AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-15, 18:20   Link #61
marvelB

Needless to say, I find it highly unlikely that an admiral will fall at this current time (ESPECIALLY in the case of the new ones). I may sorta kinda agree with James if the admiral(s) in question were the ones from before the skip, but even then that would leave only Kizaru (Aokiji's no longer a marine, and no way in hell Akainu going to be toppled anytime soon now that he's an FA).

But yes, I believe it's clear at this point that this will be the arc where Dofla will fall. After this, my guess is that Luffy and co. will be gunning for one of the yonkou (and out of them, I'd say it's most likely Kaidou, since even the current Caribou story ties in with that particular emperor). HOWEVER, I also expect Luffy to ally himself with more powerful NW pirates before he actually faces the emperor(s) in question. Because while I do agree that the stakes should be much higher in the series' second half, I'd still find it pretty BS if Luffy were capable of toppling the biggest world powers solo.....
Old 2013-04-15, 18:37   Link #62
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Needless to say, I find it highly unlikely that an admiral will fall at this current time (ESPECIALLY in the case of the new ones). I may sorta kinda agree with James if the admiral(s) in question were the ones from before the skip, but even then that would leave only Kizaru (Aokiji's no longer a marine, and no way in hell Akainu going to be toppled anytime soon now that he's an FA).

But yes, I believe it's clear at this point that this will be the arc where Dofla will fall. After this, my guess is that Luffy and co. will be gunning for one of the yonkou (and out of them, I'd say it's most likely Kaidou, since even the current Caribou story ties in with that particular emperor). HOWEVER, I also expect Luffy to ally himself with more powerful NW pirates before he actually faces the emperor(s) in question. Because while I do agree that the stakes should be much higher in the series' second half, I'd still find it pretty BS if Luffy were capable of toppling the biggest world powers solo.....
but eventually luffy will have to fight an admiral or a yonkou and win... what I don't understand is how he will get to that point without another time skip to level up... because clearly right now he is no where near their level
Old 2013-04-15, 19:33   Link #63
marvelB

^I just mentioned a way for him to face those opponents in my post, though. He wouldn't be facing the yonkou/admirals alone, but with the help of powerful allies. IMO, that's the most plausible way for him to topple the world powers without making it seem cheap in the process.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:06   Link #64
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
^I just mentioned a way for him to face those opponents in my post, though. He wouldn't be facing the yonkou/admirals alone, but with the help of powerful allies. IMO, that's the most plausible way for him to topple the world powers without making it seem cheap in the process.
I don't think it will be like that though... usually it's Luffy 1v1 against someone else... it has always been like that throughout the entire series
Old 2013-04-15, 22:08   Link #65
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
but eventually luffy will have to fight an admiral or a yonkou and win... what I don't understand is how he will get to that point without another time skip to level up... because clearly right now he is no where near their level
We don't know what level he is at right now , the same can be said for all the other SH .
None of them had any fights so far where they even had to try .
Plus they going to improve after righting stronger guy just like in the first half .

Quote:
He has to be able to beat a Yonkou captain or admiral in a 1 vs 1 in time .
The question is who going to be the first one and how long it going to take .
Old 2013-04-15, 22:23   Link #66
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
He has to be able to beat a Yonkou captain or admiral in a 1 vs 1 in time .
The question is who going to be the first one and how long it going to take .

Honestly, the only plausible way I can see Luffy winning against an admiral/yonkou solo at this stage is if his opponent is already past their prime when he eventually confronts them. Pretty much like how he was able to take on Zephyr in Film Z, in other words. Otherwise, I still say a group assault is the way to go....
Old 2013-04-15, 22:44   Link #67
andy

Quote:
Honestly, the only plausible way I can see Luffy winning against an admiral/yonkou solo at this stage is if his opponent is already past their prime when he eventually confronts them. Pretty much like how he was able to take on Zephyr in Film Z, in other words. Otherwise, I still say a group assault is the way to go....
The question is how strong are the new admirals going to be i don't think people should judge them base on the past 3 ones .
I don't see him fighting a Yonkou captain or admiral any time soon but if he had to face one i put my money on a admiral first .
Old 2013-04-16, 01:12   Link #68
marvelB

And now to interrupt the current conversation to let you guys know that early spoilers are out, so come and get 'em!
Closed Thread