AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 15:11   Link #5201
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Well, I'll be believe Kenichi can catch up to Miu when I see. Sadly, that'll be 1000 chapters and 20 years down the road... And he'll still be a disciple. As Matsuena has established it right now, if the Elder wasn't holding Miu back, there's no way Kenichi would be able to catch her. She progresses more in a month than he does in two years, readiness or not.

He's going to have a hell of a time explaining just how Kenichi becomes stronger than her in the end because with this chapter he basically established that talent is greater than hard work-- and someone who has talent AND works hard will basically be unstoppable.

And yeah, I figured it was mostly for comedic purposes after the whole "Kenichi's dead!" by Apachai. It's kind felt like Matsunea felt the need to castrate Kenichi there without any other purpose than thinking its funny (not a fan of the butt monkey trope.. Kenichi doesn't have much of it, but I never find all the pain and torture a lead character goes through, usually without cause, to be humorous).

Of course, part of my beef with this whole thing is that I haven't been really happy with the series since the DofD arc. As I mentioned previously, I'm a fan of the disciples, but since then, they've all been written off while the masters overshadow them. I understand that the disciple fights can't be the only focus, but it's also not fun when the story is focused around a group of bad guys the lead character and his side kicks can't even touch.
Old 2012-06-30, 16:27   Link #5202
Johnny
Working the bags...

Just read the chapter and minus the Miu and the Yomi stuff I could probably find quite a few chapters that were similar if not word for word. Was is it really necessary to name all the masters again? It's not like we can forget about them when they've run the show for quite some time now. All one can hope is that with this new Yomi threat Kenichi might actually get some real training like Miu received, but not holding my breath...

Also not sure some are surprised that Miu could wipe the floor with Kenichi. She always has and always will as long as the masters don't teach Kenichi squat and do everything for him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 16:42   Link #5203
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Of course, we can't forget the cheap drama that's going to come out of all this. The Elder and Kenichi hiding things from Miu for her own good... yeah, that's going to work out well. /sarcasm
Old 2012-07-06, 10:02   Link #5204
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

God...Kenichi's mother is such a fine MILF...I can never get tired of her. We need a spin-off series called "Shirahama Household!" staring Kenichi's Mom...and only her.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:12   Link #5205
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I always thought kisara's subordinate was a guy.....
Spoiler for Rimi:

and yes Kenichi's mother is IMO by far the hotest female in the series..
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:28   Link #5206
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

It would be funny to see Ogata know about the meeting trough Rimi's blog .
That would be weird on so many levels.....

And a mom like that.... Damn.... Kenichi's dad is one lucky son of bitch.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 10:30   Link #5207
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I always wonder if Kenchi mother is actually came from family of martial artists... her freaking body is shape as one..
Spoiler for Kenchi mother... is hot:
Old 2012-07-06, 10:44   Link #5208
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I always wonder if Kenchi mother is actually came from family of martial artists... her freaking body is shape as one..
Spoiler for Kenchi mother... is hot:
That theory has been around ever since her first appearance in the series.

They say "Look at the mother to see how a girl's gonna turn out at that age" well let me tell you that Tanimoto better hold on to Honoka cause she'll be hothothothot when she grows up.
Old 2012-07-06, 11:57   Link #5209
ShiroiRyu

That make some time i didn't saw Sebastian and Kenichi family. XD
Old 2012-07-06, 12:15   Link #5210
ellifeedn
Thinker

Does this series take place in 2003 (around the time the series started publication)?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 12:27   Link #5211
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Does this series take place in 2003 (around the time the series started publication)?
A year or so should have passed already but yes, I think so.
Old 2012-07-06, 13:24   Link #5212
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Lol at the chapter..

The first thing in my mind after reading the chapter is...Kenichi mom is a babe wow...

And was funny to see the double date...

So, Kenichi and Ryuto are going to see each other..interesting, i wonder what they will talk.., and i wonder if Rimi is going to do something...

i want to see the Elder training...i hope it, is coming soon...Kenichi needs a new move...by the Elder
Old 2012-07-06, 16:07   Link #5213
ReddyRedWolf

I like to think Kenichi's dad is a mellowed out Golgo 13 that got finally reeled in by Kenichi's mom.

Which means she's badass.

LOL Kenichi's dad wants to meet Natsu introducing him to Sebastian. You can see his double standard when it comes to his son and daugther.

Dad reluctantly allows Kenichi do what he does as he sees he is growing up a fine man.

Honoka is girl any boy sniffing around her has a bullet reserved for them.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:09   Link #5214
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Which means she's badass.
He is, even Shigure recognized his skills with the rifle when he tried to "rescue" Kenichi.
Old 2012-07-07, 03:19   Link #5215
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Lol at the chapter..

The first thing in my mind after reading the chapter is...Kenichi mom is a babe wow...

And was funny to see the double date...

So, Kenichi and Ryuto are going to see each other..interesting, i wonder what they will talk.., and i wonder if Rimi is going to do something...

i want to see the Elder training...i hope it, is coming soon...Kenichi needs a new move...by the Elder
I'm looking forward to it too, will this be where Ryuuto finally breaks away from YOMI? I can't say he was ever truly loyal to them, since he created Ragnarok to oppose them.

And Rimi, you baka! Broadcasting his plans over the Internet, that's bound to get all three of them in hot water. I wouldn't be surprised if she also "crashed the party," so to speak.

And yes, more King Troll- uh I mean Elder Training. If Kenichi's going to fight Ogata himself somewhere down the line, he's gonna need all the hellish training he can get. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 02:58   Link #5216
JAGI_X

So Kenichi is going to meet his old friend so what is he up to will they just talk or something else.
Old 2012-07-08, 05:09   Link #5217
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I'm looking forward to it too, will this be where Ryuuto finally breaks away from YOMI? I can't say he was ever truly loyal to them, since he created Ragnarok to oppose them.

And Rimi, you baka! Broadcasting his plans over the Internet, that's bound to get all three of them in hot water. I wouldn't be surprised if she also "crashed the party," so to speak.

And yes, more King Troll- uh I mean Elder Training. If Kenichi's going to fight Ogata himself somewhere down the line, he's gonna need all the hellish training he can get. Until then...

I wonder about it...i mean..Rimi did it..so, what happen if Kensei is going to join in..or Rimi herself..interesting..i think that for Kenichi, is too soon fight against Berserker...Kenichi need training..by the Elder..
Old 2012-07-08, 10:19   Link #5218
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Kenichi's father needs to appear more often...

Rofl!
Old 2012-07-08, 11:00   Link #5219
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I wonder about it...i mean..Rimi did it..so, what happen if Kensei is going to join in..or Rimi herself..interesting..i think that for Kenichi, is too soon fight against Berserker...Kenichi need training..by the Elder..
Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up. And Rimi's just made it too easy, this has the word "fiasco" written all over it. Though of course he will during a Kenichi-Berserker throwdown, announcing Berserker as his disciple. Yeah, that'll throw Kenichi's mind for a loop, before his body is as well. Oh yeah, it's gonna get real ugly real soon. Until then...
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:42   Link #5220
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Kenichi's father needs to appear more often...
When Natsu and Honoka get married its gonna be a shotgun wedding. With dad bringing Sebastian.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen