Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-08, 16:04   Link #2041
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For those who haven't seen it yet: The Collector's Edition special Thor model:

Some fins, slightly armored up nose, new arm and rear cannons and some stars. Still wondering how they're gonna implement players being able to switch between this version and the default version of its appearance, if at all...
It......still looks like a souped-up version of the Konig Monster?

So where are the Valkyries Vikings?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 16:17   Link #2042
Lostdreams

The new splash fixes are imba.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 23:36   Link #2043
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Phoenix can shoot while moving. 3 Phoenix can kill 11 Mutas. Yes Phoenix is too buff. Thank god my Vikings outrange those buggers.
Since Phoenix is suppose to hard-counter Muta, that's intentional. They are suppose to counter light air, not be near equal with light air.
Old 2010-05-09, 01:25   Link #2044
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Also, Phoneix's are pretty only useful against mutalisks (and other air units without an Air to air attack). Mutalisks and Vikings can fight ground. If they weren't so good against mutas, then they'd be pretty completely useless.

Not to mention Zerg can tech switch way faster than Protoss can, thanks to the new larva mechanic. Protoss must have robotics for Immortal/collosi, gateways for basic units, and stargates for air units. Zerg just need a single tech building for what they want and the larva produces a ton of whatever they want. More hatcheries and more queens just make zerg even more insane if they are properly saturated.

You simply aren't able to preemptively build phoneixes just to counter mutas; Zerg will most likely laugh in your face when you find out there was a hydralisk Den somewhere else.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 05:06   Link #2045
Alaya
Counter Force

After playing several games (10+), I really think PvT is broken right now... because of Void Ray. They can just go Gateway > Cybernetic Core > Stargate and then pump out couple of void rays. Marine seems incapable to counter void rays when they come out. Heck, even 6 marines are obliterated by only 2 void rays. It's really frustrated, Toss just have so much way to counter Terran.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 05:34   Link #2046
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Given the difference in cost between 2 void rays and 6 marines I'm not surprised.
Old 2010-05-09, 05:52   Link #2047
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still the marines are a good way to deal with the void rays. Though do need to focus fire and doesn't hurt to have stim and/or the shield upgrade. A few ways to deal with the void rays, but marines aren't a bad way to go about it.
Old 2010-05-09, 07:04   Link #2048
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Given the difference in cost between 2 void rays and 6 marines I'm not surprised.
Yeah, I know. The problem is that is you mass marine, you get chewed in turn by Zealots, stalkers. Even hard counter like Viking also loss against Void Ray when fully charged.

Maybe the other problem is that I played from Asia, therefore it's really hard to micro (delay around 0.4 to 0.5 sec). I really need to practice TvP harder...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2010-05-09, 08:12   Link #2049
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In other news looks like every Terran got knocked out of the HDH so far.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:08   Link #2050
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
After playing several games (10+), I really think PvT is broken right now... because of Void Ray. They can just go Gateway > Cybernetic Core > Stargate and then pump out couple of void rays. Marine seems incapable to counter void rays when they come out. Heck, even 6 marines are obliterated by only 2 void rays. It's really frustrated, Toss just have so much way to counter Terran.
Missile Turrets + marines imo. You're not gonna get anything done with just marines.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:50   Link #2051
Alaya
Counter Force

Yeah, I tried that too but it's still hard to counter Void Rays. Seems I have to find something new.

Another thing, do you guys screen just suddenly go black and your system crash? It happened to me several times already, especially when I'm about going to win, lol. Yeah but seriously, I lost couple of games because of the crash, and had to restart the computer. It's quite annoying. Does anyone experience the same thing?

EDIT: It seems that the crashes occur because of the GPU and CPU overheating. During the game, my GPU&CPU temp. shot up to almost 100 degree Celsius. Any way to reduce the GPU&CPU heat, please?

Last edited by Alaya; 2010-05-09 at 12:03.
Old 2010-05-09, 12:17   Link #2052
Who

Your fans may be clogged, causing your heat sinks to overheat. Try dusting them.
If it's not that, then lower your game settings or upgrade your graphics card/CPU.

My SC2 tends to crash because after I exit, but that's something that people have reported happening as of Patch 11.

In relation to gameplay, TvZ annoys the crap out of me.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 14:45   Link #2053
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Your fans may be clogged, causing your heat sinks to overheat. Try dusting them.
If it's not that, then lower your game settings or upgrade your graphics card/CPU.

My SC2 tends to crash because after I exit, but that's something that people have reported happening as of Patch 11.

In relation to gameplay, TvZ annoys the crap out of me.
TVZ drop abuse on ledges is bs. On Lost Temple, there's a high ground area that's not accessible by ground units. If you drop a thor and siege tank, you pretty much wipe out the natural.
Old 2010-05-09, 15:54   Link #2054
yeahitschris

my Sc2 never seems to crashed yet. runs at around 70 degrees CELIUS on the new mbp
Old 2010-05-09, 16:20   Link #2055
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
A couple of void rays takes while to make, and are very expensive.

I'll give you a hint; you can use your 2nd mule instead of using scan, but if you do that make an extra barracks and use it to scout; if you scout a stargate, just get a reactor on your 2nd rax, and get stim, and of course an ebay for turrets. Don't build stuff (including turrets) on the edge of your base so they can snipe it. If they have to go further inland... well void rays aren't exactly fast at retreating.

If they're just overpowering you with void rays, then there's probably something fundamentally wrong with what you are doing. Maybe your build order is poor, you forget about mule, you don't spend your money fast enough, or you don't scout properly.

IMO, (Not targeted to you) if one thinks X is too hard to deal with, they should post a replay of it. (Upload to a site like mediafire) Otherwise, we'll just be theorycrafting, and that just leads to circular arguments. And people can be more specific in their help; without a replay, it's usually just grasping at straws.

Now I personally think TvP is pretty retarded, but I don't think it's for the same reason. I'm only a crappy gold player that never bothers to 1v1 ladder (so if you feel like STFU NOOB... 1v1, go ahead) , though at my level, it does a feel a lot easier to be Protoss rather than Terran.

But I realize my own anecdotes aren't everything and so I try to find evidence of such (high level players, that David Kim interview)

Edit: Oh yea, if your base is being harassed, one thing that can help is lowering your supply depots so they don't get in the way. I didn't even realize this until now.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-05-09 at 17:01.
Old 2010-05-10, 03:32   Link #2056
Alaya
Counter Force

Even you tell me I'm a noob, I won't disagree with you. Yeah, I think there's something totally wrong with my build and macroing skill. I really need to practice a lot in order to improve. It's just annoying to see almost every protoss match up goes Void Ray. But to be optimistically, it means I have a chance to practice a lot in order to counter this build, lol.

Old 2010-05-10, 04:29   Link #2057
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Even you tell me I'm a noob, I won't disagree with you. Yeah, I think there's something totally wrong with my build and macroing skill. I really need to practice a lot in order to improve.
Hah, unless we have top players here that are in those big sc2 tourneys, I don't think anyone has a right to call another "noob" since skill is relative and while one player can be much better than another, there probably lies a few more that makes even that player look silly.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-10, 23:21   Link #2058
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
my Sc2 never seems to crashed yet. runs at around 70 degrees CELIUS on the new mbp
and I crash every other time I start the client
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 19:00   Link #2059
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Old 2010-05-13, 13:12   Link #2060
Alaya
Counter Force

Beta Patch 12 today, incoming Roach nerf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Post
StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 12 (version 0.14.0.15343)

The latest patch notes can always be found on our StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

Balance Changes

•PROTOSS

•Forge

•Build time increased from 35 to 45.

•Life and shield values decreased from 550/550 to 400/400.

•Mothership

•Vortex now removes Force Fields within its area of effect.

•TERRAN

•Thor

•Radius decreased from 1.375 to 0.8125.

•Model size reduced to match new radius.

•ZERG

•Roach

•Supply count increased from 1 to 2.

User Interface

•Several Hotkey changes have been made (German client only).

Bug Fixes

•Fixed a crash which sometimes occurred when quitting the program.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows