno when it will be released...but all I have to say is I loved the OP/ED right now. Its one of the better ones by far! Hope they keep it up.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 23:40   Link #80
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Man oh man, how are they gonna stretch this to 52 episodes, it's so got that 26 episode feel to it...if you know what I mean?
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural