AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 60 45.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 19.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 06:23   Link #81
coderlan
Student

Favorite episode so far as this inspired me within.

>>a supporter of Kyou X Manami but also Kyou X Kirino though

so funny that her family fully agrees to even marry Kyou.

>>can't wait for this episode's light novel to be translated !!!!

wow, Kirino is so obvious.
Old 2010-11-08, 07:07   Link #82
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Watching Kirino constantly kick Kyousuke's stuff when he's not around was adorable. Lot's of Tsun, not enough Dere IMHO.

I also believe that there's really nothing yet mutual about Manami and Kyousuke, still more or less a unrequited love from her part. Their final conversation going to bed was probably the best bit of dialogue in the series so far, and indicates that Kyousuke might actually consider the possibility of something more between the two of them. They've got the chemistry and the conversation ability down pat. Kyousuke mulling over the future between the, possibly going to the same college, tells me that he's actually really thinking of the possibility of a future together.

While it's likely that he doesn't feel anything right now, he's open to the possibility in the future.
Old 2010-11-08, 07:10   Link #83
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Manami is so cute in this episode. Now I want her too!

Satomi Sato REALLY can play the direct opposite of what she is well-known for...that is really brilliant voice acting - from a genki tomboy of Ritsu to a girly dojikko of Manami.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-08, 07:44   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Manami is pure moe. This series should have been named "My childhood friend can't be this cute", or "My little sister can't be such a bitch". Either would be more fitting than the current title.

Best episode so far. Very relaxing, soothing, and hilarious. Manami's grandparents are awesome, that's more or less how I imagine Manami and Kyousuke would after a few years of marriage. Most likely won't happen, unfortunately. Manami definitely has romantic feelings for Kyousuke, but it's clear he doesn't see her as a potential love interest, at least not just yet. Right now, he's still seeing her as a very kind grandmother in a 15-year-old body (I personally see why he feels that way, Manami is very mature, wise and relaxed for her age).

I hope they'll make a "sequel" to this episode, as in, showing Manami spending the night at Kyousuke's house. I'm sure it'll be entertaining, considering how jealous Kirino is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I suppose time will tell, but I really don't see Kyousuke as the sort that would have done anything like what you describe. There doesn't need to be any extraordinary reasons for parents to treat one child better than the other, for family members to be hurtful or take each other for granted - it happens all the time. People sometimes just aren't as good to each other as they should be.
I can definitely vouch for that. However, in Kyousuke's case, it's just his dad that treats him a bit coldly, his mother seems to be very kind to him. It's perfectly understandable, daddies tend to pamper their daughters and feel a strong need to protect them. At least, that's how it was in my family.
Old 2010-11-08, 07:48   Link #85
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
This episode made me laugh a lot and HNNNNG for Manami. Grandparents and "Rock" were hilarious. Something bugged me though and a theory went out:
Spoiler for Theory:
Nah, not possible. That would be too weird and forced TBH.
Kyousuke just feels the situation is fine as it is and has no need to rush anything. It's quite obvious that he has romantic feelings to Manami. Whether he's aware of it or not I don't know. Probably he is. The real problem is that the two grew up close to each other and lived like siblings. On the other hand here I throw in a different idea:
Spoiler for Theory of sorts:

It's more down-to-earth and explains Kirino's behavior quite well.
Old 2010-11-08, 08:07   Link #86
Divini
Senpai!

Looking at the whole ambience of the Tamura household, and with Kyosuke's VA being who he is, I couldn't help but draw comparisions to the Furukawa household from Clannad. It definitely felt like a similar feeling, especially when you compare them to the previous episodes.

Kyosuke, at the end, says that he wishes for a peaceful life, which is exactly what the Tamura household is, which, compared to the Kousaka household, are near opposites. The former is a normal, peaceful, yet happy life, very slice-of-life-ish, while the latter has a rather strict household, where the atmosphere is somewhat tense and Kyosuke doesn't seem entirely comfortable, as well as all the action, drama, and the general craziness that comes with dealing with Kirino's otaku obsession, which is a fitting kind of life for a TV show.

It's almost like... Kyosuke is sort of being presented a choice to decide which life he wants to involve himself in; and he doesn't hate neither Manami's nor Kirino's at the moment. (he certainly does seem genuinely happy that he's able to help Kirino out, and isn't really annoyed with hanging out with the otaku trio) And yes, Kirino definitely feels uneasy about him staying with Manami, how she acted at the end makes it a fact. So she'll definitely act to pull her brother towards her world...
Old 2010-11-08, 08:22   Link #87
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Great episode.
Manami's probably the weirdest girl in the series cus she's normal ).
Old 2010-11-08, 08:27   Link #88
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroro gunsou View Post
I agree with you!! But, I cannnot believe kyousuke & manami was sleeping without makin love

I feel kirino was jealous to manami wasnt she?
yes, yes she was. She even started to get watery eyed over it
Old 2010-11-08, 08:31   Link #89
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Manami is pure moe. This series should have been named "My childhood friend can't be this cute", or "My little sister can't be such a bitch". Either would be more fitting than the current title.

Best episode so far. Very relaxing, soothing, and hilarious. Manami's grandparents are awesome, that's more or less how I imagine Manami and Kyousuke would after a few years of marriage. Most likely won't happen, unfortunately. Manami definitely has romantic feelings for Kyousuke, but it's clear he doesn't see her as a potential love interest, at least not just yet. Right now, he's still seeing her as a very kind grandmother in a 15-year-old body (I personally see why he feels that way, Manami is very mature, wise and relaxed for her age).

I hope they'll make a "sequel" to this episode, as in, showing Manami spending the night at Kyousuke's house. I'm sure it'll be entertaining, considering how jealous Kirino is.
hi5! Spoken like a true bro.

This. All of this. Less melodrama. More wacky hijinks. This was a thousand times more entertaining, better written and directed than the forced drama of last week that didn't even make sense in the end.

Kyousuke deserves better than receiving scorn every other time where he fixes his little sister's cockups. I admire him for trying, but sometimes you just gotta take it easy and not meddle in the affairs of your obnoxious little sister.
Old 2010-11-08, 09:00   Link #90
mouhitori

The most surprising thing this week is that there were no surprises
I thought the episode was going to be somewhat underwhelming a few minutes in, but the adaptation team has done quite well to make it still pleasant to watch, despite few events happening.

Kirino is probably frustrated there is no one to bully for the day A small payback for abusing her brother!
Old 2010-11-08, 09:45   Link #91
karuroso

>_> I think it will be hard to finish this series if i actually thought this ep was the best one until now mostly because of the lack of that irritating Kirino.
Old 2010-11-08, 09:51   Link #92
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Great episode. 9/10 for me. It kept me laughing and smiling throughout. Though I am now a bit nervous about what may happen when Manami cashes in on that invite over to Kyousuke's house. Kirino's definitely not pleased about her brother's romantic prospects, though clearly what that says about her own feelings about him is open to interpretation. For now I'll personally steer clear of the ever-popular "wincest" (God I hate that term) and merely theorize that she wants something/someone more interesting and lively than Manami in her brother's life because she doesn't just want him to plod along through life and never do anything exciting.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:17   Link #93
Mentar
Banned

I've got to admit that I'm amazed how many people obviously prefer this tension-less crisis-less happy fluff over the drama of the default settings

I mean, I'd have thought that whoever managed to reach ep6 would have a certain resilience for the nerves which the usual Kirino-centric drama requires. But the Manami episode was Clannad at its cutest. A warm water bath... but also, about as exciting.

Maybe it's that for a mysterious reason I find characters with the aggressiveness of soft-soaked blowdried doormats more irritating than Kirino-type blatantly selfish-bratty bitches (whose annoyed kicks I only found hilariously funny)... but this one episode of Manami was really straining my nerves somehow ^_^;

Guess I'm warped aswell.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:19   Link #94
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Manami is so cute in this episode. Now I want her too!

Satomi Sato REALLY can play the direct opposite of what she is well-known for...that is really brilliant voice acting - from a genki tomboy of Ritsu to a girly dojikko of Manami.
Stay off damnit, stay back you damn lolicon. She's mine! *pokes with chair*

You seem to follow me around more than I'd like *stares~~~~*
Old 2010-11-08, 10:29   Link #95
Solecs

For me, best episode so far. Kyousuke and Manami are absolutely perfect together. I think Kyousuke knows how Manami feels, but he's probably not sure how he feels yet. Honestly though, I can't see how he ends up with anybody else at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I totally agree that Manami's grandparents are how they would end up, though maybe some role reversal with Manami being the more silly one. I think if they get together and she doesn't have to worry about how Kyousuke feels Manami can be more forward/silly. Also, Kyousuke is pretty mature in his own right. How he's reacted to Kirino's hobby for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I've got to admit that I'm amazed how many people obviously prefer this tension-less crisis-less happy fluff over the drama of the default settings

I mean, I'd have thought that whoever managed to reach ep6 would have a certain resilience for the nerves which the usual Kirino-centric drama requires. But the Manami episode was Clannad at its cutest. A warm water bath... but also, about as exciting.

Maybe it's that for a mysterious reason I find characters with the aggressiveness of soft-soaked blowdried doormats more irritating than Kirino-type blatantly selfish-bratty bitches (whose annoyed kicks I only found hilariously funny)... but this one episode of Manami was really straining my nerves somehow ^_^;

Guess I'm warped aswell.
I guess I enjoy both forms, just for different reasons. The normal drama ridden crop is good for making an interesting show, one that you want to know what happens next. While the uneventful everyday type gives more of a warm-tingly response, it just makes me happy watching it.

I probably wouldn't label Manami a doormat just yet. I get the feeling she'd fight pretty tooth and nail for Kyousuke if it came down to it (and by tooth and nail I mean with massive quantities of moe ).

Last edited by Solecs; 2010-11-08 at 10:40.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:43   Link #96
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
=It's almost like... Kyosuke is sort of being presented a choice to decide which life he wants to involve himself in; and he doesn't hate neither Manami's nor Kirino's at the moment. (he certainly does seem genuinely happy that he's able to help Kirino out, and isn't really annoyed with hanging out with the otaku trio) And yes, Kirino definitely feels uneasy about him staying with Manami, how she acted at the end makes it a fact. So she'll definitely act to pull her brother towards her world...
That's an interesting way to phrase it. That's one possible course this series could take - with Manami and her household being set up as a real option for Kyousuke and a major conflict being built around that decision. That would also justify Kirino being so threatened by what seemed like a perfectly innocent visit.

While we've seen opinions on every part of the spectrum, I still hold to Kyou being "undecided" when it comes to Manami. I don't think he holds any romantic feelings for her, but I think it's just really occurred to him that it could happen someday in the future. If what Divini suggests turns out to be a major plot point, I think Manami represents a sort of easy way out for Kyou - an escape from the coldness and conflict of his own family. If he chooses her he chooses comfort and an easy life - effectively being a "Grandpa" as a teeanger. Or he could wait for someone he's really head-over-heels in love with and take the risk that it never happens, or leads to a broken heart. In the meantime he still has to deal with his own family and all their baggage, and being basically taken for granted.

This is all pure speculation, of course - as I said I still think Kyou could go either way when it comes to Manami, and it may never end up being more than a side-plot anyway. But it's certainly interesting to conjecture.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:43   Link #97
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

If you ask me Kyousuke and Manami are indeed perfect combination themselves, I just don't get the part when he is saying that he would reject a girl >.<

Poor Manami....
Old 2010-11-08, 10:47   Link #98
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Manami isn't exactly the type of character I'm fond of (a bit too diabetic inducing I would say), but this episode was definitely much more pleasant, and that isn't just because of the fluff around.

The grandparents completely stole the show during this episode, making me chuckle and grin here and there.
Meanwhile, my irritation nearly vanished as Kirino's screentime was really low this week. Although I nearly spilled my breakfast this morning when she said dakimakura to her mom (wth is wrong with this girl? How come she wasn't exposed before Kyousuke did? ), I wasn't really affected by her other antics. I dunno: some people see that as a "heartwarming" tsundere reaction, I see that as a frustration that her slave isn't at home, either to do her bidding or to be forced to be her otaku speech receiver.

Meanwhile, this episode delivered laid back interactions with nearly no unecessary tension whatsoever (it wouldn't make any sense if there was any), and surely didn't had to use ostentatious "intricate-looking" relationship at all.
But for some reason, I never saw them as a potential couple before, and this episode reinforce the point. Of course, Manami has an obvious interest in Kyousuke, but the relationship between the two seems to work "way too well" right now to evolve any way past this point.

The fluff break is however not fully positive for OreImo because it just dealt an identity crisis for the show: the differences were so numerous and big that it is almost as if if we were served an episode of a completely different series, which strikes me as a bit too much in term of progression. Not like it is an inconsistency, but the switch is quite brutal though.
I wouldn't be surprised if the fandom split itself considering the content of this show became dichotomic now.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:49   Link #99
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hahahahaha. Don't worry, we'll get back to bitching about Kirino's poorly written lines next week.

On a more serious note, Manami may be plain, but she's not that passive. She offered a pillow lap before and even joked about going to the bath together. The typical shy anime girl wouldn't have the guts to joke about that, much less have a sense of humor.

To all of you comparing Manami to Nagisa, I just don't see it. Manami is actually pretty spunky in her own cute way.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:51   Link #100
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Spoiler for Theory of sorts:
Absolutely what I thought after watching episode 6. And then everything what Kirino said in episode 5 ("now you're trying to be my big brother etc.") made sense to me.

Bye
Silaqui.