AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 08:15   Link #1241
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
Yeah, considering Maka's being targeted by several of Shibusen's most powerful enemies, they really are taking it easy if there's nobody around to help her out. But at least it gives us the chance to see what a Death Scythe is really capable of. I've always been waiting to see what such a weapon could really do. I can't wait for next chapter now T_T
I agree with everyone's comments here. They should have a couple of people tagging Maka everywhere she goes (maybe without telling her though).

Anyway, the coolest thing for me about this episode was the glimpse of Medusa in her new Arachne hair. Gives me hope she'll be back soon!

ice cream scene was cool too!
Old 2009-08-15, 08:27   Link #1242
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
I agree with everyone's comments here. They should have a couple of people tagging Maka everywhere she goes (maybe without telling her though).

Anyway, the coolest thing for me about this episode was the glimpse of Medusa in her new Arachne hair. Gives me hope she'll be back soon!

ice cream scene was cool too!
I lol'ed when Black*Star gulped the ice cream down in one go!

As cool as Medusa seemed to be, I want to see what Noel is capable of. I'm pretty sure what we saw was just a fraction of his full power.

In any case, I'm going through the whole manga again to refresh my memory, see if I missed anything
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 08:28   Link #1243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can understand Maka not wanting to be protected to the extreme. But at the very least considering she is a major target there should be minimal steps taken. Could at least make it mandatory that outside she works with another meister/weapon pair. And make sure that pair knows not to leave her alone even if she tells them to. If she wants to complain she can blame having the ability that made her a target.

Anyways a good fight so far. Glad Maka has gotten out of the stupid angel wings phase. Seriously getting killed because she was obsessed with that would have been stupid.
Old 2009-08-15, 08:34   Link #1244
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome!
Spoiler for Chapter 64:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I can understand Maka not wanting to be protected to the extreme. But at the very least considering she is a major target there should be minimal steps taken. Could at least make it mandatory that outside she works with another meister/weapon pair. And make sure that pair knows not to leave her alone even if she tells them to. If she wants to complain she can blame having the ability that made her a target.
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Old 2009-08-15, 09:53   Link #1245
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Old 2009-08-15, 10:24   Link #1246
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedan View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Old 2009-08-15, 11:42   Link #1247
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Spoiler for 64:
Old 2009-08-15, 13:58   Link #1248
JunkKitty

The retreat signal in the Brew arc was made by Kim- remember her using Jackie's smoke trail to make a Shini-face in the sky? However, in that situation Shibusen's people were anticipating it and knew what it meant. We don't know how far away this training area is from anyone else.

I didn't think this chapter really deserved the negative pre-raw hype. I figured out why it feels shorter than usual even though it isn't- barring brief flashbacks and a peek at others, this chapter was entirely one single scene. We aren't used to that with SE, most chapters jump around; the few big fight chapters that don't jump around much have more action.

Content-wise,
Spoiler for this chap:
JunkKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:00   Link #1249
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
What is Gopher, anyway? Is he a meister or a weapon? I can't tell.. Or is he some kind of witch with a creature like Medusa and Arachne? And what is with the ice cream? Give us SOMETHING here, Ohkubo.

Also, I agree with everyone else, this chapter was too short. Ugh, the first like 15 pages were completely pointless, and the lack of pedo-fodder seriously took away from the enjoyment in this chapter. At least if they had that I could have been like, "Well, that was kind of boring, but at least there's fanservice. :D" SAD FACE. Now the next chapter is going to be battle focused probably, but hopefully we'll get some pages of something important (eg. Kid, Medusa, Crona, Noah, etc.) and it better be more than 31 pages that's for sure. :/
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:37   Link #1250
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkKitty View Post
The retreat signal in the Brew arc was made by Kim- remember her using Jackie's smoke trail to make a Shini-face in the sky? However, in that situation Shibusen's people were anticipating it and knew what it meant. We don't know how far away this training area is from anyone else.

I didn't think this chapter really deserved the negative pre-raw hype. I figured out why it feels shorter than usual even though it isn't- barring brief flashbacks and a peek at others, this chapter was entirely one single scene. We aren't used to that with SE, most chapters jump around; the few big fight chapters that don't jump around much have more action.
Yeah, this chapter did feel a lot shorter than usual, but I suppose it was to be expected considering this is the prelude to a really fearsome battle. As for the brew arc, I stand corrected. Thanks for the info there! I agree with what you said that the situation was different. Shibusen was expecting a retreat. This situation is different. I doubt Maka can make such a signal, nor do I believe she would even if she could. I don't see her as the type to just run away from a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkKitty View Post
Spoiler for this chap:
Spoiler for 64:
Old 2009-08-15, 21:04   Link #1251
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongefan1 View Post
What is Gopher, anyway? Is he a meister or a weapon? I can't tell.. Or is he some kind of witch with a creature like Medusa and Arachne? And what is with the ice cream? Give us SOMETHING here, Ohkubo.
I know that someone suggested on livejournal that Gopher may be one of the worms-turned-human. I think it's certainly possible- does anyone else?
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 23:28   Link #1252
I'monaboat

What is a worm in the first place?
I'monaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 01:49   Link #1253
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Remember Noah's black worm things? Back in the Baba Yaga arc?
Sno-Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 14:25   Link #1254
BadtheGuy

Off topic- Is Mosquito of the same clan as Free? I'm pretty sure it was never hinted at in the manga... but some seem to believe it.
BadtheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 14:56   Link #1255
Spongefan1
I like Turtles

Send a message via AIM to Spongefan1 Send a message via MSN to Spongefan1
Okay, wait, I believe this technically counts as pedo-fodder so Ohkubo shall be slightly forgiven.
Spongefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 15:33   Link #1256
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I don't think anyone has noted this yet, but maybe I missed it.

I'm sure we've all noticed by now how, any time a weapon is in weapon form, when we see them in their inner soul-to-soul communications to their meister it's as a naked Barbie/Ken doll. No clothes, no nipplage on the lady weapons, etc... The only slight difference to that we've seen is that Tsubaki, since absorbing her brother, will get the black swirly pattern on her body when using his sword form, but I think that really relates more to him than anything else.

But what does that have to do with this chapter? Lots. See, Soul is now clothed. Not just in flashback, but in situations where he is in obvious black-background weapon form communication. White shirt, loose black tie. Same as in the flashback conversation with Spirit. At first I though it was just a "oh, he's a Death Scythe, now, so that must be it, but no, all the other Death Scythes have been "naked" in communication as well (witness Spirit/Stein, Azusa/Sid, Marie/Stein).

So... Sign of something new? Ohkubo making a mistake?
Old 2009-08-16, 15:50   Link #1257
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I don't think anyone has noted this yet, but maybe I missed it.

I'm sure we've all noticed by now how, any time a weapon is in weapon form, when we see them in their inner soul-to-soul communications to their meister it's as a naked Barbie/Ken doll. No clothes, no nipplage on the lady weapons, etc... The only slight difference to that we've seen is that Tsubaki, since absorbing her brother, will get the black swirly pattern on her body when using his sword form, but I think that really relates more to him than anything else.

But what does that have to do with this chapter? Lots. See, Soul is now clothed. Not just in flashback, but in situations where he is in obvious black-background weapon form communication. White shirt, loose black tie. Same as in the flashback conversation with Spirit. At first I though it was just a "oh, he's a Death Scythe, now, so that must be it, but no, all the other Death Scythes have been "naked" in communication as well (witness Spirit/Stein, Azusa/Sid, Marie/Stein).

So... Sign of something new? Ohkubo making a mistake?
I've noticed it as well. It's most likely a mistake. One could say that it's because of the black blood, but when Maka and Soul fought Chrona, Soul was also naked back then, so it's most likely a mistake. I think Ohkubo made the same mistake a few times before as well where Soul kept his clothes on while the others didn't, such as in the Brew arc. I know for sure that Ford took his clothes off in his weapon form, but Soul didn't.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2009-08-16 at 16:32.
Old 2009-08-16, 16:41   Link #1258
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

I think that can be dismissed as relatively minor.
Spoiler for Chapter 64:
Old 2009-08-16, 16:42   Link #1259
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought it might be the influence of the black blood myself but if that's the case where is the pinstriped jacket?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 19:10   Link #1260
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Sno: I....don't remember that.....

And if it was true, wow, then Noah really is a sick pedo, XD.

@Sponge: Now that I look closer at that panel, yes, yes it does count as pedo-fodder, XD.

@Everyone else:

Soul having his clothes on in weapon form is most likely a mistake on Ohkubo's part. Though how come no one has wondered why weapons become naked in soul-view when they're in weapon form in the first place?

Or has that already been pondered and I'm just late to the party? XD.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen