AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-29, 04:26   Link #10061
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I wonder if the pagan Deities are a special existence, or they're actually powerful humans, or they're just stories...
My guess is that they are renegade Angels.
Old 2011-04-29, 05:14   Link #10062
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Going a few pages back: no, AIM and Telesma are definitely not derived from the same source. You really need to brush up on your Index lore if you think they are, since all the evidence we have so far suggest that though they have similar characteristics, they are fundamentally completely different. They aren't even from the same plane of existence. AIM is the substance or energy released by espers, a concept based on Aleister Crowley's Thelema (different from Telesma!), while Telesma is what makes up the Heavens, a concept of Christianity. Obviously, Aiwass did not originally exist in the same plane as the Christian angels. Aleister's Artificial Heaven plan would force the laws of Magic to recognize the Artificial Heaven made of AIM as the real heaven which houses the templates or so for the elements instead of the Heaven made of Telesma, and this causes spells cast and even the very process of drawing Mana from Life Force to backfire on the caster. This effect is already manifested in the small scale inside the brains or bodies of every esper, severely hampering their ability to cast magic. AIM (and its supposed derivative, dark matter) and Telesma also have an antagonistic relationship, meaning AIM cancels out Telesma and vise versa. This is demonstrated by:
  • Accelerator's Reflect failing on Gabriel's wings and Sweep (and against the Golden Sky blast), while being effective on normal magic from the Russian magicians
  • Fuse Kazakiri (owing to the denser AIM field) managing to hold her own against Gabriel, while the same cannot be said for Accelerator despite him being able to easily manipulate Kazakiri's attacks
  • the containment of Gabriel's Telesma inside a constantly reinforced hollow sphere made using Fuse Kazakiri's wings
  • Angelerator tanking Fiamma's Golden Sky blast with his wings
Accelerator's inability to successfully control Telesma means that it is fundamentally different from AIM and even Mana or Magic Power, which he successfully managed to reflect, though with strange results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The raw material is a supernatural matter, but after being crafted by technology, it becomes something else- so does it stop being a supernatural matter? It's like water is completely different from the oxygen and hydrogen it's made from.
I believe the answer here is no. All the supernatural aspects will be negated by IB, while the natural aspects like the cloth or the thread in some special nun's robes (Walking Church, etc) or, in Equ Dark Matter's case (since, I think, only the weaponized helmet is made of Dark Matter), the rest of the suit and the supposed sensors and controls inside the helmet will be unaffected. Being able to affect or manipulate the supernatural does not necessarily make the manipulator supernatural. Else, the flesh and blood of magicians and espers would be considered supernatural, and they would vanish to nothingness if Touma touched them. Conversely, supernatural objects or forces shaped by natural means or made to resemble natural objects are not converted into the natural, as is the case in Curtana, the Steel Gloves, the Queen of the Adriatic, etc.
Old 2011-04-29, 09:52   Link #10063
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Strictly speaking though, for Telesma and AIM to not have the same source, would mean that AIM is not a creation of God....that is so far unknown...all that is certain is that AIM is an anomaly as far as known mystic lore can tell.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:47   Link #10064
TouMAN

I was just reading the intermission in Vol. 22 where Misaka trys to stop the nuke.
When did the hole nuke thing start ? and is it really aimed at Touma?

Goodwill Shall Be Trusted For Now
Old 2011-04-29, 15:32   Link #10065
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
I was just reading the intermission in Vol. 22 where Misaka trys to stop the nuke.
Lol, Touma could survive a nuke by hiding in a refrigerator.....
Old 2011-04-29, 16:06   Link #10066
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
No its aimed at Academy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Thats bull
Old 2011-04-29, 16:32   Link #10067
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
you are probably right ....

Another question

when have Touma and Lessar started to team up ?

Old 2011-04-29, 16:53   Link #10068
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Thats bull
Tell that to George Lucas and Indie.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-04-29, 16:54   Link #10069
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
you are probably right ....

Another question

when have Touma and Lessar started to team up ?
V.20

On a side note how old is Saten as in I think she is originally an index character, cuz lookie here in the back.

Old 2011-04-29, 16:58   Link #10070
Ashaman

Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko are all 13 years old.

Misaka is 14
Old 2011-04-29, 17:00   Link #10071
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

nonono i mean had originally thought she was a railgun character but if u look at the other person in the picture its Saten
Old 2011-04-29, 21:18   Link #10072
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But it does beg the question; are equdark matter weapon considered technology or supernatural? They specifically stated that it's completely different from the Dark Matter that it's created from...
The EqDark Matter weapons are stated to be forged using Dark Matter as the raw material, and the users boasted it has surpassed the Level 5's limits. They're still esper weapons I suppose, but controlled by technology.
Quote:
No its aimed at Academy City.
No, after Bishop Nikolai was back-stabbed by Fiamma he decided to launch the nukes at the Star of Bethlehem. Mikoto went to stop it since a nuclear explosion at that height would lead to a greater mess than Chenobyl as the wind carry the isotopes across the world.
Old 2011-04-29, 22:27   Link #10073
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
V.20

On a side note how old is Saten as in I think she is originally an index character, cuz lookie here in the back.

I would rather think that that background character was a sheer coincidence. The first volume was ways before Saten even got conceptualized for the Railgun project, which didn't even exist at that time... yet.

I do recall that Kamachi originally had no plans to expand his novel series beyond volume 1, but probably did so upon knowing there are requests for continuation from his editor.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-04-29, 22:39   Link #10074
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
V.20

-snip photo-
So that's how all my bandwith gets used, people link my pictures everywhere.
Old 2011-04-30, 04:49   Link #10075
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
I do recall that Kamachi originally had no plans to expand his novel series beyond volume 1, but probably did so upon knowing there are requests for continuation from his editor.
SISTERS were already mentioned in the prologue and the Epilogue doesn't really feel conclusive so I think he did intend to expand the story, but maybe not in such 4-month intervals.
Old 2011-04-30, 06:39   Link #10076
TouMAN

Thx for almost finishied translation of Vol.17
every day a new part!
bet no other novel gets translated as fast as index, keep it up

Old 2011-05-01, 16:42   Link #10077
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
But there's only ONE God
Not really. The Christian god might be in control right now. But that doesn't mean the gods from the Aeon of Isis just vanished. The magic before the age of Osiris still works. Those gods might just become outdated.

The Valkyries can also be considered the natural power user from Aeon of Isis.

The Right Hand Users should be the candidate to become new gods. If they ever succeeded in shifting the world into the new Aeon, they'll probably be the one who becomes a new god.
Old 2011-05-02, 04:29   Link #10078
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Anyone remember the Culture Festival mentioned in Volume 14 (the one which Mikoto wanted to attend with Touma)?

I am not good with dates in novels so I would like to ask if the Festival happened or if it is still an upcoming event? It was supposed to happen around a month after date of Volume 14.
Old 2011-05-02, 05:25   Link #10079
tsunade666

the Ichihanaransa is held probably new year or next year as an opening day of the year though I'm not so sure.

Quote:
She had wanted to talk to him about the cultural festival-like event that takes place across the entirety of Academy City. The opening day of this year's festival was still over a month away, but because of the terrible horrible result of the Daihaseisai (the actual result was a mix of good and bad, but this was how she had already begun to think about it) she felt she should hurry up and take measures to ensure the success of the Ichihanaransai.
one thing is sure. It's more than a month before it comes. So given the time of WWIII and the unknown days Touma is gone. Probably it's getting nearer but still not over. The Ichihanaransai will probably happen in NT.
Old 2011-05-02, 05:39   Link #10080
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

November; I remember clearly in volume 17 where Fukiyose was trying to rally the class to put up a good 'show' for the festival. I don't think the author would throw away the idea after so many hints, my speculation is that it would take 2 more volume (aka end of this year) to clear up their current predication with the Board of Directors gunning for them all, after that would be the start of the festival and Necessarius attacks!!

As a sideplot; Mikoto decided to confess her feelings once and for all, after losing Touma once, she doesn't want to live with the feeling of regret ever again.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen