AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 14:35   Link #421
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What's a good second class for Panne to learn? Thief or Wyvern rider? Nowi as well...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 15:00   Link #422
Shadow5YA

Wyvern Rider for both. None of the basic class skills are that good, but Deliverer and Lancebreaker from Griffon Rider is useful for Panne (and Yarne) for that +2 move when Paired Up and extra +50 avoid against Lances to cover up a Taguel's Beast Killer weakness.

You could also get Lethality from Assassin if you want. Skill/4 isn't really a reliable proc rate, but you can't get any other attack skill, so there's not much choice there.

Nowi is similar: Mage and Wyvern Rider's basic skills aren't that great. Griffon Rider's Deliverer is useful, and you definitely want Swordbreaker from Wyvern Lord to cover her Wyrmslayer weakness. Both Sage and Dark Knight have skills with limited use. There's no point in using Tomefaire if you want her to go back to Manakete later (and you do). Rally Magic is a useful AoE buff, but that does depend on what your army is like and your formation. Dark Knight's Slow Burn is useless, and Lifetaker requires a strong offensive unit that can kill reliably. With Nowi's low speed, that probably won't happen.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 18:00   Link #423
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh god Gaius x Cordelia had a pretty dull conclusion I failed as a shipper...

I don't know if I can go through with Virion x Panne, Fredrick's convo with her seems much better...

Libra x Tharja is good though, Libra is pretty smooth for a priest.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:55   Link #424
Shadow5YA

A lot of supports have fairly jarring conclusions. Many supports have the two characters at a platonic stage for C-A, and then when you get to S it's like the proposal comes out of nowhere.

I'm pretty sure Anna even mentions how sudden it is with her Male Avatar S support.

And then there's male Avatar and Tharja... where the majority of the time he's creeped out by her stalking him.
Old 2013-03-22, 21:32   Link #425
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A lot of supports have fairly jarring conclusions. Many supports have the two characters at a platonic stage for C-A, and then when you get to S it's like the proposal comes out of nowhere.

I'm pretty sure Anna even mentions how sudden it is with her Male Avatar S support.

And then there's male Avatar and Tharja... where the majority of the time he's creeped out by her stalking him.
She's been following my female Avatar around... I'll bet the dialog up through A is the same.

I paired Vaike with Tharja... he seemed stupid enough to try and strong enough to survive her curses.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 22:56   Link #426
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Is it fine if I'm unable to get Galeforce before Lucina ? I know she can get it later herself, but would it be a waste of time? How is she as a pegasus knight type?
Old 2013-03-23, 00:13   Link #427
Shadow5YA

She's fine. She'll be getting lances if you get her to Great Lord anyway, so you might as well train her lance rank now. The Pegasus Knight classes are fairly fast, though they're kind of fragile... and weak to bows... and wind magic... and Beast Killers

You can kind of see why Dark Flier is the one that learns Galeforce. They kind of need it to hit and run since they can't take a hit.
Old 2013-03-23, 02:59   Link #428
Pen3

Im on chapter 14 and everyones married but I havent done any prologues to get their children. I like Anna, but want to wait for Tiki for MU wife. I was wondering if not playing the regulars will have any effect on children stats at this point? Because I like some of the Spotpass characters and want to use them instead.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 03:11   Link #429
Shadow5YA

The children's base stats are affected by their parents' stats.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_base.html#children

Long story short: the total amount of stats gained by the parents is averaged together with the childrens' absolute base stats to give the starting stats they will have when you meet them in the Paralogues.

Spotpass characters are useful since they have every class options like Avatar, but keep in mind they cannot form supports and therefore will be losing the hit, critical, and avoid boosts your main characters will have.
Old 2013-03-23, 03:37   Link #430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Virion and Panne's support convo turns out to be pretty decent after all (at least so far up to A) so I guess I'll probably go through with that, but I don't want to train Virion pass level 10, so I guess Yanne would just have to make do with Prescience, which from it's description sounds like a pretty good deal.

I'm thinking of making Cherche into a Griffon Rider for Deliverer, at least Gerome would have a good skill if I don't feel like leveling her to lv 15... Vaike would still have to work hard for that Axefaire....
Old 2013-03-23, 17:08   Link #431
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
No, I'm not saying they're a liability. My point is that you want a Counter user to have high HP and low defense so that more damage can be reflected back. Warriors fit the bill perfectly.
Eh, no what I mean is that I want a skill that offers them some sort of protection on enemy phase like Counter. It doesn't not have work the same way Counter does (HP and low defense), it can just be an evasion skill of sort.

Quote:
lol, but being less terrible than one of the worst classes isn't saying much
Yeah yeah, semantics. But this is what the discussion was originally about.

Quote:
The extra movement is nice, but you can only turn away from your weaknesses for so long. If a high move class has to use that move avoiding an enemy unit they are weak against, then that extra move would go to waste, wouldn't it?
True, but the game isn't so rigid that it can't be worked around otherwise nobody would ever use mounted classes.

Quote:
Actually, he's terrible earlygame because of his low base stats, low starting weapon rank, and bad starting class (Villager).

Your best candidate for the first Second Seal would actually be the Avatar, because (s)he would be the first to hit level 10 from Veteran's EXP boost and being a strong enough unit that (s)he would be killing so many units on his own.

Donnel comes second because he needs that Second Seal or he continues to be a liability as a Villager.
Actually that's exactly why if you're using Donnel that priority for the Second Seal go to him. Unlike Villager, Taction is a good class and the Avatar is already a solid unit. Donnel on the otherhand needs to get out of that class ASAP and into one where he can put his skills and growth to good use (which shouldn't take long). You will get plenty of Second Seals later for the Avatar later and s/he won't slowing down your army by leaving it as is.

Quote:
All he really has is a strong midgame, but then again... so do your other units with the same amount of favoritism. It's not that he's completely useless but that his potential is limited. But then again... both Hard and Normal give you enough flexibility that you don't really need to have the best units.
You're probably right, but I don't think his post Villager performance should be brushed aside. Donnel's quite sold unit that's actually worth putting some effort into getting. Sure he needs favoritism, but that's how he was intentionally designed, he is a bit of a special character.

Plus he seems like he'd do well in endgame thanks to Armshift and his high luck, making him one of best people to make use of "high MT low durability" legendary weapons or Brave weapons. Sol is also arguably the second best mastery skill after Aether and it activates twice as much so he won't be dying any time soon.

Quote:
Spotpass characters are useful since they have every class options like Avatar, but keep in mind they cannot form supports and therefore will be losing the hit, critical, and avoid boosts your main characters will have.
Spotpass characters are pretty meh compared to characters you get in game honestly. They have far better use as merchants thanks to the rare stuff you can buy from them.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 00:09   Link #432
Sol Falling

First time wandering into Animesuki's games subforum...didn't realize there was a FE thread here. I've been working at Awakening a whole month and still don't look anywhere near close to finishing it, lol. Been taking it slow and steady.

I'm currently before ch. 15 on Hard Mode casual and just recruited my Chrom!Inigo with inherited Galeforce. One of the primary reasons I decided to go for that was to get early access to buyable Second Seals, but with my slow rate of progress and Annas/Streetpass encounters I actually managed to get enough to reclass all the 1st gen units I wanted to quite a while ago, lol. Also, I'm gonna be benching my Olivia for quite a while, she's way overlevelled and with nearly capped stats compared to all my other characters. I barely got a chance to play with Galeforce, she's presently a level 1 Swordmaster lol.

Not gonna marry off any of my other characters until I get them all with A supports to each other so I can save and reload to obtain all the support conversations, haha. My tentative plans for marriage are based off the suggestions of a certain thread on Gamefaqs currently, but one thing I am pretty undecided about is what I'm gonna do with my +Mag/-Def FeMU character. There are aesthetic concerns as well as optimization ones...I wonder if I should just go for a male magic-oriented second-generation character, as I imagine none of them could be as aesthetically unattractive as several of the first gen males like Donnel, Vaike, or Gregor.

Anyway, gonna keep up with this thread, since it seems like there's some good advice/experienced FE players here. What I was actually looking/hoping for, though, was actually a Style Savvy 3DS thread (lol), 'cause I wanted to talk about how, after checking my online shop for the first time in like 3 months today (due to noticing that DLC content had been released), I found out that I had received a freakin' 2000 purchases from other players lol.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2013-03-27 at 00:20.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 00:27   Link #433
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Not gonna marry off any of my other characters until I get them all with A supports to each other so I can save and reload to obtain all the support conversations, haha. My tentative plans for marriage are based off the suggestions of a certain thread on Gamefaqs currently, but one thing I am pretty undecided about is what I'm gonna do with my +Mag/-Def FeMU character. There are aesthetic concerns as well as optimization ones...I wonder if I should just go for a male magic-oriented second-generation character, as I imagine none of them could be as aesthetically unattractive as several of the first gen males like Donnel, Vaike, or Gregor.
Yeah, most likely you'll end up going for a second generation male as your husband. Your choices for a first gen husband are pretty limited for a magic Avatar/Morgan. There's only Henry, Libra, and Ricken, and they're probably taken by others.

The only choice I saw was Brady, Laurent, or Henry/Ricken/Libra!Owain.
Old 2013-03-27, 02:47   Link #434
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Going back to this, the StahlxPanne is pretty WTF too. He gets her to come to meals with the group a couple times and then he suddenly wants to marry her?

On the flipside, my recent VirionxSully turned out rather nice, but then again those two had some good chemistry together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
She's been following my female Avatar around... I'll bet the dialog up through A is the same.

I paired Vaike with Tharja... he seemed stupid enough to try and strong enough to survive her curses.
I have same pairing myself. I'm not sure if they really make a good couple or not, but damn if their interactions are funny.
Old 2013-03-27, 02:51   Link #435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Going back to this, the StahlxPanne is pretty WTF too. He gets her to come to meals with the group a couple times and then he suddenly wants to marry her?

On the flipside, my recent VirionxSully turned out rather nice.
I went with Virion x Panne....... It's not... Too bad?

Panne with Fredrick was funny-cute, with Lon'qu she had a "Urusai! Baka!" moment which was good as well.

Quote:
I have same pairing myself. I'm not sure if they really make a good couple or not, but damn if their interactions are funny.
Vaike with Cherche for me... Sort of a pretty girl with charming dumb oaf

Lon'qu and her is good too... Like Henry, I think Lon'qu is good with any girl
Old 2013-03-27, 23:49   Link #436
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I went with Virion x Panne....... It's not... Too bad?

Panne with Fredrick was funny-cute, with Lon'qu she had a "Urusai! Baka!" moment which was good as well.
I've just started Fred and Nowi supports where Nowi immediately assumes he's into little girls and he has to bribe her with fruits to calm her down and spar with him.

Quote:
Vaike with Cherche for me... Sort of a pretty girl with charming dumb oaf

Lon'qu and her is good too... Like Henry, I think Lon'qu is good with any girl
Gaius supports with other women is pretty good too, particularity with Nowi.

I'm really curious to what a conversation between Lon'qu and Tharja would be like, she'd probably enjoy his reaction to her unlike the others.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-28 at 00:06.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:07   Link #437
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm really curious to what a conversation between Lon'qu and Tharja would be like, she'd probably enjoy his reaction to her unlike the others.
Tharja actually acts fairly normal around him (probably because she's only interested in the Avatar)

Their support conversation starts off with Lon'qu telling Tharja to back off because of his fear, which he makes sure to say it it's the same for all women. Tharja offers a hex that will get rid of his fear, which does get him interested. Then later he talks about his past and the reason behind his gynophobia.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:15   Link #438
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I've just started Fred and Nowi supports where Nowi immediately assumes he's into little girls and he has to bribe her with fruits to calm her down and spar with him.
I tried Nowi and Donnel... It's okay I guess.

Ricken and Nowi's confession seems better.

Quote:
Gaius supports with other women is pretty good too, particularity with Nowi.
Gaius and Maribella has history together.

Gaius and Cordelia had a good start, but the confession is so... Bland.

Quote:
Tharja actually acts fairly normal around him (probably because she's only interested in the Avatar)

Their support conversation starts off with Lon'qu telling Tharja to back off because of his fear, which he makes sure to say it it's the same for all women. Tharja offers a hex that will get rid of his fear, which does get him interested. Then later he talks about his past and the reason behind his gynophobia.
Lon'qu seem to have that with most women, it was the same with Panne where he has to explain himself

Lon'qu and Cherche is the one where he finally tackles his trauma at it's roots.... Plus he would then go on to father Nightwing... I mean Gerome, who would inherit his father's lonewolf behavior... Only to be 'cured' in the same fashion by Sumia's daughter
Old 2013-03-28, 08:15   Link #439
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quick question, What is a good Skill for Libra to pass to Noire? Should I reclass him to sage for Tomefaire? For a promoted class he feels a lot weaker compared to my other characters...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-28 at 10:45.
Old 2013-03-28, 11:48   Link #440
Sol Falling

Renewel is pretty good if you got him to lvl. 15 as a War Monk.

If you're taking optimal promotion paths (i.e. second sealing at level 10 (if you're gonna do it), promoting at level 20), prepromotes (Frederick, Libra, Anna for me so far) generally underperform statwise compared to your other characters. Of course, you don't really have the luxury of doing that in Lunatic mode, but I presume you're not doing that. Since I plan to use all the characters anyway, I've given all of the prepromotes All Stats +2, it helps them cope a bit.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem