2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-11, 21:21   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 47 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 47.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 03:40   Link #2
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I am starting to see Rustal's endgame now: Crush Tekkadan and McGillis, have Gaelio offer his sister's hand in marriage, marry and enjoy breaking Almiria to cleanse her of McGillis' foul influence and become the new reigning head of Gjallarhorn.
Old 2017-03-12, 03:42   Link #3
tdx

Orga is doing the PV for the next episode "Promise" (I thought it would be Kudelia though, which means the next one will probably done by her and the last one by Mika)

Ah, and next week the episode will be 30 minutes later than usual.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 04:54   Link #4
Knight_SV

so idiok went to ask rustal for only him and his troops to sortie take out mcg and tekkadan?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 04:59   Link #5
tdx

OK, my overall impression is as follows: tt's weird! Totally weird! Am I watching a Gundam or what!

Proto isn't quite as bad as last week made him seem. He won't side with McGillis, but he won't tell Arianrhod on him either (the remaining 7 stars openly backed up Rustal now), because of the debt of gratitude and "just in case the situation changes".

Orga being blunt with McGillis about the situation and how it's not equal partnership anymore so he has McGillis take orders from him and McGillis agrees. Also, this phrase of his, "I'm not sure anymore who our real enemy is," is interesting as it might hint as Tekkadan's possible betrayal of McGillis sometime later.

Dante and Eugene suggest handing over McGillis and Bael to GH to make a fresh start, but it's Akihiro who's being the voice of reason saying that it obviously won't go that easy. Orga states he actually might ditch McGillis if push comes to shove. And then they hear news where they're basically declared criminals. hoho.

Atra and Mika totally did it, Atra tries to tell to Kudelia but is interrupted.

Tekkadan is losing clients and Nobliss cut off Kudelia's Admos company for associating with Tekkadan. If she cuts her ties with Tekkadan, he will resume his support, he says. She has no such intention of course, although Orga advices her otherwise.

Mikazuki, what a riot, Kudelia is good at raising vegetables so he asks her to raise his (and Atra's) kid. Kudelia goes into a BSOD. And after the ridiculous moment of Mika offering his kids to anyone who wants them, all three make a promise - well, Kudelia does, that she'll protect them and the baby.

Orga calls Barriston to ask him to connect him to Rustal. He offers to give McGillis and Bael to Rustal, but Rustal says that's not enough, even Orga's life which Orga offers is not enough, he wants to make an example out of them. Eugene and Akihiro come and say they won't let Orga bear everything alone.

Then, Kudelia comes up with an idea to change everyone's IDs through Makanai to get them off Arianrhod's kill list and to Earth. Merribit and Dexter succeed in unfreezing part of their funds that were put under a different name. But as Kudelia tries to contact Makanai, they find out that the communication lines are cut off, and some Tekkadan members rush in to report that Arianrhod has Tekkadan HQ surrounded...
Old 2017-03-12, 05:09   Link #6
Irenesharda

This was definitely an epsiode that changes everything, and you have to really wonder how this is all going to end. Rustal has everyone on the ropes, and Tekkadan is on the very brink. McGillis has basically lost everything, but still refuses to give up his soul. Orga making some foolish moves, I thought he realized last time not to take everything on by himself?
Thankfully Eugene and Akihiro are there to knock some sense into him again.

Idiok decides to go out there and wipe out the remaining enemies, in a GRAZE? Yeah, that's not going to go well for him. And then there is the fact that everyone is turning their backs on Tekkadan and so they may have no other choice than for everyone to go on the run under alias, which certainly isn't something that I wanted for them.

I reallly don't know how this is going to end for them all, but whatever happens, I really want someone to kill Rustal. Just shoot him in his big smug face.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 05:29   Link #7
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Idiok decides to go out there and wipe out the remaining enemies, in a GRAZE? Yeah, that's not going to go well for him.
I'd say finally. Long overdue. I only hope that no one from Tekkadan, especially Orga, dies with him.

Quote:
but whatever happens, I really want someone to kill Rustal. Just shoot him in his big smug face.
And yeah, Rustal absolutely can't survive, he's the most abominable creature in the show, on par with only Izanario in how disgusting and inhumane he is. Now, how to get him off that ship to kill him... hopefully McGillis will do something. Or maybe Gaelio turning on him? Too much to ask from that McGillis-obsessed softie?
Old 2017-03-12, 05:40   Link #8
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
And yeah, Rustal absolutely can't survive, he's the most abominable creature in the show, on par with only Izanario in how disgusting and inhumane he is. Now, how to get him off that ship to kill him... hopefully McGillis will do something. Or maybe Gaelio turning on him? Too much to ask from that McGillis-obsessed softie?
I say, if Rustal won't come out from the bridge of his ship, either Mika or McGills can finish Shino's job and take out Rustal the same way Char took out Kycillia on her bridge. Use a missile, a daislief, even a bazooka and make it totally classic, but make it a headshot and make it awesome!

Also, I have to say that I like McGillis' new outfit. It suits him. Take off the sleeves, dye it red, and get him a pair of shades and an eighties haircut and he's basically Quattro all over again.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-12, 05:46   Link #9
dragon1412

Now I'm not really know, frankly, I see a serious chance of season 3 happening despite deny it several time before, we have 3 episodes left, and I don't think we can resolved the story as it stand with Rustal so overwhelming in the lead and still only Idiok march out. Especially now with Rustal got the support of 7 stars.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 05:51   Link #10
tdx

Quote:
I say, if Rustal won't come out from the bridge of his ship, either Mika or McGills can finish Shino's job and take out Rustal the same way Char took out Kycillia on her bridge. Use a missile, a daislief, even a bazooka and make it totally classic, but make it a headshot and make it awesome!
Hopefully. I don't really care at this point how he dies, I just want that vermin dead already, and even more so than Idiok, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Now I'm not really know, frankly, I see a serious chance of season 3 happening despite deny it several time before, we have 3 episodes left, and I don't think we can resolved the story as it stand with Rustal so overwhelming in the lead and still only Idiok march out. Especially now with Rustal got the support of 7 stars.
Didn't Ogawa say that that's it for IBO unless fan support is strong enough to warrant something more?
Old 2017-03-12, 05:55   Link #11
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Didn't Ogawa say that that's it for IBO unless fan support is strong enough to warrant something more?
yeah, I agree, I was on the side of "there is no chance of season 3 happening" as well, but I just can't think of a way to resolved it perfectly at this point, in next ep will probably be Idiok vs Tekkadan, it's a given that Idiok is going to fail, and then we have 2 episodes for Rustal, which I honestly thinks it's not enough with Gaelio throw in the mix as well as the 7 stars plot

ANd yeah, I don't really care how Rustal die at this point, as long as he die, it's perfect. Frankly, it's no wonder this guy could be colleague to Iznario, the vermin is rotten to the very core
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 06:05   Link #12
Skaddix

I assume McGillis has a secret weapon. Maybe he really will unleash another mobile armor to turn the tides.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 06:26   Link #13
PhoenixRising

I have to agree with everyone here that Rustal must be publicly shamed and die. But, I hope that Kudelia will be the one to put an end to this labelling Tekkadan criminals mess, e.g. public speech, write a book about their story etc.

However, watching their situation, just now really reminds me of the Shinsengumi and Hakuouki. The way Orga is acting is just like Kondou. I'm smacking my head for not noticing the references in the first opening song "Raise your Flag" and recent events. However, I honestly hope that it won't end like they did.

Well, whatever happens, I at least hope that Atra makes it out okay. I won't be satisfied with the ending unless I see Mika's and Atra's baby and Mika maybe somewhat getting out okay.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2017-03-12 at 06:49.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 06:36   Link #14
Skaddix

Mika Baby and Atra Living Sure.
Mika living seems unlikely to me.
Even more unlikely if Orga dies. No way Mika doesn't go beserk and go on a final killing spree.
Old 2017-03-12, 06:49   Link #15
Irenesharda

Also, did Rustal really tell everyone what happened to McGillis under Iznario all those years? And Iznario of course confirms and everything? And the way he makes it sound, like Macky made some kind of a deal to sell his body for power? Not only is that slanderous, that's a low blow Rustal, especially since you noticed the abuse and did absolutely nothing to prevent or stop it. And of course they take Iznario's word over Macky's.

I didn't think my hatred of Rustal could go any higher.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-12, 06:54   Link #16
Skaddix

I don't see how Rustal spun the full story as a negative for McGillis. The not even an illegitimate child thing I could see as useful but not the fact that a 7 Star Family Member was raping young boys for years that doesn't seem like positive press.

I still don't get why so many 7 Stars seem to have no heirs though. Not like gay nobles didn't exist in the past and they managed to squeeze out one or two heirs. With artificial insemination no 7 Star should be going without making some heirs.
Old 2017-03-12, 07:05   Link #17
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
I don't see how Rustal spun the full story as a negative for McGillis. The not even an illegitimate child thing I could see as useful but not the fact that a 7 Star Family Member was raping young boys for years that doesn't seem like positive press.

I still don't get why so many 7 Stars seem to have no heirs though. Not like gay nobles didn't exist in the past and they managed to squeeze out one or two heirs. With artificial insemination no 7 Star should be going without making some heirs.
Rustal might've omitted the abuse or spun it like Irenesharda said. But, yeah, Rustal would've argued that since McGillis is adopted and not a true blue blood, then he has no right to control Gjallarhorn.

But for the second thing, maybe it's a purity issue (since they were really disgusted with the Alaya Vijnana system); so maybe artificial insemination is unclean to them or maybe those nobles did too much inbreeding which lead to sterility (since they seem to do family intermarriages). This is just conjecture though.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 07:06   Link #18
Knight_SV

rustal is really the most despicable thing in gundam franchise right now. can he be compared to the likes of jamitov hyman and bask om??
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 07:29   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweloo View Post
I could forgive Orga for that- the writing felt organic enough to for me not to deem it a regression of character, especially as they've really been pushed into a corner this time (even they fought Rustal's forces and won, they'd still be branded criminals so long as Gjallarhorn exists). And truthfully, it takes a long time to kick a habit like that. I figured that he was going to need more than one (or two) knock on the head to get it completely straight, and this episode pretty much proved my point.

(Besides, when was the last time we saw him meet up with the other senior members- except Mika- like he did in the beginning of this episode?)
Last time he met with them was right before McGillis began his coup. He actually meets with them pretty often, the problem is that often they have nothing to say and basically just say that as long as it's what Orga wants to do, then they're okay with it. This doesn't help Orga much and so he's often alone on the decision making.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-12, 07:32   Link #20
Skaddix

Look I don't have a problem with Orga needing a pickup speech occasionally. The problem is ever since Naze went down he has needed speech after speech and has shown no tactical acumen or charisma. He has been sad sack and self sacrificing way too much of the time. There has been zero improvement unlike last season how he gets back on the horse after a talk with Mika.