AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-19, 13:34   Link #1201
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A new instance most likely. How long an instance is going to take in a movie is generally up in the air until the editors get to work.

So far, it seems highly likely that the 'Fate's backstory' bit is what they were talking about.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 13:57   Link #1202
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

There we go again. I'm abandoning ship, like, NOW.
Old 2009-12-19, 13:58   Link #1203
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
... I'm gonna be over there, not getting involved.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:00   Link #1204
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Why so much people has this discussion about Nanofate? So far I remember, in noone of the 3 seasons ever appeared any romantic relationship between any character. The Nanoha series had been more focused on family relationships and friendship that in romance, much less yuri romance. (Well, I'm just speaking for the first two seasons in this detail, some jerk in 7arcs though it would be funny to have two single womans living together and having an adoptive daughter calling them both "mama", now let's talk about fanservice )

What I'm thankfull with this anime is that unlike most of mahou shojos, it is focused in more action that romantic issues between the protagonista and varius other characters (Am I right Sakura?!)
Ship sunk.

Not once did the discussion have anything to do with Nanoha and Fate in a romantic relationship.
Their bonds together? Yes. But how Fate would like to pounce on Nanoha, or vise/vera? No.
Old 2009-12-19, 14:01   Link #1205
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Oh great, the horse's rotten meat AGAIN. Just when the news of the epic failure of Copenhagen reached my ears!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 14:01   Link #1206
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Indeed. Now let's get back to talking about how much time they might possibly allocate to Lindy VS Precia, IF they're ever going to show a fight scene for them.
Old 2009-12-19, 14:03   Link #1207
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Should such a scene make it into the film, I think it's only going to last a few minutes at most. Quite possibly with Lindy beating Precia (after all, Lindy is in far better health) and Precia activating... whatever she activated in the first season to make everything go berserk.

Same ending, different way of getting there.
Old 2009-12-19, 14:06   Link #1208
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

a couple minutes of fight between them is more than enough. I'm still interested in seeing how Lindy's style of using magic would tie in with the fairy wings homage. unless Precia forces her into a corner and she awakens... oh wait, wrong series
Old 2009-12-19, 14:50   Link #1209
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
If we get a Precia/Lindy fight in this movie, I still think Precia could hold her own against Lindy for a little while. Not very long because of her health, but we're told constantly in season one that she's a powerful mage in her own right. So I think she and Lindy would be on even footing for maybe a minute or two before her cough of death kicks in.
Old 2009-12-19, 19:39   Link #1210
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'll play the Devil's advocate for a bit... Namely, since it's only a movie, it's gonna be focused... I don't think we can get more chara development beyond 2? Because if they tried, they might get Bloated Cast Syndrome even though it's a lot smaller than StrikerS.
Old 2009-12-19, 19:44   Link #1211
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, it's possible. However that being said, while it's very possible to give enough development to sizable cast in a two hour time frame, the story has to be tailored to do so.

From what we've currently seen, a part of this story will go to Fate, Alicia, Linith and Precia. I am hesitant on trying determine where the rest of the story is focused with as little info as we have.
Old 2009-12-19, 21:40   Link #1212
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I imagine the very beginning of the movie will be when we see the background story with Fate, Alicia, Linith, and Precia and then have a timeskip to present day and Fate's conflict with Nanoha over the Jewel Seeds.
Old 2009-12-20, 02:22   Link #1213
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Lindy -vs- Precia

hmmmm...

Just for curiosity, did we ever saw Lindy fight on the past? (Manga, soundstage, anime, etc...)
Old 2009-12-20, 02:25   Link #1214
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Don't think we did, which is why we're so enthusiastic in looking forward to a Lindy fight scene.
Old 2009-12-20, 03:02   Link #1215
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lindy doing something cool would be nice. Considering Precia easily destroyed a entire group of redshirts when she's about to die... it's gonna be a hard fight.

I'd like to see Chrono in a big fight of his own too. One of my disappointments with StrikerS was that he was spending the whole thing sipping tea or something.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 03:06   Link #1216
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

His role in the cavalry isn't that much favorable either. Beefing up StrikerS space battles would've given him quite some limelight.
Old 2009-12-20, 03:08   Link #1217
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Space battles... hmm. Now that's something that's missing besides that big weapon they used in A's. Yea, those weapons on their big fancy ships could see some use.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 05:30   Link #1218
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Nothing beats the Cradle and several cruisers lining up and pounding each other broadside to broadside.

Chrono could've been all smug and dandy having managed to negotiate a handful of battlecruisers when Jail struck, allowing him to support the pinned Ground Force in stemming the Gadget tide. Then Jail pulls a lol-Cradle on him. Which then gives an opening for some historical significance, like say the Cradle having once annihilated an entire flotilla of several carrier battle groups on its own with it's fabled doomsday gun. And even without optimum altitude, can still fire a devastating strike every half hour or so. Chrono then realizes that he has to repeat that ancient battle, with only 5 ships, each a quarter the size of the Cradle.

The Cradle could've moved a lot faster, and so the 3 Hour time limit could've been just how long Chrono estimated he could keep the Cradle from ascending to orbit. And have him make that announcement while the command room is being rocked by turbolasers and drone attack runs wearing down his shields. Season with consoles randomly exploding in sparks.

Ah, what it could've been...
Old 2009-12-20, 07:02   Link #1219
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'd like to see Chrono in a big fight of his own too. One of my disappointments with StrikerS was that he was spending the whole thing sipping tea or something.
Chrono had something like that in S1, actually, when he singlehandedly took down a group of Precia's robot goons to make way for Nanoha and Yuuno. It was short, yes, but it was enough to make Nanoha (and IIRC Yuuno as well) go "Woah....!"

Sadly, that's all Chrono has for all the three seasons (I would love to see him fight in his adult-sized BJ, armed with Durandal). It would be nice if the movie will show him a bit more love.

And yes, a Lindy vs Precia fight will be nice, even if it has to end in a draw with Precia retreating to where she kept Alicia's body. Of course, given her condition, it won't be strange if she does an Izumi Curtis and spurts blood in the midst of an enthusiastic tirade .

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 15:55   Link #1220
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Sadly, that's all Chrono has for all the three seasons
Heeey, Chrono was cool when he binded his own sister in the manga. D:!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie