AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2007-09-10, 18:58   Link #201
Omfgbbqwtf

Haruka route eh? If the OVA is ture and the accident will never happen in the OVA, I think it would still be interesting to see what would Mitzuki's action be. Would she still be trying to get close to Takayuki or will she move on? What would Haruka do if she starts to get suspicious about Mitzuki's actions? I don't play the game so.. those are just my speculations.

Too bad Akane already has an OVA of her own. Wasnt what I expected. I was hoping it to be a Akane route (Akane = my favorite character).
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 20:52   Link #202
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If the accident never happens then something dramatic must happen in its place, because without the accident and its resolution KgNE would've been just a cliche romance. I hope that this OVA is somewhat good in comparison to the original.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 05:59   Link #203
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
If the accident never happens then something dramatic must happen in its place, because without the accident and its resolution KgNE would've been just a cliche romance. I hope that this OVA is somewhat good in comparison to the original.
Given that the SFD release of KimiNozo had the 'what-if' scenario option both Mitsuki and Haruka in the case of no accident, there's still a good possibility that the accident can occur and we're possibly looking at the Best path for Haruka over the (overall) Good path for Mitsuki that the anime took. It's all really just a matter on which way Age wants to take it this time around.

My bet is that the accident will probably still occur, but will find us fast-forwarding through the known parts to the alternative decisions that Takayuki makes in choosing Haruka over Mitsuki.
Old 2007-09-11, 16:29   Link #204
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I hope that the accident does occur since the first time I watched it, I was supporting Haruka until the end, so it would be worthy to watch for me.
Old 2007-09-21, 17:51   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, the first volume of the OVA will be released on December 21st. I don't know how many volumes there'll be in all, so we'll see.

Also of interest, perhaps, is that the OVA series is being released by Bandai Visual, and not Media Factory, as was the case with the TV series and Akane Maniax.

P.S. Mods: would it make sense to merge this thread with this one?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 07:40   Link #206
Perishthethought

I know I've said this a few times, but I can't wait for this. I really can't. It's going to be an interesting little festive treat. Multiple volumes? Probably 3 I would guess, much the same as Akane Maniax. Interesting how they've included a picture of the modern-day Haruka to advertise with. Does this tell us something about when the OVA will be set?
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:53   Link #207
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perishthethought View Post
I know I've said this a few times, but I can't wait for this. I really can't. It's going to be an interesting little festive treat. Multiple volumes? Probably 3 I would guess, much the same as Akane Maniax. Interesting how they've included a picture of the modern-day Haruka to advertise with. Does this tell us something about when the OVA will be set?
As I said, the best guess I can come up with how they will play this out is probably first half of first OVA episode showing the lead-in into the accident and how Takayuki acts towards Haruka (more to how her path was in the game)...second half of the first OVA episode showing a brief lead-in to the events between the accident and Haruka waking up. The rest of the OVA will be probably Takayuki and Haruka working through things.

Basically we'll get a fast-forward for the prior events and then a quick rundown to how Haruka's path ended in the game.
Old 2007-09-22, 13:06   Link #208
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Akane Maniax was pretty bad, so I hope they're not going to half-ass something like that.
Old 2007-09-22, 20:12   Link #209
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Akane Maniax was pretty bad, so I hope they're not going to half-ass something like that.
There's nothing wrong with AkiMax, seeing as it almost exactly mirrored the game it was based upon, which was meant as a stop-gap between KimiNozo and MuvLuv....so to call it half-ass is kinda a quandary with me
Old 2007-09-22, 22:00   Link #210
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I'm not basing it on the game-anime transposition, but rather the overall plot of it and the animation quality.
Old 2007-09-23, 08:09   Link #211
umeboshi_onigiri

The first volume is up for preorder at CDJapan.
umeboshi_onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:05   Link #212
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
I'm not basing it on the game-anime transposition, but rather the overall plot of it and the animation quality.
Animation quality was pretty on-par with KimiNozo, granted things were more colorful in AkiMax...beyond that, you cannot disregard the source material when basing opinions on the plot.
Old 2007-09-26, 16:52   Link #213
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeboshi_onigiri View Post
The first volume is up for preorder at CDJapan.
12/21?! Gah, why must the wait be so excruciating...
Old 2007-10-27, 15:09   Link #214
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like haruka route is coming out on the 21st of december? I've found it on anidb here is the link
Old 2007-10-28, 19:31   Link #215
tempest09

Send a message via MSN to tempest09 Send a message via Yahoo to tempest09
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA?

Hi, I was wondering if it's true that there's a new Kimi ga Nozomu Eien OVA coming out?

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5470
tempest09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:37   Link #216
Inu_Sess__
Vinyl Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Inu_Sess__
I presume it's correct, as anidb is usually accurate.
Inu_Sess__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 19:43   Link #217
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, a preliminary solicitation for the second OVA episode (on Animate, Sofmap, etc.) shows it listed for February 22nd, so about two months after the first episode's release (on December 21st). Not sure how many episodes it'll be in all, but we'll see.
Old 2007-11-16, 19:39   Link #218
chinadoll_sakura

Send a message via Yahoo to chinadoll_sakura
I would love to see a Haruka ending, I was for her all along, eventhough I didn't hate the original ending. The accident is a big part of the anime so I hope it's included
chinadoll_sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 07:54   Link #219
HeeroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, a preliminary solicitation for the second OVA episode (on Animate, Sofmap, etc.) shows it listed for February 22nd, so about two months after the first episode's release (on December 21st). Not sure how many episodes it'll be in all, but we'll see.
I read on this month's Newtype that it will be a 4 eps OVA.
HeeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 17:49   Link #220
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeroX View Post
I read on this month's Newtype that it will be a 4 eps OVA.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense given the catalog numbers. Sounds great! I'm very much looking forward to it.

Tags
âge, brains base, drama, ova, romance, seinen