AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 08:50   Link #1
Gundamx

Kingdom

Quote:
Millions of years have passed since the times of legends, when the worlds of man and gods were still the same. In these times it was the desires of man that moved the world. It is the era of the 500 year war: The warring states peroid. Kingdom is the story of a young boy named Xin who grew into a great general and all the trials and bloodshed that lead him there
From mangaupdates

Strange... why no one open topic for it yet?

Anyway, it look like the manga eng scan finally pass the anime story
+
It look like the manga been move from Weekly Young Jump to Weekly Shonen Jump
... I guess it will change from Seinen to Shonen?
(Make it easier for anime people ?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 09:03   Link #2
ragez2010
TamingSari

finaly someone made this thread.

there is no change for magazine, there only oneshot in Shonen Jump.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:07   Link #3
ta2666

What's this about a oneshot did it come out first or is it a crossover or is there no relation at all

Really happy this thread opened finally
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:23   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^The one shot in WSJ next week is just a side-story unrelated to the main Kingdom storyline.
It seems to take place somewhere between volumes 22~24.

Once in a while when main Shounen weekly magazines are shuffling orders of titles in and out, they need a spot to be filled for a week, and manga running in other sister magazines have a one-shot "guest" chapter.

Shingeki no Kyojin (which runs in Bessatsu Magazine) had two guest-one-shots in Weekly Shounen Magazine, for exmaple.
Old 2013-05-12, 10:37   Link #5
rantaid

this is about ying zheng attempt to take the throne of qin and unify the seven states (Han,Wei, Zhao, Yan, Chu, Qi and Qin) of warring states period in china.

though it is kind of perplexing. Sima Qian's Record of Grand Historian made allusion that Ying Zheng is the biological son of Luu Buwei while Zhan Guo Ce deny this possibility.

Knoblock's Spring Autumn Annal of Luu Buwei made explanation that seem plausible. that is why it is hard for me to understand the view that author take on this story.

but i admit thia manga is highly entertaining like Bokko. and there is Li Si here.... now... the question is... who is Xin? is he supposed to be Li Xin?
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:14   Link #6
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
What's this about a oneshot did it come out first or is it a crossover or is there no relation at all

Really happy this thread opened finally
so this girl = just filler girl?
Ouch
Spoiler for Weekly Shonen Jump:

Quote:
who is Xin? is he supposed to be Li Xin?
Who know?
Maybe you are right

oh well, as long as he don't meet same fate with Li Xin, I am happy
Old 2013-05-12, 11:17   Link #7
ta2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^The one shot in WSJ next week is just a side-story unrelated to the main Kingdom storyline.
It seems to take place somewhere between volumes 22~24.

Once in a while when main Shounen weekly magazines are shuffling orders of titles in and out, they need a spot to be filled for a week, and manga running in other sister magazines have a one-shot "guest" chapter.

Shingeki no Kyojin (which runs in Bessatsu Magazine) had two guest-one-shots in Weekly Shounen Magazine, for exmaple.
Thanks for the info so its kinda like the zhao stratagist side story how he met that girl (dont know her name she has two swords) are they still gonna have the reg chapter as well as the side story
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:38   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
who is Xin? is he supposed to be Li Xin?
Yes. He is called Li Xin in the very first chapter, which is like a Gurren Lagann style short glimps into the future.

And I don't recognize any of the Chinese names you mentioned since I read this in Japanese pronunciation.
Old 2013-05-12, 18:13   Link #9
rantaid

well ... then the main protagonist is doomed then.

later the legalist Li Si (rishi) would either betray Luu Buwei (ryofui) or change side and become ying zheng's most trusted retainer. but mostly involve Lao Ai.

Meng Wu (mobu) will change side to ying zheng while changpingjun will goes to Chu.

and... there is still no sign of Han Fei and Wei Liao.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:49   Link #10
DarkDooM

Doomed? What happened to Li Xin (Lee Shin)?

Last edited by DarkDooM; 2013-08-22 at 18:43.
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:52   Link #11
Used Can

If Xin is indeed based on Li Xin, hopefully they'll change his story and what he managed to achieve. I think it'd be disappointing if Kingdom's Xin's story ended like Li Xin's.
Old 2013-05-13, 02:17   Link #12
rantaid

according to Sima Qian 's record of grand historian and zhan guo ce, the qin's general Li Xin was executed/fired after failing to subjugate the state of Chu and suffered great loss of 200,000 men during the campaign against Chu's general Xiang Yan.

the state of Chu was then subjugated by qin's general Wang Jian.

basically seeing the author's selection for Ying Zheng.... then in the end ... Ying Zheng will expell or sacrifice all his allies and instead absorbed all Luu Buwei's faction, even 3 of his four pillars (even Li Si will be his most valuable retainer) to his. own political faction.
Old 2013-05-13, 07:39   Link #13
Gundamx

manga have a lot more blood than the anime...
people getting cut by half > army soldier losing arm and legs while in anime...
actually how they hell did they though that they can have war anime without any blood?
(good think that they add some blood in final battle)

anyway
what will happened if kingdom happened in naruto time line?
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2013-05-13, 10:14   Link #14
willx
Nyaaan~~

There's an anime thread btw: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...95#post3857095

@rantaid -- Where can we find more information on this? I've tried looking around to no avail. If that's Li Xin's end that's quite sad, although I thought I read somewhere that he wasn't executed after the Chu campaign and that he and Wang Jian worked together afterwards.

EDIT: Ah, this is where I read it, while Wang Jian was subjugating Yue, Wang Bang (Wang Jian's son) was with Li Xin subjugating Yan and Qi

Last edited by willx; 2013-05-13 at 10:35.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 10:22   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't think his death was actually historically recorded to such details.
I have a feeling he's getting fictional references confused and mixed with Shiji - records of grand historian.
Old 2013-05-13, 10:56   Link #16
rantaid

@willx

the story about the rise and fall of Qin is famous. many have attempted to romanticized it.

but the basic is :
Sima Qian's Record of Grand Historian on Biography of First Emperor of Qin (Qin Shi Huang), then on the biography of Li Si.
Intrigue and Politics of Warring States Perios (Zhan Guo Ce) on chapter of Qin, Chu

also read additional stuff like:
Complete work of Han Fei Zi
Wei Liao Zi
Book of Lord Shang (Shangjunshu)
Spring Autumn Annal of Luu Buwei

for easier stuff just try to read Ravages of time. if you understand it at one read then kingdom can be considered as casual reading. or try to read Bokko.

actually Li Xin was not that bad as general for he meritted in sweeping the state of Yan and Dai (anyone watch Qin shi ming yue? ) but he lost due underestimating enthroned king of Chu (changpingjun) and Xiang Yan.

@aohige

well... i only reminded of him (li xin) getting reprimanded and in Qin's law that basically death penalty. read about lord Shang Yang political reform and Wei Liao Zi.

you forget about legalism?
Old 2013-05-13, 11:12   Link #17
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

From the references I've seen, it's quite the opposite. Li Xin, despite failing the invasion and having massive losses, was not executed, and served at the king's side. He even left successors (children) after the incident.

As far as I know, his life past the incident is murky and unrecorded, leaving open many fictional interpretations.
Old 2013-05-13, 15:10   Link #18
Gundamx

for people who think Shin/Xin forget to use his armor in last anime war
nope, he didn't
he make sure to ...
Spoiler for armor:

anyway, it look like the anime skip some part from manga > so if anyone want to move from anime to manga while they want to skip anime chapter (their lose ) than they should start from chapter 74 which is after first war and befoe general Ouka war(strange bird of Qin)
(they skip many manga chapters like the story about Sei past)
Old 2013-05-13, 18:17   Link #19
rantaid

is that so?
Old 2013-05-14, 15:34   Link #20
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
From the references I've seen, it's quite the opposite. Li Xin, despite failing the invasion and having massive losses, was not executed, and served at the king's side. He even left successors (children) after the incident.

As far as I know, his life past the incident is murky and unrecorded, leaving open many fictional interpretations.
Yeah, that's what I read too, I was reading an english translation of "Record of The Grand Historian" as well.

So, I'm a fool, I went and spoiled myself up to the very latest released chapter (despite not being able to read it) .. oh dear, I'm going to be waiting a long time for everything to get caught up.

Tags
china