AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 20:10   Link #21
Chase

More regarding the Binary Domain demo, from a technical standpoint, their was some noticable framerate drop in stage 2 and it happened when the action was very chaotic from a fire fight standpoint. Nothing deal breaking tho. Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this). I went melee finish off one of the red robots and the robot grabs my leg.lol. The guns are nice also, particularly the sniper rifle and the shotgun. The weapons are upgradeable too. Again i enjoyed the demo.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 20:48   Link #22
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

When I first saw this. I was like what? A dating sim/relation with teammates, the better the relation you have with your team the more effective they are.

Well as Iam thinking now after testing the demo what other features will this game have? Iam very interested, but not to the point buying this first hand yet.
Old 2012-02-02, 09:29   Link #23
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
More regarding the Binary Domain demo, from a technical standpoint, their was some noticable framerate drop in stage 2 and it happened when the action was very chaotic from a fire fight standpoint. Nothing deal breaking tho. Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this). I went melee finish off one of the red robots and the robot grabs my leg.lol. The guns are nice also, particularly the sniper rifle and the shotgun. The weapons are upgradeable too. Again i enjoyed the demo.
I heard about this. Since i have both consoles I think I wait and see which one has a better frame-rate. Apparently the frame-rate in the 360 demo is much more stable than on the ps3, shame really since this team made how many ps3 exclusives now? 4 i think.
Don't know if anyone is interested but here, comparison between 360 & ps3 demo, if you are like me still deciding which version to get this could probably help you.

Last edited by Sides; 2012-02-03 at 10:22.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 14:24   Link #24
Sides

Binary Domain demo is up on PSN and 360 live for the other regions. Give it a shot, it is not bad.
Old 2012-02-15, 16:15   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
More news on the DLC.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 00:26   Link #26
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Playing this with a headset just made me hate my voice and pronunciation skills all over again. What makes me mad is when I don't even say anything it chooses a command for me..
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 00:42   Link #27
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Ok why the hell are the Yakuza cast are there? Is it to make the new Yakuza shooters game sell? Well of course!
Old 2012-02-16, 00:53   Link #28
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ok why the hell are the Yakuza cast are there? Is it to make the new Yakuza shooters game sell? Well of course!
Of course not. It's mere fan service and to simply include them in the multiplayer part of the game. Plus why wouldn't the Ryu ga gotoku team pay tribute to the characters from their successful franchise in the game in some form?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 05:24   Link #29
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Tried the demo today. I don't know why but I just loved the camera position and solid character movement. I really liked how different teammate suggestions are given throughout the first mission, depending on what characters you picked up.

Framrate dropping was noticeable during the second mission, but it was expectable. There was a massive clash out with the robots coming on both sides. It was a bit hard too, trying to pick different cover only to see that there are some enemies from other side too.

I'm liking the idea of pursing relationship with your team. Faye pretty much caught my eye.

Fun game overall.
Old 2012-02-17, 15:05   Link #30
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Put in some stick time on the demo; found the mechanics are certainly sound, and I might pick it up at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this).
Interesting tidbit: relieve a robot of its head and watch what ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ok why the hell are the Yakuza cast are there? Is it to make the new Yakuza shooters game sell? Well of course! :heh:
On that note I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Valkyria Chronicles cast show up here either.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:51   Link #31
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Short overview of the main characters.

Game's wiki.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 14:25   Link #32
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Man, GameTrailers acted like a troll with their review. They were even complaining how the cutscenes were long. Don't they know that cutscene is there to explain the story? If they weren't there, GT would just say that the game lacks substance in a story, hence giving another minus. And they were complaining how they had problems with the bosses too. Professional players my ass...
Old 2012-03-11, 19:01   Link #33
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
The adversarial multiplayer modes are an interesting beast in that they blend rank progression ala CoD and Battlefield-style loadouts (each with a distinct primary weapon and set of nanites), then cherry with being able to purchase gear before each round and respawn in the vein of Counter-Strike.

Here's some team deathmatch footage with commentary:

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 16:31   Link #34
Sides

Good news game will be released for PC this april, next month ^^
Source: sega blog

You can already pre-purchase it on steam. 6 April is listed on steam as release date, but kind of expensive £29.99

Last edited by Sides; 2012-03-19 at 17:24.
Old 2012-03-19, 22:59   Link #35
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Nice a PC release!

Also speaking of Yakuza again Yakuza Lost Souls. I knew BD will promote a Yakuza shooter game.
Old 2012-03-22, 07:32   Link #36
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I think i want to try this game...i read a detailed review..and seems to be good...

The campaign in single player seems to be long...

The graphics are a little see-saw..at times is very accurate,at times a little less..but bosses are done really well ...and the gameplay is good as well...

Interesting...i think that i try it.
Old 2012-03-22, 08:09   Link #37
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I'll definitely be getting this sometime this week after seeing Giant Bomb's quick look video of it. The gameplay itself is irrelevant - the fact that the game apparently recognizes curse words as part of its voice command system, and the very existence of Big Bo, are more than enough to convince me.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 09:21   Link #38
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'll definitely be getting this sometime this week after seeing Giant Bomb's quick look video of it. The gameplay itself is irrelevant - the fact that the game apparently recognizes curse words as part of its voice command system, and the very existence of Big Bo, are more than enough to convince me.
I agree..i'm interested in the Voice command as well..and the I.A.seems to be good..

To think that you can talk to your team....and can you said to they f***...or something like this..
Old 2012-03-22, 13:54   Link #39
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I agree..i'm interested in the Voice command as well..and the I.A.seems to be good..

To think that you can talk to your team....and can you said to they f***...or something like this..
Haha, I sure hope the A.I. is good, or I may end up using the voice command to cuss out my team even more than I already intend to. Sure wish Gears of War 3 had that function for when the A.I. stood right in front of me doing nothing while I bled out for the nth time... some of the things I said to that game would have made Marcus Fenix blush IRL.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 17:34   Link #40
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Haha, I sure hope the A.I. is good, or I may end up using the voice command to cuss out my team even more than I already intend to. Sure wish Gears of War 3 had that function for when the A.I. stood right in front of me doing nothing while I bled out for the nth time... some of the things I said to that game would have made Marcus Fenix blush IRL.

Yes..the I.A. is good..really good...in the review is mentioned that is good..for example..if you hit a robot in the leg,and breaks,he will crawl towards you by shooting, and if you hit him in the arm..if the arm is destroyed,he will take the gun with the other hand..so the I.A. is good and the enemy are intelligent..

The boss are all amazing..this is what is said in the review.

Tags
360, binary domain, pc/windows, ps3