3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-12, 21:51   Link #121
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
If they defeat Rustal and fellows, would they really have to run anymore? As you say Gjallarhorn would begin to fall in on itself.

Would that really be the best time to come to Earth? Because despite their desperate enthusiasm, I don't think a change of name and background is going to hide who they are. And with Gjallarhorn in it's death throws at this point, I think that that might be the worst time to go to Earth, as somebody is going to look for someone to blame.
That's a good point. My only thought is that I don't think the show would be raising 'flee to Earth, falsify our records' as a possibility if it wasn't then going to follow through on it. It wasn't really built up enough to be effective as a 'there's hope but then it's snatched away' moment.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 22:13   Link #122
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
That's a good point. My only thought is that I don't think the show would be raising 'flee to Earth, falsify our records' as a possibility if it wasn't then going to follow through on it. It wasn't really built up enough to be effective as a 'there's hope but then it's snatched away' moment.
I thought they stretched it out so much that it was a dead give away that it wasn't going to work and was simply to show more desperation. I mean, they really go through the paces of saying :

"oh here's a phone, Kudelia"
"Okay, let me dial it"
"Oh no, as I dial as slowly as possible I realize the connection has been cut."

It would actually be really cruel if Rustal already knew about that small account as well as was just trying to see if they would jump at the bait. Cheese for the proverbial "rats" as it were. It would also make Tekkadan look even more like criminals since they are now running away and hiding.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 23:15   Link #123
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

To cheer us up in this depressing stage of Tekkadan (seriously, even Cookie & Cracker are being ostracized in school this episode!), I'll present you Tekka-Chu! and Nyallarhorn :

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakumode
MegaHouse has opened pre-orders for "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 3-Choume no Orphan-chu 2 (Chuu!)", the 2nd figure series recreating the cast as cats and mice!

The Iron-Blooded Orphans are often called “space rats,” so they’ve once again been turned into the real thing for this figure series based on the spin-off! The 2nd series includes Orga, Shino, and Eugene taking it easy with Nyallarhorn members McGillis, Ein and Gaelio.
Old 2017-03-12, 23:15   Link #124
haseo0408

Never before I have seen the heroes of a Gundam series be in such a desperate situation, no money, almost no weapons, their only ally is seemly powerless as well, they are surrounded by death in all sides, scape is their only option, victory a cruel dream. And yet MacGuilis is staring the advancing with such confidence that is freaking me out, Why? Simple, for me up until know McGuilis was a ruthless guy trying to change a nighmarish world but he´s cornered and the guy respects power in any form so heis ace in the hole must be something powerful enough to turn the tide for good and the commander of the space port said that the wheels of fortune could turn either way and the only weapon I could imagine is a MOBILE ARMOR. If he indeed intends to unleash an abomination like that he would no longer be a well intention extremist, just a lunatic, all sides will burn down if those monsters enter the stage.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 23:44   Link #125
tdx

I suppose I can officially call this annoying feeling in my chest disappointment now. I guess I would've preferred a more traditional - for the lack of a better word - ending where Tekkadan gets to realize their ambition to be the Kings of Mars at least partially, yet what we're looking at seems like a life on the run, not even on the same planet, and even if not on the run somehow, still very far from the position of influence where they can change life for the better not just for themselves but for orphans like them and Mars in general. I would've been fine with that kind of ending in season 1 because it meant we'd have a whole season to change things, but as the final ending with nothing else incoming? I'm sad and disappointed.

@Wing Kigu
As much I'm disappointed with where the show is heading, your evil fantasy of a dedicated hater isn't happening. Ogawa advised viewers not to count Tekkadan out just yet and said they're used to fighting overwhelming odds, and the VAs said there will be hope in the end.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 23:57   Link #126
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeatmebrah123 View Post
I could be wrong there maybe other new interviews but the creator here assures us that Kudelia is meant to be Mike's love interest at least by gun dam logic or its left out in the open. So ha (jk)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feat...gundam/.111280
Well I´m certain that after that conversation with Mika and Atra Kudelia is might be pregnant as well, one of the very few good news is that the little harem Mikazuki has is going well. I´m starting to think that the real hope in all of this might be the end of Gallajhorn for good, as someone said before MacGuillis, Rustal and Gaelio are the only ones that continue the legacy as of right now so if they die in the final battle Gallajhorn will lose their precious Seven Stars and the organiztion will crumble into dust before long.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 00:17   Link #127
tdx

I think we're all forgetting about McGillis' Montag company. If anything, that's money and resources right there. In season 1 it was Montag who provided spare parts for Tekkadan's MSs including Barbatos. Plus, we've seen Todo pull up a truck possibly bringing something in to Tekkadan for storage at the beginning of s2. I'm grasping at the straws but what if that something was another forbidden weapon of mass distruction like Dainsleif, and that's what Eugene discovers in the PV. Unlikely though, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeatmebrah123 View Post
I could be wrong there maybe other new interviews but the creator here assures us that Kudelia is meant to be Mike's love interest at least by gun dam logic or its left out in the open. So ha (jk)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feat...gundam/.111280
That article is just someone's opinion. I don't remember any of the staff talking in their interviews (and I've read plenty, I'm collecting the magazines where IBO is featured) about Kudelia in the context of her being Mika's love interest. Or them ever saying there was love between them. In fact, the correlation diagram in IBO: Mechanics & World has "Trust?" for the connection between them (while featuring blatant "love" for the connection from Atra). Also, almost every time when someone of the staff talked about Kudelia, Atra was immediately remembered as well, and they even call them "the two heroines" all the time. At first I was puzzled, but now that Atra is Mika's confirmed love interest it all makes sense.

As to Kudelia getting pregnant... oh boy, the strength of those shipper glasses some of you have on is certainly something.

Last edited by tdx; 2017-03-13 at 01:00.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 01:17   Link #128
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
I suppose I can officially call this annoying feeling in my chest disappointment now. I guess I would've preferred a more traditional - for the lack of a better word - ending where Tekkadan gets to realize their ambition to be the Kings of Mars at least partially, yet what we're looking at seems like a life on the run, not even on the same planet, and even if not on the run somehow, still very far from the position of influence where they can change life for the better not just for themselves but for orphans like them and Mars in general. I would've been fine with that kind of ending in season 1 because it meant we'd have a whole season to change things, but as the final ending with nothing else incoming? I'm sad and disappointed.

@Wing Kigu
As much I'm disappointed with where the show is heading, your evil fantasy of a dedicated hater isn't happening. Ogawa advised viewers not to count Tekkadan out just yet and said they're used to fighting overwhelming odds, and the VAs said there will be hope in the end.
And cynically speaking, you need Tekkadan functional enough to be in SRW, or unless they pull a Dangaioh and make an ending just for the series given it's cancellation
Old 2017-03-13, 01:24   Link #129
Skaddix

I be more confident in Tekkadan stepping up if Orga and Kudelia had shown any sort of S1 Moxie where they flex their Tactical and Diplomatic Skills.

Right now it seems what is likely to change the tides is McGillis flipping the proverbially table unleashing another Mobile Armor.

Everyone dying but Atra, The Baby and Kudelia is not a hopeful ending in my book. Maybe if Tekkadan takes down all of Gjhallahorn while doing so. But only Mika having any Legacy left aint good enough in my book.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 01:59   Link #130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, back in season 1, the only time Tekkadan faced the total domination and sheer size and power of the forces that they were up against was when Arianrhod were trying to stop their advance to Earth in the Dort area. That situation was pretty much a checkmate for Tekkadan if not for Kudelia’s action that stopped the grand fleet dead on their track. Tekkadan didn’t get the chance to taste the power of the mighty fleet back then. I like how that event was pretty much a first glimpse of what Tekkadan will have to face in the future as their final and greatest enemy.

Now Tekkadan gets to taste the real power of Arianrhod and, consistently enough, Tekkadan got their asses handed to them royally. The question is, will we have a repeat of season 1? Will Kudelia save Tekkadan again from Arianrhod somehow? Can they use that PR card again? It’ll certainly be hard, but maybe not impossible to stop Arianrhod again with the help of external influences. In hindsight, what made Arianrhod stopped back then is due to Rustal himself didn’t want his fleet’s reputation tarnished by being seen openly killing an innocent diplomat on public television coz it’s shown that he cared so much about PR this season. So maybe Arianrhod can be stopped with the threat of a really bad PR somehow? I don’t know how to pull it off though. Arianrhod is away from Earth and they have the power to cut off Tekkadan's communication, so they can pretty much do whatever they want here.

Aside from that, I can't see victory against Arianrhod except using MAs or the very slim chance of Teiwaz and Nobliss join forces to help the Tekkies.
Old 2017-03-13, 02:14   Link #131
Skaddix

Yeah well back then Kudelia and Orga were on their A Game. Kudelia hasn't been on her A Game All Season. Orga has been missing for half the season. Mika was the last to catch the infection
Old 2017-03-13, 02:22   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah well back then Kudelia and Orga were on their A Game. Kudelia hasn't been on her A Game All Season. Orga has been missing for half the season. Mika was the last to catch the infection
You can say that the exhaustive nature of being a CEO really gets to Orga & Kudelia which arguably has never experienced by previous Gundam protags before (expect maybe for Diana & Marina) . Relena's leadership of her country in Wing is laughable and even Lacus didn't manage the Terminal by herself in SEED as she had Andrew & Martin to take care of things.
Old 2017-03-13, 02:38   Link #133
comeatmebrah123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
I think we're all forgetting about McGillis' Montag company. If anything, that's money and resources right there. In season 1 it was Montag who provided spare parts for Tekkadan's MSs including Barbatos. Plus, we've seen Todo pull up a truck possibly bringing something in to Tekkadan for storage at the beginning of s2. I'm grasping at the straws but what if that something was another forbidden weapon of mass distruction like Dainsleif, and that's what Eugene discovers in the PV. Unlikely though, but...

That article is just someone's opinion. I don't remember any of the staff talking in their interviews (and I've read plenty, I'm collecting the magazines where IBO is featured) about Kudelia in the context of her being Mika's love interest. Or them ever saying there was love between them. In fact, the correlation diagram in IBO: Mechanics & World has "Trust?" for the connection between them (while featuring blatant "love" for the connection from Atra). Also, almost every time when someone of the staff talked about Kudelia, Atra was immediately remembered as well, and they even call them "the two heroines" all the time. At first I was puzzled, but now that Atra is Mika's confirmed love interest it all makes sense.

As to Kudelia getting pregnant... oh boy, the strength of those shipper glasses some of you have on is certainly something.

U are entitled to your opinion but she fits the thing to a tea of the typical gundam heroine. If thats the case they should have not spent time developing their relationship. In fact is argue iys more well developed on screen than the one he had with atra. The ones they (mika and atra) shared in season 2 were limited. Lets make a baby = love. Makes sense. He hasn't displayed any signs of caring for one over the other so how can u say he doesn't love them both equally. Sure kudelia took a step back in season 2. Then if its all confirmed as u say why did mila also not mind making babies with her so nonchalantly. It makes no sense unless he loves them both. If u give me that bs that oh he doesn't know what love is then u can't say he's with atra either. Plus the scene where all three of them are together. If they wanted to reaffirm it it shouldn't have kudelia there unless they are having polygamy stance
comeatmebrah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 02:40   Link #134
Skaddix

I could see that argument for Orga. I don't like it but I can see it.

But Kudelia has been worthless on the PR Front.

Really we know Rustal cares a great deal about Optics. So if these characters were written at their A-Game.

McGillis: Should have walked off with a bunch of blackmail files that paint Rustal and Other Leaders as monsters. Not that hard I am looking at Iok for the Turbines and Rustal for the Dort Massace. Toss in dear old dad as molester. Then he can go off and get some secret weapon like he is doing now.

Kudelia: Should be taking that data and delivering a speech about how McGillis and Tekkadan are the heroes and Gjhallahorn and Rustal are evil. To get Public Opinion back on Tekkadan's side. She should also probably gotten Makanai to help her replace dear old Dad. Maybe use that position to apply some pressure to get Nobliss to cough up some cash and resources.

Orga: Should have been delivering a rallying speech and then coming up with tactics to beat Rustal. Its ground battle on your home turf. Maybe he should have recorded that chat with Rustal and gotten a few incriminating lines that Kudelia can use in speech. While Kudelia hands him some resources to get their weapons restocked and back on track.

Mika: Just has to finalize the kills. And no hold back.

That give me hope they had a chance. Because only McGillis looks in anyway proactive. The rest have been essentially waiting to die. Like come on like Rustal is going to be so incompetent that they just change their IDs and Run.

As for what Mika Loves. Its still Orga First...Atra and Baby are a distant second.
Old 2017-03-13, 02:42   Link #135
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You'd be surprised what can be forgotten between generations especially if even talking about is practically taboo and it's been 300 years. People can forget. I mean, Iok, the direct descendant of one of the top fighters in the Calamity War, forgot the very enemy that his ancestor fought to get him that position in the Seven Stars in the first place! It would be like Americans forgetting that it was Great Britain who they fought against during the American Revolution. Or the French forgetting what happened on Bastille Day. I'm sure if no one mentioned that stuff every year, people would have forgotten that stuff too.
I'm pretty sure a lot of French have forgotten what happened on Bastille Day, if only because we don't call it Bastille Day.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 02:44   Link #136
Skaddix

Fascinating what is called in France?
Old 2017-03-13, 02:45   Link #137
Skye629

To be fair to Kudelia the plot really moved away from her, there really was no helping it that she took a backseat

Orga's definitely cracked under all the stress, so nothing more to say there

Mika only got hit by the plot hammer once when he let Julietta go, but other than that he's been the same
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 02:53   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Mika only got hit by the plot hammer once when he let Julietta go, but other than that he's been the same
Don't forget Carta. Mika let Carta go too in their first fight after she killed Biscuit.
Old 2017-03-13, 02:57   Link #139
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Don't forget Carta. Mika let Carta go too in their first fight after she killed Biscuit.
Ah should have clarified I was only talking Season 2, sorta just assumed that it would be taken as so since were talking about the final stuff in this run

I guess you could make the excuse that he was deeply bothered by his comrades deaths on the inside at the time, along with orders being issued to him, but its a sorta weak argument
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 02:59   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Fascinating what is called in France?
La Fête Nationale (Nation's Day), or even more commonly, le 14 Juillet (July the 14th).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote