AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 00:08   Link #541
tsunade666

that character is indeed over powered when I read it.

Is there even a clear type avatar in AW? I mean in canon.
Old 2012-06-02, 00:30   Link #542
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that character is indeed over powered when I read it.

Is there even a clear type avatar in AW? I mean in canon.
Overpowered? Hell yea.

- No stated level, which I assume that is his level 1
- Has flying
- Can beat Kings
- Can hack
- Can create ANY weapon at all using hologram
- Super soldier/like past?
- Can alter his color at will, which means that he is able to adjust his weakness at will.
- hardness of a diamond, which means he is resistant to BOTH heat and physical damage.
- UNlimited Burst points

gary Stu alarms ringing LOUD.

If the duel avatar is supposed to reflect his inner weakness, then this avatar does not SUIT him at all.

@tsunade: Does Aqua Current count? I mean, it is pure water, right? The green could just be a visual effect.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 00:40   Link #543
Kaos!

The closest non-colour characters we have in canon are Glass Monarch and Mirror Masker(The total opposite of clear), however as I said, in AW, these type of characters die young IRL.
Kaos! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 00:41   Link #544
tsunade666

why do they die easily in real life? what kind of character is glass monarch and mirror masker?

Mirror masker is dead already right? and the goal of the kings is to let haru learn his skill so he can go solo metatron.
Old 2012-06-02, 00:54   Link #545
Kaos!

Maybe Kawahara feels they are overpowered and decided to kill them off even before the story started...

Regarding Glass Monarch

Anyway Glass Monarch is someone who knows Black Lotus' identity in real life and died of sickness around the time Nega Nebula disbanded.

Magisa Garden can be considered canon imo as Aluminium Valkyrie from this series is included inside the colour chart in V10.

Btw, regarding diamond, the closest we have is Graphite Edge, the last of the Elements, who is reputed to be able to grab BL's blade with bare hands. Furthermore, since graphite and diamond are of the same element, I would say graphite can be considered more imba then tungsten(Wolfram Ceberus)
Old 2012-06-02, 01:18   Link #546
tsunade666

what so glass monarch is dead in real life?
Old 2012-06-02, 01:39   Link #547
Flere821
Lurker

Glass Monarch is dead IRL, yes. On his deathbed he gave Aluminum Valkryie the BrainBurst program.

On the topic of Graphite Edge, I wouldn't say he'll be tough as diamonds... while both are Carbon-based, if anyone has taken high school chemistry here it's known graphite has weak bonds between atoms especially when compared to diamond - graphite is what makes up pencil leads right?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 03:19   Link #548
Kaos!

Well, I'm sure you don't use a body of pencil lead to grab BL's blade. Most likely he has an ability to convert his carbon bonds into something similiar of diamond.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:57   Link #549
tsunade666

graphite's hardness can be manipulated.

It's carbons structured can be enhance or manipulated to be used in constructions.

http://www.galleries.com/Graphite
Old 2012-06-02, 04:09   Link #550
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

You mean like the ultimate armor of Greed from FMA? If so, that's indeed noteworthy. No wonder he's one of the elements.

Is he still M.I.A. yet or like Aqua Current still in hiding?
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 05:30   Link #551
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
You mean like the ultimate armor of Greed from FMA? If so, that's indeed noteworthy. No wonder he's one of the elements.

Is he still M.I.A. yet or like Aqua Current still in hiding?
Graphite is comprised of carbon which was the body of greed in fma.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:19   Link #552
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Glass Monarch is dead IRL, yes. On his deathbed he gave Aluminum Valkryie the BrainBurst program.

On the topic of Graphite Edge, I wouldn't say he'll be tough as diamonds... while both are Carbon-based, if anyone has taken high school chemistry here it's known graphite has weak bonds between atoms especially when compared to diamond - graphite is what makes up pencil leads right?

Actually, when comparing graphite and diamonds, while they both use carbons. The bonds and structures are different. if I somehow could dig up my high school notes, i remember the difference being that graphite's structure can be compared to like a shallow "sheet" while a diamond is similar to a 3D structure, thus bonds of all areas are strong.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:44   Link #553
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Actually, when comparing graphite and diamonds, while they both use carbons. The bonds and structures are different. if I somehow could dig up my high school notes, i remember the difference being that graphite's structure can be compared to like a shallow "sheet" while a diamond is similar to a 3D structure, thus bonds of all areas are strong.
Correct.

a = diamond, b = graphite

Anyway, after episode 9 of the anime, I really, really hope that Haru will somehow get his CD upgrade back.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:07   Link #554
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post

Btw, regarding diamond, the closest we have is Graphite Edge, the last of the Elements, who is reputed to be able to grab BL's blade with bare hands. Furthermore, since graphite and diamond are of the same element, I would say graphite can be considered more imba then tungsten(Wolfram Ceberus)
Actually I get the feeling Green would be also able to touch Hime's blades bare-handed and still be intact....
Old 2012-06-02, 12:45   Link #555
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Just read up to date on Baka Tsuki on volume three. So much rage towards Noumi right now.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:59   Link #556
tsunade666

I haven't read vol 3 yet. I will read it together with vol 04. Probably. I kinda didn't like 3 and 4's story. Though if Fuuko finally shows up. I might change my mind. I think she shows up in vol 03.
Old 2012-06-02, 14:58   Link #557
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I haven't read vol 3 yet. I will read it together with vol 04. Probably. I kinda didn't like 3 and 4's story. Though if Fuuko finally shows up. I might change my mind. I think she shows up in vol 03.
If I remember right there is a colour illustration with her avatar in Vol. 3
Old 2012-06-03, 00:46   Link #558
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Yup, there is. Both her RL and her avatar form. Her avatar reminds me a proper lady in a dress.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:12   Link #559
churchblue
Banned

DA is overpowering, hence that the reason WHY he doesn't duel. He thinks it would ruin the balance. He always manipulate his BPs so doesn't have to duel. I do believe the "clear" avatar have bad luck. For DA, he is suffering from isolation (doesn't trust people and trust himself). DA in real life is a mess up but a good person although I would need help to tweak his profile (few users helped me a lot).

Also created another fan-char (it's not the long as DA's). Even though promise not to write anymore, it's just out of interest.

Name: Fujiko Mika
Personal Characterstic: Blue eyes, Black silky hair, always wear glasses, polite to a point of heavy insults (you know what I mean), has a handgun hidden under her skirt (usually not loaded).

Duel Avatar: Shadow Tesla
Ability: Electricity and electromagnetic manipulation
Level 5
Armament: Pulse gun, Pulse shield and Tesla tanto

Profile: She was born of a English father and a Japanese mother. Her father work overseas to provide support for her and her mother which left the mother to take care of her. When she was 4, Fujiko came by the Brain Burst program by luck (of course she though is was a game). It was installed it (asked people for help) and landed in the AW. As her first experience, she was scared and frighten. She was even afraid of her own Duel Avatar. She burst link her out and was left traumatized for 1 and a half years. When she turned 6, she decided to try again only this time she knew what she was in for. She leveled up to 4 within a couple months and without raising suspicion. When she got to Level 5, Black Lotus offer her to join her legion, but she rejected it and told her that her real life is far more important than her "game" life. After that, she stop playing and focused on her studies. She took a proficiency test that allow to go to college at a young age (age 12) thank to her home schooling from her mother and the tutors that her father hired. When she graduated 2 years later, she become martial art master (part of the karate club in college and was second in the regional championship) and wants to become doctor. When she returned home, she was challenged into a duel by newbies only for them to lose horribly. She went to the AW and announced to everyone that she has "no interest" in joining legions and only play this game to kill time (Black king was absent at this time). However, she is willing to help new players get use to the AW duels.

Fujiko is really smart but not a super genius, she just knows how things works. She uses that concept in her AW duels and always successfully beat the opponent. Unlike burst linker that take advantage of AW to apply to their real life, she is the reverse. When decided to leave the game, burst linkers try to duel her to get her remaining BPs. However, she beat all of them and in the process took most of their BPs (she has a lot now). She told to the defeated that even though she is leaving the game, she will not leave as a loser and if any tries to force her into a duel, she will make them wish they left her alone. Since then, she disappeared to college where there are not burst linkers since they were not the same age. When she came back, she help out new players that does understand the AW and the duels. She has a fetish for maid dresses since she was 4 and is working at a cosplay maid cafe when coming back her college graduation (she feels cute when she wears the maid dress). She is really strong to real life as the karate club mention that she once smashed through a foot of concrete with a single punch. She gets really angry if the insults she receives goes too far. This tends to give she a black aura.

Her duel avatar Shadow Tesla is a close range fighter and can defend against long ranged fighters. Even though she Level 5, her combat experience make her par to a king. She is really fast and can counterattack when the timing is right. She uses her Pulse gun and shield on several occasions. Her Tesla tanto is mainly for armor piercing. She take advantage of her electrical and electromagnetic abilities like using the metal scraps in the surrounding and channel the flow of electricity to hit a certain mark.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 09:19   Link #560
tsunade666

is this for fic character? their is no subforum for AW (yet) so we can't really make a thing out of it. And this thread is for the novel thread. Is this really the right place for that?

So your new character now is a... shadow? almost black .... heck it is black.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality