AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 15:11   Link #61
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
The 8 first minutes of the Movie
http://uk.dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14...en_111008.html

Also the 3 next minutes
http://uk.dvd.ign.com/dor/objects/14...ed_111008.html
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 00:26   Link #62
EternalDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Yup, seen it. Voice syncing wasn't that good. Will still watch it regardless
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 10:38   Link #63
ershin

Looks likes this one's out...

Last edited by ershin; 2008-12-04 at 15:04.
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 19:03   Link #64
NakedAngelX

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! Didn't live up to the expectation, but still good

The good: the action and movement animations is superb.

Bad: Face animation sucks royal ass, no expression. Leon looks like a stone throughout the whole movie.
Spoiler for Angela Boob:

Spoiler for Storyline:

2nd Movie! 2nd Movie! And next time don't forget to make the face more alive
Old 2008-12-05, 03:31   Link #65
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Well, the acting is stiff and the animation cheap by 2008 standards.

But heh, good ol zombie fun!
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 10:45   Link #66
Sander RX

Nice appetizer for RE5.
Spoiler for Degeneration:
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 13:29   Link #67
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler for movie:
Old 2008-12-06, 15:38   Link #68
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Spoiler for soilz:
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 00:31   Link #69
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Spoiler for Angela Boob:

Spoiler:

Yeah, the voice synchonization turned out badly, but otherwise it was definitely great for RE fans. I've personally never played RE, but have kept up with the franchise ever since its genesis. Here's to hoping that they keep the franchise up!

-PD
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 01:02   Link #70
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Angela's Drama....ewww..I don't like Angela. It was great! Claire is so awesome as usual. Ahohoho!
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 02:05   Link #71
sayde

I watched this not expecting much out of it. Fortunately, it turned out to be better than I thought it would. At the very least, I found it more enjoyable than the RE movies. Obviously, there were some aspects of the film that could definitely be improved upon, but I wish more companies would do things like this -- in other words, if someone gets the bright idea to make a movie based off a video game franchise, I'd prefer it if they kept it far away from the live action genre.

Overall, I too give it a 7/10. Now I need to find the song that plays during the end credits.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 13:30   Link #72
xanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I watched this not expecting much out of it. Fortunately, it turned out to be better than I thought it would. At the very least, I found it more enjoyable than the RE movies. Obviously, there were some aspects of the film that could definitely be improved upon, but I wish more companies would do things like this -- in other words, if someone gets the bright idea to make a movie based off a video game franchise, I'd prefer it if they kept it far away from the live action genre.

Overall, I too give it a 7/10. Now I need to find the song that plays during the end credits.
I don't know, I haven't seen the Live-Action movies (besides 20 minutes of the second one) but I was really disappointed with this. Compared to a lot of the games, the gore was relatively minor and unimpressive, and the plot seemed pretty predictable and formulaic to me.

Spoiler for Setting:

Spoiler for Characters:

Spoiler for Overall:

Quite honestly, I'd say the opposite and give it a 3 out of 10. That said, the ending theme is called "Guilty Fever" by someone named Anna Tsuchiya. Enjoy.
xanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 21:23   Link #73
TigerII
Pilot in Training

^^^ This was nothing more than fan service. Everyone wants Claire from the old fans and the new fans wanted Leon.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 21:54   Link #74
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was entertaining. better than the live action movies. I wanted more of Claire, but you can't get everything you want. plus i laughed out loud where she was armed with only the umbrella. irony at its greatest.

the ending segways into RE5 with that new pharmaceutical company coming into the picture.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 14:21   Link #75
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW AND NECRO

PROLOGUE
I am not a fan of the games but I know well of the events and the characters in the franchise. Allow me to mention how a non-fanboy felt while watching this movie.

ART SECTION: 8/10 [Shoot them in the head! It increases the ratings!]
-Being fully CGI and with a huge fame behind it, the expectations were pretty high. The movie did transmit the imagery from the games in a high degree. All the areas were reminiscent of locations and events from the games, which does make it likable to the fans.
-The quality of the polygons was very good, especially in the explosions and the machinery.
-Yet, in the area of the character figures it felt rather sloppy, as they moved in a fake matter most of the time because of the lack in proper physics. They walked like robots and interacted with other objects in a not-believable way. The best example in the field remains Advent Children, which does a far better job at feeling realistic (not just looking) despite being made several years ago.
-Other minor glitches is the censorship of blood and gore, as when someone is bitten by a zombie or a zombie’s head blows up, the camera moves away and lets it imply that it happened. That totally ruined the shocking aspect of the movie; probably done to make it accessible to a wider audience. Too bad; it ruined my fun.
-The movie did include several cinematics, widely used in zombie movies in order to invoke fear or excitement. It also had plenty of gunfights and explosions to please a typical viewer who expects a lot of brainless violence. Yet, all these felt very familiar to most Hollywood movies and personally I felt like I was watching a rerun rather a new movie. Because nothing was original in the way the plot unfolded. I have seen it a thousand times already and it ceased to be scary or exciting anymore. That essentially means that the movie used a tired formula of cinematics that no longer make an impact on you. Visually, it was great to watch but aesthetically it felt old-fashioned and predictable.

SOUND SECTION: 6/10 [Die monster! Die! TAKATAKATAKA! KABOOM! ARGH!]
The music themes and the special effects made me feel like I was watching a typical action film, so it didn’t took much time to forget them entirely. Voice acting was ok, although I have issues with how they talked and how fitting their lips were moving. The dialogues were dry and boring, with lip-sync being almost absent. Generally, it was an average treatment.

STORY SECTION: 3/10 [Deza vu ?]
If I could describe the story in a flash that would be “A rehash of what we already saw in the games.” It felt like I was watching the same events happening all over again; this time in a far less important way. What I mean:
Spoiler:

CHARACTER SECTION: 4/10 [Do you like my hairdo? Come on punk, make my day.]
My God, the cast was so cheesy! Goes well with the story being Swiss cheese from all the plot holes. The most stereotypical American archetypes are present and brought a bitter taste to my mouth from the very first minute I layed my eyes on them. What I mean:
Spoiler:

VALUE SECTION: 3/10 [How much do you give for the T-virus?]
Sure, the name alone will make it valuable. Yet, I doubt even fans of the games will watch it more than once, as it adds nothing new as a RE movie or as a zombie movie or even as a CGI movie.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 3/10 [Want some pop-corn?]
-Visually, it was ok although I have seen far better.
-The story really sucked as it was not just simple, but also full of convenient events that forced the plot to unfold in ways the heroes had no way of knowing or preventing. I mean, the bad guy was installing bombs and spreading zombie-virus in high security places all the time, full of elite soldiers and guards on the lookout. Yet, nobody seemed to be able to take notice of a known criminal walking around in top-secret places like he owned the place or discovering any of the bombs.
-Not to mention how cliché all the characters acted, from the little Hindu girl being the only one to recognize the politician to the politician being generically acting like an asshole, down to the Tyrant spotting a tiny photograph in an area full of rubble and explosions.
-As for the action part, the movie was very Hollywood like, full of pointless explosions and shootings and cheesy dialogues you can find in a run-of-the-mill American b-movie.
-As for the feeling, it was similar to Romero’s zombie movies, which to be honest is a tired formula everyone keeps copying for the last 30 years and has long ceased to be interesting or scary. The horror genre has moved to other fields, where terror lies in the unknown, and left behind the image of grotesque monsters chasing teenage bimbos.

VERDICT: 4.5 / 10
How many identical zombie movies are there? I keep shooting them and they keep coming.

SUGGESTION LIST
Scary games: Silent Hill, Fatal Frame.
Scary movies: Ringu, In the Mouth of Madness, Event Horizon.
Great CGI movies: Advent Children, Appleseed.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote