Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-13, 19:34   Link #1
msgpoisoning

Gamespy World Of Warcraft Burning Crusade Preview

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-wa.../725327p1.html

highlights:

The Obvious
- lvl 70 cap, 2 new races, horde get pally & alliance get shamans, new dungeons & areas, flying mounts blah blah blah

The New-ISH
- all raid dungeons released in the future will have a cap of 25 people
- GLADIATOR ARENAS! WOOP WOOP! 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5! Fight against people from alliance and horde! Someone in your faction being an ass? Kill em!
- Current Honor System will be REPLACED with a new system! No more hardcare honor farming 24/7 until your eyes bleed!
- Paladins get a TAUNT ability, and Shamans get BLOODLUST!!!
- 1.12 Patch World PvP expanded upon greatly (i.e. capture & hold neutral towns that have amenities, quests, etc)

That's all i remember for now, read article for complete details.

I seriously wasn't interested in the expansion before, but after reading the gamespy article I might actually buy it. The thing that won me over is gladiator 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 pvp. Being able to party with your friends and fight against other people like in Guild Wars. And the fact that they are going to revamp the Honor system. Now I just need to get better gear, all i have is tier 0 blues.

On second thought.... i'm actually hoping the game will suck, then maybe i can pass my classes this year.
msgpoisoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 22:54   Link #2
wnkryo
HainShodan

Meh... WoW >.>

I'm waiting for WC4
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 16:13   Link #3
shiron

Send a message via AIM to shiron Send a message via MSN to shiron
Yea new race alliance and horde both will have paladin/shaman class i just help me causin farm of the storm that cost 200g-300g around i check in alakazan website
shiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 05:32   Link #4
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

what makes me kinda mad (and virtually feel like quitting) is the 25-man cap on raids. I'm in a raiding guild. Happily banging my head on new content, wiping and eventually beating a boss.

When the expansion comes out...it's like telling 37.5% of the 40-man raid (which has WIPED alongside with me on Vaelastrasz, Nefarian, Twin Emperors, C'thun and in Naxxramas), "hey guys, it was fun playing with ya all. sorry but u guys don't have a spot anymore, kk?". It's just downright painful. Sitting out on standby for hours is 100% NOT fun at all.

Then comes the suggestion of recruiting more to field 2 raid teams. Easier said than done. Who decides which classes / players go to which raid team (not to mention we're on different lock-out timers at times)? When there's a lack of "X" class players, what do we do? Gimp the "main" raid for the "secondary" raid? Not to mention the drama and competitiveness (negatively, I may add) between the 2 raids. It's a total nightmare to run 2 raid teams and it's almost as good (or bad, as one may look at it) as having 2 entirely separate guilds.

I think Blizzard is screwing over the current raiding guilds which has recruited and centred themselves over 40-man content such as AQ40, Naxxramas, etc. However, I can also see their logic. Less number cap = smaller guilds can raid = more customers staying. So, in a sense, they're thinking along the lines of "sacrifice a few for the majority". Valid thinking? Certainly. Pleasing to this raider? Unfortunately...not.