Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-24, 08:19   Link #421
Altharion
Pirate A

Send a message via MSN to Altharion
wao: kosagi vs karasu happened ep 17
and Shangri-La no Futatabi was also in ep 18 when kuina and karasu first fought.

both ost were composed by Nanase so i dont really find much different except for some of the songs. the music in noein is pretty much great and i dont think they meant for the ost to fight each other but if i could buy only one of them then i would buy ost 1 since it has some of my most memorable songs in the series imo.
Altharion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 08:37   Link #422
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

The first OST was incredible and this second one has some good tracks but overall it sounds more like a game soundtrack to me.

In fact the folk melodies Nanase uses reminds me of Kumi Tanioka's wondrous Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles OST. IMHO a lot of the weaker tracks do have a Final Fantasy feel to them i.e. mix of folk and synth ...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 14:42   Link #423
Yuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Yuu no Kanashimi was in episode 22... when Karasu was explaining a bit about Haruka to Yuu. That was nice. Although in this version the strings sound like they're from a synth :| I guess the l33t sound tech people managed to mix it in nicely in the episode.

And have we ever heard Jikuu Senshi no Shukumei? It sounds so creepy... I wonder if we'll get to hear it in the final ep? I don't remember hearing a number of these songs..
I thought 'Yuu no Kanashimi' played when Yuu appeared to Isami in 22? Heh I don't have the ep anymore since it was on another computer, so I can't check..

About Jikuu Senshi no Shukumei: I really think it will be in the last episode...it has to. Maybe at a point when Haruka makes her final choice? I don't know...it will be interesting, BUT NOW I'M EXPECTING IT IN THE FINAL EP!!!
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 03:43   Link #424
wao
OK.

The official site finally updated. No pics for ep 24 () but, there's a small writeup that doesn't reveal a lot. I'm still worried that the final ep will conveiniently forget about a lot of things.

Also, all the cast members have now got comments taken after the ending of recording, you can see them here: http://www.noein.jp/about/staff.html#cast (click on the names) I had translated their pre-airing comemnts but it got lost in the forum crash and I can't be bothered to do them again just yet.

There's also a nice pic of the whole cast. And the director. Speaking of which, on the 24th was Kazuki Akane's 44th birthday!! Happy birthday. Whee.

Anyway - I find it soooo hilarious that Noein/Karasu's seiyuu is so small and cute!! Look at him, he's got that sweet smile and pudgy little face... (although it's not as sweet and cute as Haruka Kudou's. She's a model for crying out loud.)Yuu's seiyuu (Fujiko Takimoto, front row on the extreme right) looks more serious and manly than Kazuya Nakai - it's a case where the voice and the face totally don't match Just like Juurouta Kosugi with his deeep serious voice (David in Blood+, Charles in Eureka 7, Fernand in Gankutsuou, Akio in Utena, Dryden in Escaflowne... )

I can't recognize everyone in there though...
I can only recognize:
Front row - all
2nd row - far left, Kenichi Suzumura, on the far right is either Atsuko Tanaka or Sayaka Ohara, and I think the two people hiding in the middle are Mai Nakahara and Ryoko Shiraishi.
3rd row - Rikiya Koyama? then Kohei Kiyasu, and then definitely Kouki Miyata. The old guy is Hikaru Miyata (Wanderer of Time)
Right at the back - Far left is definitely Kenta Miyake (Isuka, Mayuzumi). Then... who the hell is that? And the person with the sunglasses might be Keiji Fujiwara.
Old 2006-03-26, 04:20   Link #425
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh god, Yuu's seiyuu just cracks me up. Those Japanese and their haircuts! 8)))

By the Power of the Great Mullet! 8)

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-03-26 at 04:39.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 18:59   Link #426
BluWacky
尻の竜

It's finished :(

Episode 24.

I thought I'd be calm. I thought I'd be collected. Admittedly I have spent pretty much all day doing nothing but anticipate this episode.

As soon as I started watching it I went totally nuts, basically. I can't believe Noein's finished

I'm going to have to watch it again to catch the bits I'd missed. I'm not sure how everyone's going to feel about the ending - to be honest, I don't think they'd quite finished animating the episode in time for the broadcast, but they're obviously not going to change the story at all, and it seems a little bit rushed in some respects - while they didn't resolve everything (as we'd expected) it did everything that actually MATTERED, and that's what's important; it isn't even actually as much as a "cop out" as it might have been.

Actual episode discussion in spoilers - I'm off to bed (if I can sleep without mulling things over), and plan on rewatching to clear up the stuff I didn't immediately understand. I think once I've cleared those things up (perhaps with the help of you lot) I'll be a lot clearer on how I stand with the ending as a whole. Whatever happens, I think Noein is a magnificent series; with everything cleared up, I'll be able to decide just HOW magnificent.

Spoiler for MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR THE LAST EPISODE. SERIOUSLY. DON'T READ BEFORE YOU WATCH THE EPISODE.:
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 19:17   Link #427
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Oh, damn, it's that day already. Wow, the time flew by so fast...
Old 2006-03-28, 19:31   Link #428
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Yeah, it's been great sharing this airing with all of you... Having people to talk about such an odd and compelling series makes it that much more enjoyable..

**EDIT**
Hmmm, it has not yet appeared at it's usual time and place... sniffle

Last edited by Splendiferous; 2006-03-28 at 23:22.
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 20:33   Link #429
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendiferous
Yeah, it's been great sharing this airing with all of you... Having people to talk about such an odd and compelling series makes it that much more enjoyable.
Lovely post. Expresses feelings I didn't realize I had, but I do. Thanks, everyone.

I wish I understood the final episode well enough, but I loved it anyway, and felt pretty satisfied, in my ignorance. The look was just fabulous, despite some sketchy moments. I also guessed they might have not quite completed a few things in time. And they were really sketchy with the people in the control room at one point, lol (it worked great in context). But what wonderful blue snow! The snow scenes at the very end were so beautiful, too. And the fights were as wonderful as ever, or moreso.
Spoiler for ep24:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-29 at 04:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 00:34   Link #430
Freakman

To Splendi :
Spoiler:
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 00:49   Link #431
Yuuu

Quote:
Yeah, it's been great sharing this airing with all of you... Having people to talk about such an odd and compelling series makes it that much more enjoyable..

**EDIT**
Hmmm, it has not yet appeared at it's usual time and place... sniffle
Yep, the site is down, and I am going crazy here trying to not read some people's posts here. I've succeeded thus far, but I won't for much longer.

I NEED THIS EP NOW!!!

I feel bad that I wasn't here for much of the discussion...I really wish I found this place earlier. This is probably the best Noein discussion out there and I hope some of you would stick around further, even though the series is over to talk about it, because it is such a good show.

I'm still wondering if my theory which I stated in an earlier post here on what happens to Karasu is right...

Spoiler:
Yuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 06:01   Link #432
wao
OK.

I'm surprised I haven't made a wreck of my house being impatient for Noein 24.

Let's just keep it calm and cool, yes.... mhm.... *twitches*

By the way, what's all this about (taken at TAF)?

Episode 24.... *twitch*

...*twitch*...

ga-
Old 2006-03-29, 09:10   Link #433
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

I feel your pain Wao... I do...

*EDIT* pain receding... Noein appeared...now arriving slowly per second anyways...
Old 2006-03-29, 10:02   Link #434
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I was extremely sattisfied with the ending, even though I am already feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

I won't recap what happened, because I am sure that most of you will watch it now anyway, so I'll just try to explain why I thought they did a splendid job of completing the series. The animation was well-done as usual. I don't think I need to prove it, because they went all the way in this aspect. But I feel like the animation isn't the main thing anymore and here's why:

Spoiler:

It's sad to let it go, honestly...

But, they show has been a tremendous success on so many levels that I let go of Noein with neither regret not disappointment. It did everything I wanted it to and that's what matters to me.

Thanks a lot guys for the stimulating discussion and I hope this is not the last one.
Old 2006-03-29, 11:53   Link #435
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Mr. Prophet I have to join in with you on declaring my utter satisfaction with the ending, and your observations on Kosagi/Tobi are something that I hadn't picked up on at all, I will have to re-watch everything again and keep an eye out for that development

As usual, some questions/comments:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Splendiferous; 2006-03-29 at 16:06.
Old 2006-03-29, 13:21   Link #436
Glitch87

ok without telling me anything, how many stars do you guys give the ending?
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:24   Link #437
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87
ok without telling me anything, how many stars do you guys give the ending?
Compared to recent anime in general - 5/5

Compared to the rest of Noein, the expectations of the ending and what it could/should have achieved - 4.5/5
Old 2006-03-29, 13:27   Link #438
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
As usual, some questions/comments:
Spoiler:
Answer: "Ore wa dare da?" (Who am I?) My thanks to you and MrProphet for some interesting observations.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:40   Link #439
Freakman

Here comes my (sloppy) translation work :

Spoiler:

Last edited by Freakman; 2006-03-29 at 16:20.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 14:11   Link #440
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Spoiler:
In the context of what they were saying, "ninshiki" actually would mean something along the lines of:

- understanding
- knowledge
- appreciation
- cognizance
- responsibility

The meaning of what the inhabitants of Shangri-La were saying is...
Spoiler:

Amazing, isn't it? The depth of meaning in a single word.