AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-01-17, 18:57   Link #1
LuckyLyndy

ToraDora Sub Problems

Well, I have not had this problem in quite a while.
I can't seem to pull up the subtitles in the
AniYoshi Toradora series download.
I use MPC and occasionally 7-Zip, but no go.
Video and sound are all good.

Also did a search for any thread for other people having problems with this
download series, but didn't pull up anything.

I'm on XP Pro.

Thanks for any ideas.

Lyndon
Salt Lake City
Old 2009-01-17, 19:07   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Do you have CCCP?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34910

the first obvious question
Old 2009-01-17, 19:14   Link #3
LuckyLyndy

yes, of course.
Lyndon
All other downloads are working with subs. Just this one

Weird. My CCCP file was from last July 2008, and there is a newer version, of November, so I uninstalled the older, and installed the newer
and voila, I am getting subs on Toradora.

Thanks, KarumA for asking the obvious.
The other question, which maybe I should post in the Tech Dept, is with my HP laptop. I removed the original HD because Vista is not too my liking.
Then I installed XP Pro, but found that there was devlis in the details and spent two weeks locating the correct drivers, as HP does not want you
to do that.
I could not get Media Player Classic to work correctly and had to use a version called Media Player Cinema. It doesn't work as well as MPC. Are there driver issues with it?
Thanks again, KarumA
Lyndon

Last edited by LuckyLyndy; 2009-01-17 at 20:03. Reason: Newest download of codecs worked
Old 2009-01-18, 12:53   Link #4
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I may have your answer. You see, normally, an mkv has the streams in this order:
1. Video
2. Audio
3. Subtitles

Some groups, for some reason, reverse them:

1. Subtitles
2. Video
3. Audio

When the subtitle track has a higher position then the video track, it will sometimes not register. You can either
a) remux the file and put the sub track at the bottom
b) disable the internal MKV splitter and use Haai

Hope that helps
Old 2009-01-18, 13:06   Link #5
LuckyLyndy

Interesting thoughts, DmonHiro.
I didn't know the order could affect the outcome.

As I said, removing the codec file from July '08, and installing the newer version seems to have worked. Why, I don't know, as the ToraDora file was much older than that.
Right now, I am so bummed by that last episdoe of Kemeko DX, that I am shutting down the home video, and reading a great book, Daemon. If any of you are techies, you will love this novel.
Lyndon
Old 2009-01-18, 13:24   Link #6
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I may have your answer. You see, normally, an mkv has the streams in this order:
1. Video
2. Audio
3. Subtitles

Some groups, for some reason, reverse them:

1. Subtitles
2. Video
3. Audio

When the subtitle track has a higher position then the video track, it will sometimes not register. You can either
a) remux the file and put the sub track at the bottom
b) disable the internal MKV splitter and use Haai

Hope that helps
Shouldn't matter, because video != audio != subtitles. They are different entities so to say, and should all be shown on playback if your software is configured correctly (and it isn't some retarded player that falls on an exception like the one mentioned before). Only exception may be when the tracks are not set to default, but dunno how most players handle this.
Old 2009-01-18, 16:29   Link #7
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Shouldn't matter, because video != audio != subtitles. They are different entities so to say, and should all be shown on playback if your software is configured correctly (and it isn't some retarded player that falls on an exception like the one mentioned before). Only exception may be when the tracks are not set to default, but dunno how most players handle this.
You are correct, and what I said before should indeed NOT work. But for some reason, it does happen. Just like the releases from StrikeS. There is absolutely no reason why they would not work with the internal MKV splitter from MPCHC, but they don't and will crash the player unless you turn off the internal filter and turn on Haai.

Just beacuse something should not happen, does not mean that it wont.
Old 2009-01-18, 22:02   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLyndy View Post
yes, of course.
Lyndon
All other downloads are working with subs. Just this one

Weird. My CCCP file was from last July 2008, and there is a newer version, of November, so I uninstalled the older, and installed the newer
and voila, I am getting subs on Toradora.

Thanks, KarumA for asking the obvious.
The other question, which maybe I should post in the Tech Dept, is with my HP laptop. I removed the original HD because Vista is not too my liking.
Then I installed XP Pro, but found that there was devlis in the details and spent two weeks locating the correct drivers, as HP does not want you
to do that.
I could not get Media Player Classic to work correctly and had to use a version called Media Player Cinema. It doesn't work as well as MPC. Are there driver issues with it?
Thanks again, KarumA
Lyndon
I would suggest making a topic in the tech section for that because I surely have no answer for that, so please repost the question there so that the appropriate people can give you a hand with that

as for the solution, could be the same as I had with Java, the latest update caused many websites to just display errors and just not load with the excuse that there was something wrong with it, when I installed an older version however everything worked fine. Perhaps something in the coding doesn't match in the newer version but does match the old one
Old 2009-01-19, 00:29   Link #9
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLyndy View Post
to do that.
Thanks again, KarumA
Lyndon
Drivers aren't involved with DShow playback until the renderer, so that is probably the point where it breaks.
The latest CCCP includes MPC Home Cinema, do you have problems with that?
Old 2009-01-19, 01:03   Link #10
LuckyLyndy

Thanks, Empty Eighty,
I will check on that tomorrow. After having success with my desktop, after the reinstall of the new codecs, I did the same thing with the laptop.

But it was strange, as I installed the most current version of MPC, and the codecs, and it just wouldn't play. So I found Media Player Classic Home Cinema, and it worked most of the time, but wouldn't display the subs on AniSubs mkv Night Wizard
I uninstalled the summer codec pack, and put in the newer one and now it plays the subs just fine. So for some reason, it was just these two series that I had downloaded that was causing me problems.

I sure don't know the differences between MPC and MPC-Home Cinema, or why
the HP laptop only worked with the latter.
I just appreciate this site, and the helpful people on the forum.
Thanks again!
Lyndon
Old 2009-01-21, 07:50   Link #11
emptyeighty

Difference between MPC and MPC-HC is the latter has a lot of bugs fixed and improvements included (like a dxva decoder).

It is likely that the MPC had used a different video renderer than the MPC-HC you downloaded.