Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 02:10   Link #7281
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
has any FMP characters aside from mao and kurz made any appearances in another?
As far as I know, u will not find any other character from original FMP. But hey, it's just the beginning of the series, we still have a chance of seeing Sousuke, Kaname and their kid!
Old 2014-08-09, 11:06   Link #7282
MisterBaka

[and only the dead stand along the road with scythes... in silence (с)]
So, volume 8 of Another will be out on August, 20.
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_...d=321405000008
Can anyone translate the text in the announcement? Googletranslate gives me some crazy interpretations.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 11:50   Link #7283
psicomenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
[and only the dead stand along the road with scythes... in silence (с)]
So, volume 8 of Another will be out on August, 20.
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_...d=321405000008
Can anyone translate the text in the announcement? Googletranslate gives me some crazy interpretations.
Thank you for the link, that girl reminds me of Kana-chan.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 11:50   Link #7284
FeistyDreams

If I'm reading it right...
"In support of Geotron's treachery, the Republic of Galnstan (Garunasutan) revolts against Russia. Caught up in the whirlpool of conspiracy, Tatsuya and the others of the reborn DOMS throw themselves into it. The end of war is complicated, will the boys see a catastrophe they couldn't have imagined?"
Old 2014-08-12, 11:02   Link #7285
MisterBaka

Quote:
Republic of Galnstan (Garunasutan) revolts against Russia
Waitaminute... "-stan" is a Central Asian affix. It's Kazakhstan! They are making a story about a corporate-sponsored coup in Kazakhstan. Awesome.
But... Really? REALLY???
What the hell is with all the Russia in my FMP? I'm flattered, but seriously... are we supposed to be the good guys here? Lina, Mikhailov, secondary characters with Russian names - is this Gatoh and Ooguro's idea of an exotic nationality? XD Or is it just the hottest country in the news right now?
Old 2014-08-15, 01:44   Link #7286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the Cold War lasted longer in their world, so naturally there will be something between the western based powers and the eastern based powers still.
Old 2014-08-16, 18:34   Link #7287
Silverkite
moetastic !

Oh nice a purple Blaze Raven,now Bandai will do another effin repaint instead of doing FMP! Eligor and Amalgam's Shadows
Old 2014-08-21, 09:11   Link #7288
MisterBaka

All right, my fellow decadents, it's time to see Lina fanservice again with Another v8 scans!

Spoiler for Pics:

Last edited by MisterBaka; 2014-08-21 at 09:47.
Old 2014-08-22, 23:33   Link #7289
Esg

Can someone summerize everything about FMP Another to me please?
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:21   Link #7290
FeistyDreams

The girl in the Jindai uniform with the pigtails is Tatsuya's sister Yukari. I'm guessing Tatsuya missed graduation, from the looks of the picture, so I think about 8 or 9 months has passed since the series began.

I'm not sure who that is with Clara... it looks like Tatsuya to me, but I dunno why his hair wouldn't be inked when Clara's is, so maybe it is Ronny... I don't think I've seen any pics of him in Another yet, so I wouldn't recognize him all grown up. Gah. I've gotta wait a month before I can order it so I can get the FMP! tabletop book at the same time, I won't be able to poke through the book to find answers for nearly 2 months, with how long it'll take to arrive after the order Q_Q

Ahh, sorry, Esg! If you look back in this thread you'll find summaries up to volume... 4? by HunterSeeker. I don't remember how many he posted summaries of... Other than that, I'm pretty lost, since I haven't really tried sitting down and reading it myself...

I'll have better luck with the manga, at least it has furigana so I don't have to look up every other kanji x_x I wanna say the manga is now up to volume 5 of the novels...? Based on the serialization I get out of ComicWalker anyways, if I've guess right... (and one day I might actually read it instead of just talking about maybe reading it...)
Old 2014-08-25, 10:31   Link #7291
MisterBaka

Quote:
The girl in the Jindai uniform with the pigtails is Tatsuya's sister Yukari. I'm guessing Tatsuya missed graduation, from the looks of the picture, so I think about 8 or 9 months has passed since the series began.
Damn. I completely forgot about her. And I liked her in the first books from spoilers and pictures.

Quote:
'm not sure who that is with Clara... it looks like Tatsuya to me, but I dunno why his hair wouldn't be inked when Clara's is, so maybe it is Ronny...
That's him allright. Same hair, same suit:
Spoiler for pic:

I would give anything for a translated FMP Another novel T_T
Old 2014-08-26, 23:59   Link #7292
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Damn. I completely forgot about her. And I liked her in the first books from spoilers and pictures.

That's him allright. Same hair, same suit:
Spoiler for pic:

I would give anything for a translated FMP Another novel T_T
Well he sure grew up nice!

Hng, oh man, seriously... So sad that translation doesn't seem to have happened... I know a lot of things come up, and interest plays a big part in it, but it's been, what, 2 or 3 years now since it was said they'd translate it, after it won that poll? Q___Q
Old 2014-08-27, 11:29   Link #7293
MisterBaka

Yeah, Russian translation from Japanese seems to have been postponed as well.
It's painful how the novels are the perfect thing to be translated and actually won a popularity contest, but hasn't been translated anyway.
Just who do I have to appease, bribe or seduce to get it done? (-_-)
Old 2014-08-27, 16:55   Link #7294
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
[...] appease, bribe or seduce [...]
Don't think that would work. I'd recommend blackmailing, kidnapping or life-threatening instead ... you know... Sousuke style.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:57   Link #7295
MisterBaka

Quote:
Don't think that would work. I'd recommend blackmailing, kidnapping or life-threatening instead
I'm a diplomat! Kidnapping, life-threatening and panty theft are plan B! XD
Old 2014-09-03, 01:58   Link #7296
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Well he sure grew up nice!

Hng, oh man, seriously... So sad that translation doesn't seem to have happened... I know a lot of things come up, and interest plays a big part in it, but it's been, what, 2 or 3 years now since it was said they'd translate it, after it won that poll? Q___Q
Yep, little rony is now a junior team leader in the navy seals, his team personally saved tatsuya and kikuno from an exploding factory and some centuria unmanned AS that they were battling in the Carpathian mountains near Romania in vol 6. Rony apparently still lives with Tessa who should be 28 years old at least by now.

The current reborn DOMS team set up is Tatsuya in assault raven 1, blue colored and Jack of all stat with some melee specialization. Blaze raven
Adelina in assault raven 2, red and firepower focused. Blast raven
Yosuf after losing his Wolf in Romania is now in assault raven 3, black and melee electronic warfare ninja. Phantom raven
Kikuno after losing her m9, basically defected to DOMS because she is semi_gauron crazy about tatsuya, plus her old bosses betrayed her and In directly caused her brother's death. Female not! Gauron is in assault raven 4,purple, heavily armoured and slow but is deadly in medium to close range combat. Aegis raven.

Then of course there is still Samira in her Zy-99M shadow. The ever loyal bodyguard/maid to prince Yusuf.

All assault ravens are equipped with a very very very shitty and simple TAROs drive which is the Japanese 's poor man's attempt at recreating the "mystery" device found in the unknown white AS that crashed in Tokyo 10 years ago. None of the assault raven pilots are aware that such things like the lambda driver exists.
Unfortunately only Chinese translation are up to speed at volume 7, with official translation currently at vol5.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-09-08 at 12:12.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 09:41   Link #7297
MisterBaka

Quote:
Kikuno after losing her m9, basically defected to DOMS because she is semi_gauron crazy about tatsuya
I like this girl =)
Old 2014-09-03, 17:45   Link #7298
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
I like this girl =)
she is essentially Gauron + Gates merged together as a teenage girl and very much in love with the MC, it didn't help that tatsuya was her first Kiss and later on they pulled the trigger on the shot that mercy killed Kikuno's brother at the same time together. All of the above continues to add to her belief that their destinies are forever tied together, Much to Adelina's ire of course. They even got the whole Betty and Veronica thing going with their hair and whatnot. The two of them actively tried to kill each other in battles before in vol 6 over the matters of Tatsuya. Their private Communications in combat is basically Adelina getting trolled by Kikuno and Rage ensues. One is a Yandere the other is a Tsundere Though now that they are forced to work together on the same team, i can only imagine the hilarity that is to come.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2014-09-03 at 18:09.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 09:19   Link #7299
MisterBaka

Quote:
e is essentially Gauron + Gates merged together as a teenage gir
The perfect woman... the goddess (c)
XD

Quote:
Their private Communications in combat is basically Adelina getting trolled by Kikuno and Rage ensues. One is a Yandere the other is a Tsundere
Oh my god, somebody, please, translate Another! I can barely take it anymore with all the wonderful stuff in there.
Old 2014-09-04, 09:37   Link #7300
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
One is a Yandere the other is a Tsundere Though now that they are forced to work together on the same team, i can only imagine the hilarity that is to come.
Glorious combination.

Though I'm not updated on the story. Last time I checked is the manga of fullmental sigma.

Is FMP another the next on the story?

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen