AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 98 65.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 22:16   Link #21
Aznsteel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
10/10

I watched it raw, I can't wait to watch it subbed! I kept looking for a raw version all day - yes, on this fateful day SnS ends, I am in bed with a high fever - and when I've found it I found myself struggling to not push the video forward, to see the ending - I didn't though

My favorite parts:

1. Wilhelmina getting so emotional.
2. The Margery/Shana vs Sydonay/Yuji fight. Man that was awesome! Probably the best fighting scene in all SnS! Also, it was very symbolic and thoughtful to hear Hishoku no Sora, it gave a lot of unity to the whole series.
3. Shana getting tsundere again, and her Urusai x 3!
4. Sydonay's encounter with Hecate in the afterlife. Those two were really close to eachother.
5. My most favorite: the long awaited kiss! It was so sweet... although
Spoiler for novel ending:

Despite that, I understand why J. C. Staff didn't put it in the anime: they had so much to animate in the final chapter that if they put it all it would have to be a double episode - I wouldn't mind :3
6. Showing all the characters in the end

Anyway, I would like to say that it is nostalgic to see SnS's end, but at the same time I am happy Thank you Yashichiro Takahashi for this amazing story, which I won't forget, thank you Noizi Ito for the wonderful illustrations and thank you J. C. Staff for keeping faithful to the novels in this last season - any other way would have ruined everything.
I have a hunch they are going to put it as a special feature in a dvd. The part with Shana singing would be awesome. I still have one more last episode to go to finish my marathon so sad 10/10
Old 2012-03-23, 22:41   Link #22
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

And as a supporter of my favorite character, poor, poor, poor Yoshida Kazumi. Left without a chance of saying goodbye to her former love and her best friend.
Old 2012-03-23, 23:03   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A bumpy travel it had been, but at least the ending of the entire anime felt well done. Not a bad end.
And finally Hirai-san came back to me!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-23, 23:55   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

actually I want to wait until subbed version out.... but somehow I can't resist the temptation
so I watch it...

omg... I don't know Japanese but I must give this episode 10/10 (wait! someone gives 1/10 score??!!!)

so what I get are :

1. Flame Haze go to Xanadu (but I don't know about Sophie... at the end, she looks like holding a teleconference between real world and Xanadu)

2. Indeed... Wilhelmina has changed a lot... Justus will get a good mother... so Justus is like a combination of Johan and Pheles existence

3. That battle... omg... I almost think Yuji want to bring Yoshida with him (wow! Kristen must be very happy)... I don't really get all of Yuji's plan.. .but I can understand most of them from Deathscyther's explanation (thanks a lot)... conclusion, Yuji plans to be a martyr... blaming all mistakes to himself while trying to take responsibility in watching good relationship between human and tomogara and flame haze
Finally, I can hear 'urusai' trademark again with a huge flame buster from Shana (this is the first time during 3rd season)

4. The kiss.... awwww.... finally Yuji gives up... waiting for 76 episode is totally worth it (24 season I + 24 season II + 4 OVA)

5. in the ending, I feel very sad when they show the picture of Ike-Yukari-Yuji... so Yuji's existence is completely disappeared... Satou and Margery are married, right?

I might write more but I must wait the subbed version

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS ENDING....
in my opinion this is one of the best happy ending I ever watched... even better than Clannad, Angel Beats, etc
Old 2012-03-24, 00:08   Link #25
elleinad00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
(wait! someone gives 1/10 score??!!!)
I want to kill that humanoid.....
Old 2012-03-24, 00:30   Link #26
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
They all went to Xanadu and continue to live with the humans there. Except for Sotf, who went back to sleep.
And what about Margery and Satou? That is bugging me. Since they're not mentioned in this thread .
Old 2012-03-24, 00:43   Link #27
Swimming

Margery decides to stay on earth for Satou's sake ^^
Old 2012-03-24, 01:21   Link #28
redflame

*pants

Can't.. calm down.. freaking.. kiss was THE BEST!! XD I've been dreaming of the day I'd see the kiss scene, just like a hardcore Shanite fan I am.

Best episode out of all sns episodes. Why? Because of the kiss of course! I've loved everything about this episode, though I'm a little disappointed that they didn't animate Shana singing to Yuji at the end. Oh well, Who cares? J.C staff has done a fabulous job. I thank all the people in J.C staff helped animate this whole series. Also, Yashichiro Takahashi for creating this beautiful story for us to adore!

Good bye Shakugan no shana.. I'll definitely miss you terribly.. and I'll always remember this series. Shakugan no shana will definitely stay in my heart forever.

Now.. I need to calm down.. and go repeat the same kiss scene again...

EDIT: Okay, I've calmed down. Anyway, I loved how they added the very first opening song in the episode and Wilhelmina was blushing. Also, how Shana went full-on spazz when she was fighting with Yuji and how she pwned him But surprisingly, she immediately calmed down from her full-on rage when she flew with Yuji up in the sky. O_o Aside from the kiss, Margery is a more nicer character.. when she fought in the fight I could definitely notice the big change in her and how shes smiling because of Keisaku. Seriously, Love can do wonders.

Last edited by redflame; 2012-03-24 at 01:35.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:34   Link #29
FFrank227

Like everyone else here I couldn't wait to watch it subbed(what's with all these delays!?). I must say what an ending to this outstanding anime series, it has been a long ride and I will most certainly miss it.

For those of us who wish to thank the creators, staff, etc for their hard work and dedication over the years - apparently the official site's front page has been updated for quite sometime now with when the anime series began and ended, as well as pages where you can view/post thank you comments. There are very few english comments so don't hesitate to post.

www.shakugan.com

http://arigatou.shakugan.com/ - fill out the form with your name and a message(140 characters max) that you would like to post.

http://www.shakugan.com/arigatou/ - where all the comments are posted, different comments are shown each time you hit the reload button at the bottom.
Old 2012-03-24, 03:22   Link #30
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFrank227 View Post
Like everyone else here I couldn't wait to watch it subbed(what's with all these delays!?). I must say what an ending to this outstanding anime series, it has been a long ride and I will most certainly miss it.

For those of us who wish to thank the creators, staff, etc for their hard work and dedication over the years - apparently the official site's front page has been updated for quite sometime now with when the anime series began and ended, as well as pages where you can view/post thank you comments. There are very few english comments so don't hesitate to post.

www.shakugan.com

http://arigatou.shakugan.com/ - fill out the form with your name and a message(140 characters max) that you would like to post.

http://www.shakugan.com/arigatou/ - where all the comments are posted, different comments are shown each time you hit the reload button at the bottom.
Receive my love, J.C. Staff
Old 2012-03-24, 05:01   Link #31
elleinad00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFrank227 View Post
Could it be in english??
Old 2012-03-24, 05:11   Link #32
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad00 View Post
Could it be in english??
no XD..but it's simple..just insert your comment^^ and click^^ (when you have 2 button is the left one^^)
Old 2012-03-24, 05:34   Link #33
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And as a supporter of my favorite character, poor, poor, poor Yoshida Kazumi. Left without a chance of saying goodbye to her former love and her best friend.
I was looking at that scene with mixed feelings. I think she was sad, but really happy at the same time.

The last few episode were pretty hard for Yoshida. The person who welcomed her into this world, Khamsin, died while protecting her. Whilhelmina, who she became quite close with, left towards the new world with Justus, the existence that was able to come to be because Kazumi protected him.

Yuji, her love interest, and Shana, her friend and rival in love, departed to Xanadu together without saying their goodbyes. I guess that they had to hurry, since the doorway to Xanadu was closing. The doorway closed as soon as Yuji and Shana went through after all. It must have been hard on Yoshida to see those two disappear like that.

But in the end there is no reason for her to be sad. She probably won't ever see Yuji and Shana again and her friends (except for Margery, Satou and Eita) have completely forgotten about them, but she'll never forget them. She'll never forget the happy times that she spent with them. She'll always remember that those two have always protected her, her friends, her family, her city and her world with their actions. Although she probably wants to be with those two that she came to love, she knows that they're happy together and that they're still working hard towards the goal to make humans and tomogara coexist.

She's still alive. She still has her family and her friends. On top of that, her best friend Hirai Yukari has been brought back. She's not alone. Knowing Kazumi, she'll work hard for her own goals from now on as well.

Quote:
(wait! someone gives 1/10 score??!!!)
I guess I can understand why that person did that. 1 out of 10: Painful. It was pretty painful seeing this final episode for me as well.

Quote:
1. Flame Haze go to Xanadu (but I don't know about Sophie... at the end, she looks like holding a teleconference between real world and Xanadu)
I think Sophie and the flame haze she was talking to have stayed behind in this world. They weren't on Tendōkyū with Rebecca. I think the only ones who have gone to Xanadu are the tomogara who were in Misaki City, Hyakki Yakou, the 3 gods of the motherland, the flame haze on Tendōkyū, Wilhelmina, Justus, Shana and Yuji.

I don't think that there's any direct connection between this world and Xanadu either, just like there's no direct connection between this world and Guze.

Quote:
Finally, I can hear 'urusai' trademark again with a huge flame buster from Shana (this is the first time during 3rd season)
I completely forgot about this in my post. I loved that part as well. You can't end Shakugan no SHANA without her trademark 'Urusai, urusai, urusai!' in the final episode.

It wasn't the first time this season though. She said it in episode 4 as well.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-24 at 05:52.
Old 2012-03-24, 05:52   Link #34
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Never liked Yoshida character...happy that she is alive...but...
Old 2012-03-24, 06:45   Link #35
AP24

Zero no Tsukaima just ended and it made me feel like watching the last episode of Shana again. Well it's because both series:

Spoiler for ZnT F ep12:

But Shana's ending was better and more memorable. I'm gonna miss both series.
I wonder if JC Staff will complete Hidan no Aria (assuming there will be more seasons) since it belongs in the same group as Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and Toradora.

Last edited by AP24; 2012-03-24 at 07:50.
Old 2012-03-24, 07:50   Link #36
~Yami~

Indeed... Yoshida needs more love...
but she is someone who can move forward and facing future... she's not weak!
too bad that Yuji and Shana never manage to say a proper 'goodbye' to her (unlike Johan and Pheles)

well... it's better if all of Flame Haze go to Xanadu. I don't see any reason for them to stay in earth again... (except Margery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
It wasn't the first time this season though. She said it in episode 4 as well.
eh??!! really??? gotta re-watch that... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Zero no Tsukaima just ended and it made me feel like watching the last episode of Shana again. Well it's because both series:

Spoiler for ZnT F ep12:

But Shana's ending was better and more memorable. I'm gonna miss both series.
I wonder if JC Staff will complete Hidan no Aria (assuming there will be more seasons) since it belongs in the same group as Shana, Zero no Tsukaima and Toradora.
I don't think it's proper to talk about other series here....
but so far, J.C. staff only does a very good work in Shakugan no Shana and Toradora... when I first watch Hidan no Aria or ZnT.. I don't get the same feeling like when I first watch SnS and ToraDora... I don't know what is lacking but J.C. staff best work for me is Shakugan no Shana... that's all
Old 2012-03-24, 07:50   Link #37
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
I guess that they had to hurry, since the doorway to Xanadu was closing. The doorway closed as soon as Yuji and Shana went through after all.
Not really, Yuuji closed the doorway himself with the piece of Tartaros that Bel Peol gave him. It was also said in the novel how they "left without saying any goodbyes".
They are not being mean, it's just much more fitting that way, I think. At least I got the feeling that this really was well done when reading the chapter.
Old 2012-03-24, 08:43   Link #38
Deathscyther

Quote:
well... it's better if all of Flame Haze go to Xanadu. I don't see any reason for them to stay in earth again... (except Margery)
Only the tomogara that were in Misaki City were able to go to Xanadu. This was the only doorway to that world. I'm 100% sure that this weren't all the tomogara in the world. I'm sure that there are tomogara who didn't want to go to the new world or who simply couldn't make it to Misaki City on time. Not every tomogara was part of Bal Masque after all.

And what about the new tomogara that will come from Guze? I don't think that new tomogara will stop coming from Guze, just because there's a new world now. The tomogara in Guze probably don't even know about our world and Xanadu. They probably just end up somewhere in our world (and maybe now Xanadu too) after exiting Guze. That's something that still kind of bugs me to be honest. We don't know much about guze. Just how did tomogara live there? How did they cross over to our world? If it's possible between Guze and our world, then maybe someday a way between this world and Xanadu can be found as well.

So there's a good reason for flame haze to stay in this world.

Quote:
eh??!! really??? gotta re-watch that... lol
I still think that it was her best 'urusai, urusai, urusai' of the whole series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Not really, Yuuji closed the doorway himself with the piece of Tartaros that Bel Peol gave him. It was also said in the novel how they "left without saying any goodbyes".
They are not being mean, it's just much more fitting that way, I think. At least I got the feeling that this really was well done when reading the chapter.
I think that the doorway to Xanadu closed because the PoE that made the doorway was used for Yuji's and Spiral Organ's restoration spell. The spell was supposed to use an incredible amount of PoE after all. Justus was also 'created' using the PoE there, so I guess the doorway closed because there was no more PoE left to maintain it.

Yuji got the control key of Tartaros that was placed around the city. It was used as some sort of barrier to make sure people can't get hurt because of the final battle between him, Shana, Margery and Sydonay. I don't think that this control key of Tartaros also has the power to 'close/negate' the doorway to Xanadu. Tartaros can indeed be used in many different ways, but I think that's only the case when you have the whole treasure tool. I don't think that's the case when you only have one control key. It can probably be used for one thing only.

And why would Yuji close the door? He wants as many tomogara as possible to head to the new world after all.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-24 at 08:55.
Old 2012-03-24, 08:51   Link #39
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

;___________________;

A PERFECT 10/10

RAW
This episode was just beautiful. From Yuji & Shana's final battle to Syndonay & Margery's final battle, everything was well done. The animation, fighting, terrific use of timing, EVERYTHING.
The kiss and then the ending was so nicely done that I literally cried.

Now that the series is over, I believe that no other series will best this #1 choice of mine. I've been a happy and moved fan since the series started and will always be no matter what.
SnS forever!!!!!
Old 2012-03-24, 09:09   Link #40
elleinad00

Wow now we're kinda talking about Yoshida here but oh well. In this season she somehow changed... from being annoying to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
no XD..but it's simple..just insert your comment^^ and click^^ (when you have 2 button is the left one^^)
Oh..........
Closed Thread