AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-09, 21:08   Link #1741
Justin_Brett

I kind of agree with Hayate getting outsmarted and beaten up being a bad thing, but you should blame the writers who had that happen to the character, not she herself.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:12   Link #1742
rxrx

Quote:
Hayate has always been a glass cannon/tactical nuke launcher
I agree, which makes it strange that she did not bring Zaffy with her. I mean, he 'is' family right? His ability as a shield will do wonders in actual combat but we only see the guy as a pet, guardian and martial arts teacher. What happen to 'shield guardian'?

Of course, you can blame the above for the writer but it is just so unlike Hayate to chuck a family member away.....
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:26   Link #1743
Key Board
Carbon

you have a point

But well, perhaps Zafira didn't want or couldn't use a Strike Canon. Remember that you need special equipment to defend against Dividers. Isn't the StrikeCanon compatibility with people who are not Nanoha fairly low?

And considering how Curren OHKO'd Erio it wouldn't have helped that much
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:30   Link #1744
rxrx

Maybe. But Zaffy is built to be a tank so he should be able to take more hits than Erio whom is more like a Fragile Speedster and have not been in active combat for some time.

I just realize all of this is moot if Touma release the Full Power Divide Zero Eclipse(Manga Ver.), everyone will kick the bucket, be it the Hukes or the TSAB.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:38   Link #1745
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Maybe. But Zaffy is built to be a tank so he should be able to take more hits than Erio whom is more like a Fragile Speedster and have not been in active combat for some time.

I just realize all of this is moot if Touma release the Full Power Divide Zero Eclipse(Manga Ver.), everyone will kick the bucket, be it the Hukes or the TSAB.
She also OHKO'd Vita
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-09, 21:42   Link #1746
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Back to the game's story, at what point the future casts simply forgo secrecy, at least partially? (the memory seal shouldn't matter on this as they don't know about it yet)
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:42   Link #1747
rxrx

If I'm not wrong, Signum is the front-line attacker, Vita is the all rounder, Shamal is the tactician and healer and Zaffy is the shield right? So maybe he can take more hits than the others.

Speaking of Zaffy, anyone knows what he is doing in Force? I think I miss out that part.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:46   Link #1748
Justin_Brett

Yeah, it pretty much would have been a quadruple kill instead if he'd been there, sadly. It had to happen, so it did.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:46   Link #1749
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
If I'm not wrong, Signum is the front-line attacker, Vita is the all rounder, Shamal is the tactician and healer and Zaffy is the shield right? So maybe he can take more hits than the others.

Speaking of Zaffy, anyone knows what he is doing in Force? I think I miss out that part.
Sitting in one panel near Shamal and nothing else.

Where's Caro and Teana?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 21:47   Link #1750
rxrx

Teana is testing out the new weapon I remember. No idea about Caro.
Old 2012-01-09, 21:49   Link #1751
Key Board
Carbon

Teana is part of Fate's staff. She hasn't had a field sortie yet.

Not sure about Caro

Here's my own question: why aren't there more combat cyborgs deployed in Force? They're made to operate
under extreme AMF conditions

You'd think their nature would make them more effective than mages when fighting Eclipse Dividers
Old 2012-01-09, 21:56   Link #1752
rxrx

The combat cyborgs I think are also part of Special Force 6, but just have not get a chance to join the fray as of yet I believe. Maybe we will see how well they fare against the Eclipse Dividers.

Or have them fight Touma, the resident punching bag to see how well their abilities will work.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:07   Link #1753
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Time to take it to the Force thread guys.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:12   Link #1754
rxrx

Yep. Sorry about going away from the topic. Back to the game's story, I think it is a good thing that everyone got their own time to shine...

Also, Chrono really is a nice guy as seen in his conversations in Sequence 6 and 7. Kyrie even mentioned without the joking tone that suggests she might jump on the guy if he is three years older.
Old 2012-01-09, 22:14   Link #1755
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I kind of agree with Hayate getting outsmarted and beaten up being a bad thing, but you should blame the writers who had that happen to the character, not she herself.
She wasn't outsmarted. She was ambushed by a dues ex Machina.

Also, any brutal sparring Touma and "the wives" recieve is arguably preparing them for the unforgiving demands of life or death combat.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 22:39   Link #1756
Justin_Brett

I meant more Curren's attempt to get her tied up in another investigation on her character, which she just sort of rolled over and accepted like there were no other options.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:23   Link #1757
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Hmm...

*imagines teenage/adult Dearche pulling a Tohsaka Rin deredere act*

@________________________@

You read my mind.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:46   Link #1758
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
In Sequence X.... we see the mess that if you take a closer look, that it's Touma, Isis and Lily (incinerated by the three scary people).
Old 2012-01-10, 05:38   Link #1759
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Also, even if Hayate have to run laps, it is nothing compared to being beaten down to pulp regulary by the Aces. It's more like Touma and wives are being treated as punching bag to vent fustrations than actual training. Note how he is terrified of Hayate yet respects Signum. He is only afraid of Vita as she is a tough drill sergent and he respects her as well.
I really think we're looking a tad to seriously at something intended just for laughs here.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 05:45   Link #1760
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I really think we're looking a tad to seriously at something intended just for laughs here.
Maybe. I never really understand the humor in pummeling people for fun even though I have watch countless anime and manga.