2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.94%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-26, 03:31   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 49 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 49.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 03:47   Link #2
Irenesharda

Well, despite last episode's downer, this episode was actually a bit of pick me up. Against all odds, its Mika himself that rallies the troops after they all learn of Orga's death. He gives them the inspiring speech in Orga's place and it looks like everyone is working to escape while Mika, Hush, Eugene, Akihiro and some kids all hold the line.

Oh, and yes they did confirm that Nobliss was behind the hit on Orga.

McGillis gets up to his ship and basically gives his men and Todo a goodbye speech and plans to do a one-man assault against Rustal. And does he!
He uses his last ship to ram into Rustal's forces. He then proceeds to use Bael to basically one man stomp all of Rustal's forces and ships. To be honest, if Kimaris hadn't come out, Macky would had taken out Rustal single-handed!

But Gaelio is obsessed and the two go at it, which Macky beating the heck out of Gaelio. But Gali is desperate and he runs Kimaris Vidar and the E-system to the very limit finally stabbing Macky's cockpit.

The face off of Gali and Macky was both good and also kind of frustrating since it's a little bit too little too late for Gaelio's character for me, but I'm glad that they do get to have a sort of heart to heart.
Now that Macky is dead and Gali alive, and with Almiria firmly taking Macky's side declaring herself his wife, I think Gali is going to take up Bael now that Kimaris is kaput and will finish McGillis' job.

Oh, on the ground, it's Hush we lose this time. And I think Mika will continue to fight until the very end. We are coming to the very last episode but with no PV, I have no idea how it's going to play out. Also, Julietta's back, though I'm not really sure if she's going to be doing anything.

Edit: The PV doesn't tell us much of anything with shots of everyone but anyone important really.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-26 at 05:50.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 04:33   Link #3
tdx

Well, yeah, I was right, Orga died for Mika's so called character development, hahaha. TTGL carbon copy, to a t.

And even after this some people are still in denial about character assassinations all over the place and the show going downhill fast. It could've been a really good Gundam, yet at this point even Destiny is starting to look better, at least it never pretended to be anything other than the trainwreck it was.

Gakkari da wa.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 04:37   Link #4
vic-vic

To be fair, McGillis looks no less obessed in his battle with Gaelio. And honestly, his speech about how brute strength is must be the sole judge of everything is a very good show that his new world vision are even more fucked that Gjallarhorn ruled one. In such world the weak ones would be in even deeper shit!

And, despite all his underhand actions, Rustal, without a doubt have a steel balls. Even when his ship's captain panic before the Bael's rampage, he calmly ask him to cool off and let Gaelio fight McGillis.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 04:45   Link #5
Irenesharda

Sure, brute force was important, but I think the idea was more so that he wanted to create a world where people could live as humans and they could get ahead my their own power and less having to do with birthright or having the right connections. I will always admire his underlining ideals and what he set out to do.
It didn't work out this time, but eventually someone is going to succeed where he failed.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 05:03   Link #6
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Sure, brute force was important, but I think the idea was more so that he wanted to create a world where people could live as humans and they could get ahead my their own power and less having to do with birthright or having the right connections. I will always admire his underlining ideals and what he set out to do.
It didn't work out this time, but eventually someone is going to succeed where he failed.
Yeah, I believe that too. The fight between McGillis and Gaelio was great, but I found Almiria's declaration to be really incredible. It showed how strong she has become.

Hush's death was really heartbreaking! He wasn't my favourite character, but the way he held out despite being injured was a true show of his character.

Edit: And, I like how Mikazuki is so loyal to Orga. It shows how strong their bond is.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2017-03-26 at 12:28.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:11   Link #7
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
And, I like how Mikazuki is still loyal to Orga even after his death.
I'm purely curious, but why do you think Mika wouldn't be loyal to Orga anymore?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 05:23   Link #8
PhoenixRising

Quote:
I'm purely curious, but why do you think Mika wouldn't be loyal to Orga anymore?
Sorry, I wasn't implying that he stopped being loyal. I just like the idea of that kind of loyalty. It shows how strong their brotherly bond is.

It's also because his devotion to Orga reminds me of Waver Velvet from Fate/Zero.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:31   Link #9
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I'm sorry, I wasn't implying that he stopped being loyal. I just like the idea of that kind of loyalty. It shows how strong their brotherly bond is.

It's also because his devotion to Orga reminds me of Waver Velvet from Fate/Zero.
Ahh, okay. Yes, I really like the connection too. I kind of like how they handled in that they had Mika step up since protecting what was most important to Orga would be his priority. But I also like that you can they didn't suddenly make him sane or well-adjusted on anything either. You can still see in his eyes that he's on the edge of sanity, slightly unhinged and is sort of holding it back in order to get this last battle done. Also, he still asks Orga for his next command, however, he just knows Orga so well that he doesn't even need Orga to physically be there to know what his order would be.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 05:32   Link #10
fat_shit

The episode is not on gundamunfo

just a questions, where do you guys find the episode? i can find it and it isnt anywhere
fat_shit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:38   Link #11
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_shit View Post
just a questions, where do you guys find the episode? i can find it and it isnt anywhere
Try here
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:39   Link #12
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_shit View Post
For me, I watch it on TV, but it should be coming out pretty soon on Gundaminfo, Daisuki and the other sites. Probably in about half an hour or so, maybe less.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 05:43   Link #13
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
But Gaelio is obsessed and the two go at it, which Macky beating the heck out of Gaelio. But Gali is desperate and he runs Kimaris Vidar and the E-system to the very limit finally stabbing Macky's cockpit.

The face off of Gali and Macky was both good and also kind of frustrating since it's a little bit too little too late for Gaelio's character for me, but I'm glad that they do get to have a sort of heart to heart.
Now that Gali is dead and Macky alive, and with Almiria firmly taking Macky's side declaring herself his wife, I think Gali is going to take up Bael now that Kimaris is kaput and will finish McGillis' job.
Which one is true..?? Gali dies, Macky lives or vice versa..?

EDIT: episode 49 is on YouTube..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:50   Link #14
vic-vic

Gelio lives and Mackie eat a bullet
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 05:51   Link #15
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Which one is true..?? Gali dies, Macky lives or vice versa..?

EDIT: episode 49 is on YouTube..
OmG *blush* thank you for catching that. (and edited!) McGillis died, Gaelio lives.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 05:59   Link #16
K30nu

Who is death, gali or macky?
If gali death why would be he will use bael?
K30nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:01   Link #17
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by K30nu View Post
Who is death, gali or macky?
If gali death why would be he will use bael?
McGillis is dead. And the Kimaris is totally busted. The Bael is also damaged, but still useable.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:01   Link #18
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
OmG *blush* thank you for catching that. (and edited!) McGillis died, Gaelio lives.
I wonder if Gali feels empty after that..? (I hope he didn't ended like Louise). While Almiria becomes the youngest widow..

And RIP Hush, I didn't expected you to die..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-26, 06:04   Link #19
Irenesharda

I think Gali feels confused. He's lived all this time to kill Macky and now that he's dead, it probably doesn't feel as sweet as he'd thought. Also Macky's feelings aren't totally what he thought either.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-26, 06:08   Link #20
CristianR

That motivational speech of Mika was the best thing of the chapter, and the truth that this Gundam does not disappoint, the death of Orga was the best thing that could happen to this series.

We will see in the next chapter those who receive their deserved. :O
CristianR is offline   Reply With Quote