AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 16:34   Link #5061
FalsePrime

Ah, there goes my favorite unit.

Interesting addition to have him overload a Buster Rifle clip. Also Wing's explosion seems even more crazy which is nice. The original always left me a little disappointed.

Got to say though, this is the start of the worst section of Wing for me. This middle gap between Wing's destruction and Zero's arrival was always the most flat for me.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:42   Link #5062
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Is Heero standing all the way on top of the gundam? Isn't the cockpit entrance down below that jewel thingie?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:49   Link #5063
Tendou Souji

In the Endless Waltz version the cockpit is behind the search eye.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 18:02   Link #5064
FalsePrime

Both Wing Gundam and Wing Zero EW have their entrance at the top fo the Chest like Freedom/Strike Freedom. As Tendou said the seat is located directly behind the search eye.

Wing Zero EW had the escape hatch that Heero got out of under the chest, but as far as I know that has never been featured on any Wing Zero EW outside of that one scene in the movie.
Old 2012-10-25, 19:27   Link #5065
gordol
Banned

Quote:
ジーベンツバーク赤 灼熱の炎
ジーベンツバーク青 絶対零度に近い凍気
ジーベンツバーク黒 海底のMSを引っ張り出す程の暴風
ジーベンツバーク白 PD使ってない20機余りのビルゴを機能停止に追い込む程の雷
Now we know what the White Seven Dwarf does: it creates electricity that managed to disable 20 Virgoes that hadn't thei Planet Defensors up
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:02   Link #5066
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Now we know what the White Seven Dwarf does: it creates electricity that managed to disable 20 Virgoes that hadn't thei Planet Defensors up
I'm guessing that is they had their planet defensors up.

Also, that was pathetic how easy this was to guess. Sure I made fun of it, but I really hoped that he would actually do this.

That and we have 4 elements so far.

Fire - Red
Ice - Blue
Wind - Black
Lightiing - White.

Leaving us with three. If this was a JRPG then it would likely be a Darkness/Earth/Holy trio but given it's not I doubt they work in Holy and Darkness (that and Black and White are already used) so that leaves Earth out of the traditionals.

I'm stumped at what the other two could be. Non Elemental/Huge Blast would be normal guess but given how fucking predictable he is being it's almost assured these things Combine to form one giant canon/blast.

Any one got any guesses?

Got to say I'm kinda pissed this is Heero's unit. I really hate how Bandai/Sunrise has turned him into a range fighter despite him being totally not in the series. I don't blame Sumizawa for this at all, they were doing long before Frozen Teardrop, but still stacking this many gun's on Heero's suit seems just to much.
Old 2012-10-25, 20:16   Link #5067
Tendou Souji

I feel the last colors are
Green
Yellow/Gold
Purple/Silver
Something like that. I feel Green is a given. I think one will be nano machines, one will be gravity and the final will be something out there.

Nanomachines are going to happen. No way they are giving Zechs nano machines and not Heero. This is supposed to be the main unit of the novel. It is going to get the weapon that is being used as apart of the main story.

Gravity just seems like something they would pull. If you can't get past the PD why not cause a huge force of gravity in the area to crush everything?

Don't know about the last one. I'm still confused as to what the Seven Dwarfs are. A set of guns or one gun with tons of different ammo? How big are they? Are they all shaped the same. If anything ever needed lineart it was this suit. How does it carry around these guns?
Old 2012-10-25, 20:23   Link #5068
FalsePrime

All good questions.

I considered Gravity, but I figured it would be given Black, same goes for Gold/Yellow/Lightning.

Nanomachines seems like a good choice, thing is wasn't Tallgeese Heaven's attack used to disable? If so then White/Lightning is already covering this particular need.

Lastly I think Green is a given as far as colors go. Silver/Grey seems like two choices they could go with. A part of me wants to say Pink because of how popular that color is for choices in Gundam. I too really want to know what the Dwarfs are, no matter what kinda weapon/s system it is the deploment will hopefully be interesting.

I just hope and pray that it isn't a Buster Rifle with a switch either on it, or in the Gundam. As it is though, even if theese things are relativily small they are either going to take up the entire area of the Wing Binders from Zero or force Snow White to actually be a new unit.
Old 2012-11-03, 16:42   Link #5069
Tendou Souji

This thread is once again dead due to no info. Let me try to bring some life into it. Some info on the Seven Dwarfs and Buster Rifle.
ゼロ設計完了当時のジェネレータ技術では、機体制御動力でエネルギーがカツカツで、
バスターライフルに直供給しながら安定した出力を出すことができなかった

その代案としてドクターJはカートリッジ式狙撃装置開発を提案
また、過剰威力を抑えながらより効率的な運用を可能し、カートリッジ式の利点を生かすべく、
単なるエネルギー弾ではない特殊弾の開発・研究を博士たちは行った

しかし散り散りになり、個別で開発及び作戦遂行を余儀なくされたドクターJは、
単機での白兵戦に複数種のカートリッジを持ち歩くのはナンセンスと考え、
エネルギー弾に絞ったバスターライフルを完成させた

数年後、ウィナー家資源衛星にてスノーホワイト他のモビルスーツを発見
そこには研究中であった特殊弾のサンプル及びデータも残されていた

ガンダム開発に難航していたカトルらであったが、それはラジエータ技術も含まれており、
そこに残されたバスターライフル(ツインバスターライフル)及びカートリッジ弾のデータは、
ヒイロ専用機に必要となるであろう大出力射撃武装の完成に大きく貢献した

また、ウイング開発ではお蔵入りとなった複数種の特殊弾は、
白兵戦ではなく組織戦及びボヤージュなどの移動艦を運用する戦いにおいて、
博士らが残した特殊弾はとても貴重かつ強力な武装データであった為、
それを研究しスノーホワイトの追加武装七つの矮星として完成させた
残された特殊弾サンプルは5種であったが、1種はMC暦の技術から完成させた新設弾、
もう1種は博士たち考案の特殊弾をMC暦技術で発展・完成させた親設弾である

I read some other stuff that I will bullet point here. Don't take is as fact until we get valid translations of the recent stuff from the chapter. This is about Snow White and the Buster Rifle it has
-42 different combinations of ammo
-After the first rifle was finally completed they made another
-1.5 times more powerful than the Twin Buster Rifle
-3 shots per minute?
-Developed for sniping
-Doctor J developed it alone
-Snow White has special wings
-Not meant for hand to hand combat but all out war and voyaging

Now remember, I'm going by crappy translations and what people are saying. So don't take this all as fact right now. Just something to discuss until the next chapter.
Old 2012-11-03, 17:29   Link #5070
FalsePrime

Okay, at I will go over my hopes for what isn't true/translated slightly wrong.

Buster Rifle? Since when does it have Ammo Types? Both Wing and Zero had a heat blasts and that was it, sure it could do it at different levels, but it was still a single blast of heat. What exactly could this even have given the Seven Dwarves act Elemental based weapon already?

1.5 Times? I'm guessing this is at Full Power? I don't really see the need of increasing it's power but at least they held back. It likely brings it more in line with a single round from the GX's Sat Cannon, but thankfully still likely much weaker then the Twin Sat Cannon. Increasing the rate of Fire seems insane given it's destructive power.

Now the big issues.

It's size. Given Pro, Epyon White, King/Queen/Jack and Virgo 4 it very much seems as though they are keeping the scale of Wing EW which would put Snow White at near 16.7 Meters if not exactly. Thing is 42 Types of Ammo, Buster Rifle (lets remember the size Wing EW and Wing Zero's are fucking massive), the Seven Dwarves, Beam Sabers and the like, how exactly could this thing even come close to carrying it?

If it is indeed meant for All out War and Vayaging then it's unlikely this thing doesn't carry it's full arsnal on it at all times. Another thing is the Special Wings, if it does have Wing's and they aren't a secondary function of Seven Dwarves then there is almost no way they are physical. Combine that with the Voyage thing being a big reason for it's construction the Wing/Movement system will need to be explained and it's very likely when we take into consideration Zero speed and Wyvern that we could have the second fastest non teleporting Gundam behind Victory 2's near light speed.

Lastly my number 1 issue, Heero is the pilot of this thing. Yes Bandai, I know you've spent the last decade+ trying to drill home that Heero is a ranged fighter, but it doesn't change the fact that in Wing TV he really wasn't. Giving him a Snipping weapon and the Seven Dwarves seemingly being ranged just is really awkward regardless of him being the lead and getting the lead suit.
Old 2012-11-03, 18:12   Link #5071
Tendou Souji

Well it says multiple types of ammo can be stored in the wings so they have to be physical.
Old 2012-11-03, 19:48   Link #5072
FalsePrime

If they are indeed physical then I can't see how this will be even remotely close to how steam lined the average Wing Ver Ka design is. To carry all that and on such a small frame is going to be a sight to see.
Old 2012-11-03, 19:52   Link #5073
Washu-Chan