AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 19:11   Link #2241
Who

Wow, Terran are taking a huge nerf bat to the face.

Quote:
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 15 (version 0.17.0.15623)

The latest patch notes can always be found at
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...49316&sid=5000

General

•Improved the system that handles initial placement and promotion/relegation between Leagues & Ladders.

Balance Changes

•TERRAN

•Hellion

•Weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 1(+1 Light) to 1.

•Reaper

•Nitro Packs research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.

•Siege Tank

•Siege Mode damage decreased from 60 to 50.

•Thor

•Anti-air weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 1(+1 Light) to 1.

•ZERG

•Brood Lord

•Weapon upgrade bonus decreased from 3 to 2.

Bug Fixes

•Resolved an issue with publishing maps in non-English locales.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 22:30   Link #2242
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Just your usual attempt to weaken Terran Synergy. Without dark swarm, Terran Ball is more deadly than usual.
Old 2010-06-03, 22:34   Link #2243
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Decent changes overall.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 22:36   Link #2244
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Its not that bad. And the Nitro Pack upgrade change is a buff.
Old 2010-06-03, 22:39   Link #2245
Who

Oh I never said it was bad. It was just surprising but I guess I should've seen it coming.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 23:45   Link #2246
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
They should change the "auto-aim" of the tank.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 09:31   Link #2247
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Looks fairly reasonable changes for terran considering the state of the affected units in play recently ( Thor is a frigging AA monster )
Old 2010-06-05, 19:44   Link #2248
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
HuskyStarcraft puts it best.

C'mon Blizzard, don't start dropping the ball now. There's still time to pick yourself back up before it's too late.
I blame Activision, they are the ones that started the whole idea to drop lan :P
IMO, SC2 and D3 will tank if they continue to temper with Blizzard with these shit.
Actvision just a bunch of greedy dumbasses that want to pass as much cost and expenses to the players as they can. Chatting cost money so they cut chats, proper game hosting so they make it so that you can only join games like a shooter. What's next? fixing the game cost money so they make us pay to DL patches?!?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 11:20   Link #2249
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I blame Activision, they are the ones that started the whole idea to drop lan :P
IMO, SC2 and D3 will tank if they continue to temper with Blizzard with these shit.
Actvision just a bunch of greedy dumbasses that want to pass as much cost and expenses to the players as they can. Chatting cost money so they cut chats, proper game hosting so they make it so that you can only join games like a shooter. What's next? fixing the game cost money so they make us pay to DL patches?!?
This is their way of reacting to the environment where gamehackers are rife. Obviously they couldn't outwit the hackers (some of them have been hacking for longer than most of the programmers in the game companies!), so they just "blame the gamers" for making them lose stock price.

Kotick may be bringing the company further away from bankruptcy, but for how long? He just appease the shareholders by controlling game titles, soon another game company will come up and eat up Activision.

He needs to learn how the market runs. At least Steam adapted with digital downloads to preserve their dedicated servers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 22:04   Link #2250
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Beta is going on hiatus tomorrow; enjoy it when you still can!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 23:12   Link #2251
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm hoping that signals the start of the Warcraft's Cataclysm Beta.
Old 2010-06-07, 11:22   Link #2252
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The point is that all the new measures taken in SC2 recently are just to combat piracy. But they don't understand that all security codes can be cracked. They are going to see their "no Lan unless you are on internet" feature completely redone by hackers.

All that they are accomplishing by stepping up security in the game is to aggravate their fan base and drive away sales of the product. All for nothing since cracks for all the security will come out sooner than later.

Also having to pay for 3 campaigns is quite rip off no matter how cheap each of them are. It is just blatant attempt to milk the players out of their money. They are not expansions, it is just a game split into 3 parts.

The sad thing is to see when great companies that start out full of passion and have a clear vision of they want to go, end up completely in the opposite side of their desired destination. The culprit is often greed and avarice. All they do is shot themselves in the foot.

I for one, will not be buying SC2 but download it off a torrent site instead. There will be tons of servers and BNET 2.0 Cracks out there soon enough.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:40   Link #2253
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post

Also having to pay for 3 campaigns is quite rip off no matter how cheap each of them are. It is just blatant attempt to milk the players out of their money. They are not expansions, it is just a game split into 3 parts.
And who are we to say what's an expansion and what is not? There are expansion packs out there that add nothing more than a few items here and there, and yet charged at full price. Starcraft 2's expansion packs Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will each have 30 missions, the same length as the Wings of Liberty Campaign. And of course, each of these will add new units and mechanics much like other Blizzard expansion packs like Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Starcraft: Brood War or Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne before them. They'll definitely qualify as expansions, if not more.

Also, there are many games that have campaigns strung out over separate expansion packs over several years, like with the Dawn of War series, where in the original game only the Space Marines had a campaign, and the others only gained their own campaigns after they had to cut corners on several aspects (like Dark Crusade and Soulstorm campaigns essentially being a non-linear series of glorified AI skirmish battles reusing maps from the multiplayer map selection). And yet I don't see anyone railing on Relic for their decisions.

Now had Blizzard decided that you needed to buy Heart of the Swarm to play the Zerg and buy Legacy of the Void to play Protoss in multiplayer, then maybe THAT's splitting the game into three parts. And yet from everything we know, Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty is going to be shipping as a complete game, single-player campaign, multiplayer functionality, and including the Galaxy Editor and all.

Just because they announced having expanions in the early stage doesn't mean they're "splitting the game". Afterall, many of the units in Brood War were actually already developed by Blizzard before the original Starcraft came out (like the Valkyrie, albeit in a different role and function). Yet I don't here anyone complaining about that.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 13:39   Link #2254
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
The point is that all the new measures taken in SC2 recently are just to combat piracy. But they don't understand that all security codes can be cracked. They are going to see their "no Lan unless you are on internet" feature completely redone by hackers.

All that they are accomplishing by stepping up security in the game is to aggravate their fan base and drive away sales of the product. All for nothing since cracks for all the security will come out sooner than later.

The sad thing is to see when great companies that start out full of passion and have a clear vision of they want to go, end up completely in the opposite side of their desired destination. The culprit is often greed and avarice. All they do is shot themselves in the foot.

I for one, will not be buying SC2 but download it off a torrent site instead. There will be tons of servers and BNET 2.0 Cracks out there soon enough.
Never understood why it's so breathtaking to claim to the world you'll be pirating/stealing/illegally copying something. It's not like anyone here is claiming whose better.

Though when these developers eventually start putting these games onto consoles then what? Like Gears of War/Halo they no longer put them on PC but on Consoles to prevent piracy.

I do not see the issue with the expansions though. They are literally making each one have full 30 missions with story and such. All 3 races are playable with the first game in MP. The others will really just be adding in the next chapter. to the story.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 15:31   Link #2255
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

you can pirate console games
it's not about priacy, it's an excuse, hell there are tons of p servers out there for WoW and yet blizzard still make 160M+ per month and it only cost them 400M to make a run the entire thing for 4 years.
Actvistion is just being pants-on-head-retarded greedy about their games. doesn't matter, if they fall, it will give a chance for other companies to step up

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-06-07 at 16:02.
Old 2010-06-07, 16:03   Link #2256
Xacual

It always amuses me when people quote numbers for WoW when there is no information on how much it all costs. I do know that the money blizz makes from WoW goes back into their developing of other games like starcraft 2 and diablo 3 and the wow expansions. Saying they make 160 million and then only pay 400 million every 4 years is just a tad too exaggerated.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 16:08   Link #2257
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

they put out the numbers, I am just writing what I read from their interviews last year
excuses is always there, but at the end it is still their fault for bad choices

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-06-07 at 16:21.
Old 2010-06-07, 16:31   Link #2258
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Saying they make 160 million and then only pay 400 million every 4 years is just a tad too exaggerated.
Uh? 344.88 M profit in 2008 (FY)
Old 2010-06-07, 16:59   Link #2259
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
you can pirate console games
:
I know but piracy on consoles doesn't seem to register in their minds but I think it's more on the lines that they can control it better than on PC but I'm no expert on the matter.

I mean I've read articles from devs where they talk about not porting to PC because of piracy but leave it on xbox, etc. If they had a choice they'd all go for consoles.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 17:15   Link #2260
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
That sounds like a lame excuse for pirating . Anyway, the lack of LAN doesnt really bother me that much anymore as I'll end up playing over the internet and private server have tendencies to attract cheaters and idiots.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows