AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-11, 20:43   Link #16961
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, I think there's a chance that Touma would win against Othinus. He has already fought against Aureolus, whose powers are as close to reality warping as it gets for a magician. However, since it's Odin we're talking about, it's also possible that she has Odin-related magic in her arsenal. There is still a 50% chance that she might fail on every spell she uses, though.
When did Touma fight Aureolus again?
Old 2012-03-11, 20:55   Link #16962
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Want it Volume 2 or the deep blood arc?
Old 2012-03-11, 21:10   Link #16963
Daft

I doubt the current Touma could ever beat Othinus. What I can't wait for is the clarification of exactly how she beats the thing inside Touma. I was under the assumption that the crazy Touma that beat Aureolus was up there in power. If it was just that she beat 'it' with her 50% probability for everything, then that doesn't really take anything away from "it's" strength. I'm going to assume that that monster wasn't permanently killed or anything that severe.

I'd also love to know how Aiwass holds up in this now that the power hierarchy has been majorly shifted. Will that 50% chance of success hold for even he/she? I'd like to believe a superior existence doesn't give a damn about those possibilities when they can exist beyond this plane altogether and are just visiting for the lolz.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:12   Link #16964
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, I think there's a chance that Touma would win against Othinus. He has already fought against Aureolus, whose powers are as close to reality warping as it gets for a magician. However, since it's Odin we're talking about, it's also possible that she has Odin-related magic in her arsenal. There is still a 50% chance that she might fail on every spell she uses, though.
we need to know if what is inside touma is itself or related to IB, because from what has been said of this volume othinus suppresed the thing inside touma( or was it fiamma?) , so wo knows.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:12   Link #16965
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's possible that Aiwass would one-up Othinus. Norse magic isn't necessarily Horusian to me.
That, and the thing inside Imagine Breaker is Aiwass' "younger sister".

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:21   Link #16966
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm even with the current spoilers they never said Othinus beat that thing, only that she cut off his arm again and that Fiamma was the one that subdue it.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:24   Link #16967
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm even with the current spoilers they never said Othinus beat that thing, only that she cut off his arm again and that Fiamma was the one that subdue it.
Actually, two people subdued it: Othinus during the fighting and Fiamma afterwards.
Old 2012-03-11, 21:30   Link #16968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Actually, two people subdued it: Othinus during the fighting and Fiamma afterwards.
My mistake then.

Just to sure, when you use the word 'subdue', do you mean subdue or do you mean defeated?
Old 2012-03-11, 21:39   Link #16969
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Lol, to think Aleister of all people is now considered as a guinea pig. Karma's a bitch.
And what it makes more amusing is that Trollbishop has somee goods that can mess with Aleister, oh the fun!
Old 2012-03-11, 21:40   Link #16970
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Lol, we've been so caught up in Othinus shenanigans that we haven't gotten anything on Junior and his powers!

Even if he's dead, I'd like to know at least. Besides, if Kamachi ain't gonna gonna Junior vs. Accelerator, I'll oblige with something of my own. Who's to say Kihara-kun only had one son? And maybe it's a daughter!

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:16   Link #16971
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lol, we've been so caught up in Othinus shenanigans that we haven't gotten anything on Junior and his powers!

Even if he's dead, I'd like to know at least. Besides, if Kamachi ain't gonna gonna Junior vs. Accelerator, I'll oblige with something of my own. Who's to say Kihara-kun only had one son? And maybe it's a daughter!
You still have Black Kihara for the lulz.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:32   Link #16972
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Remember how every Magician from Necessarius before kept telling Touma to not get involved, or at the very least they were unwilling to keep going to him? In the end he still soaked up experience and became an 'expert' of some sort in this.

Same thing, people would never improve if you don't let them have experience, there's no such thing as can't do anything.
Yeah well, Touma's Touma >.> Anti-magic IMO would make you a better match against mages than electricity-based ability

Ars Magna would have killed Touma, if Stiyl didn't cast a mirage to let him survive a few hits (ref Vol2 epilogue). Even with Stiyl's help I don't think Mikoto can do as well... gaining exp is one thing, surviving that incident is another

I'll drop this topic now, even I think I'm starting to sound like a Mikoto-basher >.>
Quote:
Do you remember vol 16 where Amakusa took on Aqua? They got their asses handed to them but they still fought along aside Kanzaki in the end even if they could only carry out support roles it was just enough to help her even the odds.

Nobody is asking Mikoto to charge ahead and take that hill all by herself, Hell not even Touma could single-handedly defeat Aqua, Carissa and Fiamma, there was always someone, somewhere doing something that could help even the odds.
Fair enough. I'd like to add though it was Magic side help against Magic side enemies; I'd have no problem if Academy City built a Gundam/Evangelion and Mikoto is helping Touma bring it down. Due to a difference in expertise a Science side member isn't suited to go head to head against Magic side things - the Amakusa knows who/what they're likely to go up against, and that would set them apart from Science side help Touma might get, eg Mikoto or Hamazura.
Heck, even Accel almost got owned by Gremlin agents when they manipulated him to cast magic subconsciously and ended up hurting himself >.> No info about what you're up against is normally a bad situation - unless you're Touma and can no-sell practically whatever they throw at you.
Quote:
For some reason, this whole thing behind the Universal Esper stuff reminds me of the "natural power" Touko uses in Flere's fanfic.

As expected of a member of Crack's Right Seat, he has the power to predict Kamachi's additions to canon.
Nah, what I'm planning to use for the fic isn't related to the Universal Esper theory as I understand it. You over-estimate me
Old 2012-03-11, 23:40   Link #16973
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You still have Black Kihara for the lulz.
Doesn't he die too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Nah, what I'm planning to use for the fic isn't related to the Universal Esper theory as I understand it. You over-estimate me
Just thought it sounded vaguely similar, at least from what you've shown. Not saying it is Universal Esper, but had a resemblance.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:48   Link #16974
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

but i think we can asume that dragon when touma lost his arm for the first time was not aurelous ars magna, also from the aftereffects, i would say that mikoto intuition of IB sucking one person's ability was on the spot.

also anyone knows whats the status of touma and accel at the end of the novel?
Old 2012-03-12, 02:12   Link #16975
judasmartel
*Author

Man, I looked around here and TVTropes. And it seems like there's a 50/50 chance that a new meme will be born!
Old 2012-03-12, 02:47   Link #16976
EvilSamurai

illustrators site has been updated!
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/i_m.htm
Old 2012-03-12, 02:57   Link #16977
judasmartel
*Author

So Othinus is the one with the hammer?
Old 2012-03-12, 03:06   Link #16978
addiC

nah, that is marian
no othinus pic at all i suppose.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:06   Link #16979
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So Othinus is the one with the hammer?
Thats Marian, the girl that turns people into Furniture of War.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:07   Link #16980
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Nope. That's Marian Slingeneyer.

marianmind
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen