AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 15:44   Link #941
Xion Valkyrie

Sell it in a month for mucho more gold. I did the jumping puzzle at like 2AM PST and I was the only one there.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 16:24   Link #942
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

do we have animesuki guild?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 20:54   Link #943
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Many people on here have reported that they are playing on Sea of Sorrows. But no reports of an official animesuki guild has been said.

Otherwise, Mad King was fun. Except I didn't like falling off the platforms constantly!

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2012-10-28, 23:05   Link #944
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

The economically sound thing is to definitely wait a little while before auctioning any skins you may have/not want. The prices are sure to climb steeply the further from Halloween we get.

Also, 2 AM PST...on my server I'm still loading into LA overflow.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:17   Link #945
Simonsy

Yea gotta hate the Fear when fighting Mad King.

he was rediculously easy though. I had more trouble fighting the plastic spiders there than him.

But had to just make sure that my back was always to an open area or a fence. Or else you go falling to your death. Didn't get any good drops the two times I did it, but fun non the less.

Only thing left to do this event is [attend the party]

i guess i am only 7/12 of the costume brawler thing, that seems like a crap load to do. Or actually i'm 6/12, but at 28/30 for that 6. Scared to see what 12/12 requires. Seems like a lot of pointless brawling to get that. I don't think that is Halloween based though, so I can get it later.

And yea probably going to save this until a few months or so. Heck maybe I'll even decide I'll want it at some point. As of now I have no lvl 80 that uses greatsword anyway, so don't know what all skins are for it. Maybe I'll end up wanting to use it. But if not, I'm sure it will tripple in price in the further months from halloween we go. Besides my Warrior is based after Erza Scarlet. I don't really ever see her using a sword like that.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:24   Link #946
FateAnomaly

First time doing it and got the arachnaohobia shortbow. Fun battle even though we did it with only 4 people.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:57   Link #947
Xion Valkyrie

November 15th has been announced as the date for the next content update, with events leading up to the release date.
Old 2012-10-30, 00:30   Link #948
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
First time doing it and got the arachnaohobia shortbow. Fun battle even though we did it with only 4 people.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) i've done over 30 runs and have never gotten a halloween exotic or skin
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 02:08   Link #949
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) i've done over 30 runs and have never gotten a halloween exotic or skin
Pure luck it seems. I have a friend who used to work on this game before he got hired to work on Halo 4, and he still has some friends at Areanet.

They told him that for instance opening a chest you have a 1/50 chance of getting a halloween item. Then there are 16 halloween armor and weapon skins available. So take that into consideration when wondering how your odds are at getting something. I assume the mad king event is the same odds wise. MAYBE the first time you have better odds, like most games do regarding loot, but not sure.

Cause I've heard people complain they have opened like 70 boxes, and gotten nothing. Of course anyones claim of X amount is usually exagerated by a small amount. prolly closer to 60, but either way. Then there are other like me and the person above whoe just got lucky out their ass and not only got a halloween on their first try, but also a neat one.

I have been sucking on the halloween black chests or whatever their called. YOu know teh 6 mystery tonics, 2 boost and some candy. Have gotten shit out the like 10 or so i did. Wasted all my boosts i slowly built up over time.
Old 2012-10-30, 07:14   Link #950
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I've heard that as of November 1st. Server transfers will have a cooldown of 1 week. Which is amazing to prevent spies for matchups.
Old 2012-10-30, 08:48   Link #951
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I've heard that as of November 1st. Server transfers will have a cooldown of 1 week. Which is amazing to prevent spies for matchups.
Well I still think SoS is still going to have the fill of their fun. 24/7 server defence baby!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:48   Link #952
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm on Sanctum of Rall. I almost feel bad for the other servers we go up against. Most of the week we've got anywhere from 600-680 points in WvW. This week we're up against Tarnished Coast and Eredon Terrace and it's not even a contest.

At some point I set up a ballista outside of Tarnished Coast's spawn and camped for an hour with 5 teammates, it took a zerg of 25 of them to finally kill us, and I got 80+ badges in the interim.

Funniest part of all this is that I'm terrible at PvP.

Personally I said screw the Halloween crap. I bought the 2 gem costume sets and that's it. I didn't want to waste hours redoing crap just for Halloween items, even if there's potential profit involved, when I could be doing fun things like levelling up and picking off bots in WvW. Bots = free badges.

Oh, but I do like the Costume Brawl. I must have spent 2 straight hours at some point doing it. It's really fun for no reason I can name.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:39   Link #953
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I'm on Sanctum of Rall. I almost feel bad for the other servers we go up against. Most of the week we've got anywhere from 600-680 points in WvW. This week we're up against Tarnished Coast and Eredon Terrace and it's not even a contest.

At some point I set up a ballista outside of Tarnished Coast's spawn and camped for an hour with 5 teammates, it took a zerg of 25 of them to finally kill us, and I got 80+ badges in the interim.

Funniest part of all this is that I'm terrible at PvP.

Personally I said screw the Halloween crap. I bought the 2 gem costume sets and that's it. I didn't want to waste hours redoing crap just for Halloween items, even if there's potential profit involved, when I could be doing fun things like levelling up and picking off bots in WvW. Bots = free badges.

Oh, but I do like the Costume Brawl. I must have spent 2 straight hours at some point doing it. It's really fun for no reason I can name.
The halloween was super easy to accomplish. you could easily do most of them in an hour.

The longest ones are carving pumpkins, and beating up halloween creatures. But just doing normal guild wars 2 stuff you just carve a pumpkin when you see one and kill a creature when you see it. Before you know it your done.

I don't know if there is any worth in doing them though. You don't really get anythign special, just a couple titles. But I don't plan on using the titles.
Old 2012-10-31, 19:35   Link #954
Xion Valkyrie

Some new pics now that I can afford some more expensive stuff:

And my level 30 thief:

Old 2012-11-01, 11:28   Link #955
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

No sillier coordination when you cast Sanctuary to get people into a heavily defended main room and everybody runs instead of charging in.

120s recharge time. Stupid spell.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 16:53   Link #956
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Someone else's toon:

Images
Gigantic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 18:28   Link #957
Xion Valkyrie

Oh wow, that's a pretty good Saber.
Old 2012-11-01, 21:52   Link #958
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That's a great Saber character Also, leading Maguuma forces without commander tag. Just chilling and such, but I feel out of it without knowing what to do. The stress of being a leader.

Also, they removed orbs in this patch. Reason? Because people are hacking them.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-11-01 at 22:17.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 19:55   Link #959
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I don't care about this game but it can't stop listening to this song.

Old 2012-11-03, 01:14   Link #960
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The music in GW2 is quite fascinating. Also, to note that dungeon runs (depending on your group) gave me a quick gold in about 30 mins. Ran a group through CoF routes 1, and 2. Sold all the blues/greens, and the daily bonuses were magnificent. Especially those exotics waiting for me!

Give me that Citadel of Flame DPS gear with a greatsword and rifle!