AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-12, 18:02   Link #1081
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*snerk*
I bet you can ask Miria how Male Awakened flesh messed her up.
Hint:
Old 2008-03-12, 18:09   Link #1082
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*snerk*
I bet you can ask Miria how Male Awakened flesh messed her up.
Hint:
I'm not sure what to say to that. But seriously wasn't Miria infused with normal yoma, so then she wouldn't be messed up.
Old 2008-03-12, 18:37   Link #1083
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I got the hint tempest! *wags tongue at others*. In all honesty I do not see how it would matter to the claymores as we have absolutely no idea if any of them have ever been infused with AB flesh at all. Not to mention that most youma seem to look exactly the same. If the one in Rabona is any indication, Youma do not seem to have genitals or gender, although someone could pull the shonen card on this. I think a youma can impersonate males and females alike. We know of no one with AB flesh as their base yet, so that is where the real question lies.

Spoiler for The answer to Tempest's Riddle:
Old 2008-03-12, 18:46   Link #1084
hell88
Banned

I get it now, thanks chibamonster, yeah I guess when that awakened beings tongue was in her stomach, that would probably mess her up for awhile. She probably tried to hide it though.
Old 2008-03-12, 20:00   Link #1085
Sci-Fi

Unless Clarice was another Clare experiment, Clare would be the only one that had Claymore flesh (Teresa) implanted in her. The rest would be the standard 50/50 human/yoma blend. There's always the possibility the Org tried a human/AB blend, but so far the manga hasn't mentioned anything along those lines.

We do know the Org can increase speed and power levels (Alicia was scheduled for a 30% increase after she measured Riful's power level) in Claymores IF they want to. So it seems unnecessary to experiment with a human/AB blend.
Old 2008-03-12, 20:12   Link #1086
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

The organization can at least schedule something to do with Alicia's awakened form. I really have no idea if the twins training applies to other claymores as well. Some Claymores are just more powerful than others for whatever reason. Priscilla had potential beyond an abyssal but she certainly did not train for it. The organizations experiments fascinate me.

But Claymores are strong enough without messing with all that stuff (for the time being) for standard operating procedures. Alicia and Beth are enough insurance against the other Abyssals. I bet the organization is just hoping Riful and Isley will kill each other off so they can make a move afterward. Having a controllable Abyssal is pretty cool. I bet they still do tons of experiments but that most of them do not make it to the battle field. Although Clarice did surprise me when she attacked Agatha and freed Miata so there might be something to her beyond just being a failure.

There must be some back story for that girl at some point in the future. Clarice is a brand new main character, and she has had it pretty rough. I do not think she will be going away any time soon.
Old 2008-03-12, 20:56   Link #1087
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
If the one in Rabona is any indication, Youma do not seem to have genitals or gender, although someone could pull the shonen card on this. I think a youma can impersonate males and females alike. We know of no one with AB flesh as their base yet, so that is where the real question lies.
Actually - quite the opposite.
I appears to me that the US release actually photoshopped the genetilia out.
Vol.2 - p157
The Rabona Arc was the only photoshopping I noticed going page by page between raw and release (all for this kind of thing).

Old 2008-03-12, 21:11   Link #1088
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

What? You mean, Miria didn't like being tongued?
Old 2008-03-12, 22:27   Link #1089
tenken627
what Yagi said

I have no doubt that the organization would try doing the "Claymore flesh to make another Claymore" experiment another time if they actually saw something with Clare.

Judging from Luciela/Rafaela and Alicia/Beth, it seems that the organization doesn't discourage easily when it comes to their experiments. Even after the Luciela failure almost obliterated the whole organization headquarters and much of the people inside. They wanted to try again right away, and Rafaela hears about the organization asking a family for the twins (Alicia/Beth) almost right after leaving the org.

I guess it would depend on what the MiBs know about Clare. They seem to be keeping close watch on many of their Claymores. They knew that Clare had awakened and reverted back to human form at Rabona. They knew Galatea was lying about Clare being killed by Riful.

And what did they intend Clare to be when they first began their experiment? Did they want another Claymore with Teresa's power? A Teresa v2.0? As of right now, I assume that was the goal of the Clare experiment. I doubt they foresaw Clare half-awakening and how much power Clare would have in that state. Or maybe they did.

If the MiBs knew the potential of the Clare experiment, was assigning her as #47 something they decided to do? They don't seem to mind hiding the true power of a Claymore with a lower rank like only giving Rafaela the rank of #5.

Or was Clare declared a failed experiment and deemed a #47 because they could only sense a small output of yoki? And only after Clare showing some strength that the MiB became interested in her again? Galatea stated that the organization was VERY interested in Clare during the fight with Dauf.

To the organization, Clare may have seemed like a failed experiment due to her unwillingness to obey orders and being a "trouble-maker". That could be what prompted them to send her to her death at Pieta. But, they may have also seen the potential of a Claymore made from another Claymore.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-03-12 at 22:40.
Old 2008-03-12, 23:31   Link #1090
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Haha, Thanks Cyclone. I guess I never looked through the raws on those first few chapters. I mentioned it a while earlier in the favorite AB thread, but this makes me even happier that the male AB's usually have armor, or hair or something covering themselves. It makes it much less awkward. Still I'm surprised they edited that out. That was pretty mild considering how many pieces he is cut into a few moments later. I guess gender = bad, violence = okay?

I also think the organization would try the 1/4 youma experiment again if they saw Clare now, although Clare really only got powerful after her partial awakening so unless they did something like a soul link they might chalk it up as another failure. They would also need a serious sample, like Teresa. Considering how strong Teresa was and how weak Clare was at the beginning I would say they saw the experiment as a failure. Without Irene's arm Clare still would lack her own offense without her limit breaker and the youki sensing ability only really took off after Rabona. Yup, Clare as a normal Claymore was a failure. Dedicated, but a failure.

Although if they did a soul link with someone like her then they might be able to pull that old potential back out again. But soul link training for Alicia and Beth has been going on for a very very long time so it might not be worth it until they have the normal soul link down.
Old 2008-03-13, 00:04   Link #1091
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
They would also need a serious sample, like Teresa. Considering how strong Teresa was and how weak Clare was at the beginning I would say they saw the experiment as a failure. Without Irene's arm Clare still would lack her own offense without her limit breaker and the youki sensing ability only really took off after Rabona. Yup, Clare as a normal Claymore was a failure. Dedicated, but a failure.
This is also why I thought Clarice could possibly be another Clare experiment because of her hair color. While it is true that there have been Claymore failures with different hair colors in the past, none of them is a main character (or at least a major character) in the story. There is something more to Clarice than meets the eye. She also holds the rank of #47, and is supposedly another worthless warrior. #47 should mean that she is the most worthless of them all. And yet, like you said, she seems to have a lot of panel space dedicated to her.

(That's not even mentioning that the ABs in the North decided that Clarice is yummy. Past ABs stated that Claymore flesh tasted bad because of the amount of yoma in them.)

If Clarice is indeed another Clare experiment, I doubt any Claymore flesh as powerful as Teresa could be found. Teresa was supposed to be the strongest #1 that ever lived, or at least until the creation of Alicia.

If Clare's initial yoki output was small with the flesh of someone as powerful as Teresa, it would have to be that much less with Clarice. So small of an output, that her hair wouldn't change color.

And yes, the organization probably deemed Clare a failure. But after Rabona, they seemed to renew their interest in Clare right away. At least more so than other Claymores who were also deemed troublesome, possibly half-awakened and of a much higher rank than Clare's #47.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-03-13 at 00:46.
Old 2008-03-13, 00:41   Link #1092
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
I guess gender = bad, violence = okay?
Don't give them any ideas.
Old 2008-03-13, 06:11   Link #1093
derelict88
Huh! Made ya read!! :D

so is the nu thread been created yet?

78 is sooo been there, done that kinda feelin'. A has been...

Speaking of old nuz. I think Isley looks like a gurl. A flat chested gurl. I was like totally shock when I heard manly voice that spew out from Isley mouth based on the DeeVeeDee I mean. I think Mr Yagi draw too many gurls until he cant differentiate man and gurl in his drawings. Take a look at the Captain in this issue... doesnt he and his sidekick looks like another version of Daneve?

Sorry wanted to come up with a nu topic to talk about instead of recycling old nuz.
Old 2008-03-13, 09:20   Link #1094
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
What? You mean, Miria didn't like being tongued?
Okay if you had a tongue ripping apart your insides I'd doupht you would like it either. Unless your talking about that other type of being tongued, which I don't think she would mind.

And yes dereilct88 Isley does look like a girl, which aside from him and Rigaldo is why a lot of people think he's gay.

Last edited by hell88; 2008-03-13 at 09:49.
Old 2008-03-13, 09:25   Link #1095
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think that Isley is just the stereo-typical pretty boy as far as looks go.

Most anime/manga have at least one of them, even Berserk has one (Griffith) so I don't think it is a fault on Yagi's drawing skills, after all, most of the males in Claymore don't look like girls, just Isley.
Old 2008-03-13, 09:28   Link #1096
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And some girls don't look like girls either... *cough*Rachel*cough*
Old 2008-03-13, 09:38   Link #1097
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Why do they remove the genitals even in scanlations? YAY for american prudery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And some girls don't look like girls either... *cough*Rachel*cough*
Yeah, when is saw Rachel first i had two thaughts.
In the first second: Cool they produce male claymores again!!
In the second second: WTF the org pumps their claymores full with male hormones

AND ISLEY DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A GIRL!!! He's just the "I look gay, but actually am not, at least sometimes, and I pwn guy" almost every anime has
Old 2008-03-13, 15:14   Link #1098
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. you guys forget about macho Undine but she dont look like man when she dont use Yoki
But I allways wondered who is stronger Sophia or Undine
Old 2008-03-13, 15:22   Link #1099
hell88
Banned

Undine's muscles were for all show, Sophia was the real deal, if they battled I bet Sophia would when.
Old 2008-03-13, 15:23   Link #1100
koffy
beggar

Just look at their ranks
Closed Thread