AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 13:54   Link #10081
LeoXiao
思想工作

War Thunder is better than WoWP in my opinion, and feels less arcade-like than WoT. However, WoT's gameplay is more solid, since they really nailed the teamplay aspect. WT is super chaotic.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:38   Link #10082
Gravitas Free Zone

"To discuss on the forum click this linky thing"

LOL.

Also I'm getting battles where my T40 outdamages BDRs... and everyone else on my team, for that matter.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:52   Link #10083
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
War Thunder is better than WoWP in my opinion, and feels less arcade-like than WoT. However, WoT's gameplay is more solid, since they really nailed the teamplay aspect. WT is super chaotic.
Given the necessary amounts of coordination for combined arms actions that Jingles was commenting on for ground/air combat, revamping and upgrading teamplay is going to be a major area of focus for Gaijin before the ground combat update is added.

Last edited by aldw; 2013-10-05 at 15:31.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 16:39   Link #10084
Gravitas Free Zone

STATISTICS
Old 2013-10-06, 03:03   Link #10085
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Has anyone here heard what the 8.9 update contain?

Spoiler for The 8.9 Update. To those who haven`t seen it, READ IT AT YOUR OWN RISK:

And that`s what I heard from the WOT producer himself in announcements so far.

Recently bought T40 and M8A1 yesterday. The TDs are not that much hard for me since I learned how to play TDs properly with the help of my clan mate(since my clan trains all its members every Friday with comms in preparation of Clan Wars).

The M3 Lee is still torture, ugh this tank is hard to use. I was planning to give a go for M481 Patton and T110E5.

I have around 14k research points left for Cromwell since I have done well with Crusader. I destroyed Churchills and T1 Heavies with it

Speaking of War Thunder, I dont like that much since it does not value team work that much. I`m a team player so get on it haha

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-10-06 at 04:07.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 03:49   Link #10086
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
2. New Game Mode/ Team Battle - Feels like E-sports already . Play with friends and clan mates. You can no longer play with noobs(Thank goodness )
how that different from Tank Company?
Old 2013-10-06, 04:05   Link #10087
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
It can be found in Battle tab(I know that option is somewhere there). If you know World of Tank E-sports which can be found in WOT official gaming channel, you know the feel of that. Just think playing in E-sports almost everyday.

In order to do that battle mode, you must have a tank not less than tier 8(meaning up to Tier 8 only) and the total vehicle score is limited to 42. I havent participated any Tank Companies because I only started playing WOT in Sept. 9 2013

In SEA(simply called Asia server), Tank Companies is a rare to sight to see and that`s why I`m saving some tanks to use there(like Matilda). So in other words, imagine yourself playing in E-sports with your clan and friends.
Old 2013-10-06, 04:30   Link #10088
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
There is a limit of 7 players, you can random battle it I believe and there is a skilled MM.
Old 2013-10-06, 05:17   Link #10089
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Is it just me or anyone noticed that the 8.8 is buggy? Because the last matches I had, I heard a weak sound of gun(described as shrinked tank firing it`s cannon).

I hope that 8.9 will fix those bugs
Old 2013-10-06, 07:08   Link #10090
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I understand that many people here either pass on the premium tank aspect of the game, either due to limited funds or simply because they don't want to give WG money until they clean up their act (or put stuff like the Type or Tet back on sale), but I was wondering just what kind of offer would get one to avail the gift shop deals for the people here.

For example, I noticed that there seems to be a bundle of Soviet tanks on discount right now in a big batch, which includes, among things, the popular IS-6 as well as the SU-122-44 (and the SU-100Y which is kind of redundant if you ask me...), plus 11 days of premium. Would that be a good deal for less than 82 quibs/USD? Or is this the type of thing I should avail on if I'm interested in maintaining the Soviet line (which I am, as I already have the IS-3 and the T-54)?

Just gathering some opinions, before I make a decision on it.
Old 2013-10-06, 09:40   Link #10091
Gravitas Free Zone

If you were to purchase the tanks right now normally with gold, it would be 19225 gold with the corresponding weekend sale, not including the 11 days of premium, which some figuring says is worth approximately 727 gold. So call the package 20002 gold if purchased normally, plus the garage slots, which at the sale price are 1050 gold, making it 21052 gold.

At 250 gold/dollar, the Glorious Bundle is 21522.5 gold when the garage slots are included at the current sale price.

Gift Shop packages are rarely better than straight gold purchases...

In my case, the Glorious Bundle isn't a huge help, as I'd really only want the IS-6 (the SU-100Y reminds me of the JT, even if it is in a much more comfortable tier). I could buy the bundle and get gold back for the tanks that I already own (plus the premium time), but it would be at a monetary disadvantage. I already have the KV-5 and Churchill III for heavy training, even if the IS-6 is nominally a better money earner and isn't as freaky to drive as the KV-5.

The bundle with the IS-6 and Tetrarch is just about even with list price if purchased normally, and a slight benefit when considering the included garage slots and the more important factor that the Tetrarch is not normally available. And the Tetrarch is nice... it's just that it's nice at Tier 2.

Meanwhile, I chomped through the T40 to Wolverine grind in a day. It went fairly well... so far it seems that all of the Tier 4 TDs that I have gone through after the Hetzer were much easier grinds, probably because all of them have a massive view range advantage.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When I rolled four Alisas at random on the crew, I just had to make the fifth one also Alisa. That took 10 tries. I'm also amused by the names that I rolled at random.
Old 2013-10-06, 10:19   Link #10092
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Some days, everything falls into place. Top Gun, Sniper, and the highest exp result in my KV-1.

Victory!, KV-1, Cliff, 10/7/13 7:02 AM: 1,866 nXP, 1,833 dmg

Images

As the replay shows, I didn't play spectacularly - I was just lucky, and made fewer mistakes than my opponent.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 10:21   Link #10093
LeoXiao
思想工作

SU-122-44 obtained. First battle had a noob team but dealt 1200 dmg and 13K profit. This will be a good permanent Tier VII to replace my IS-2.
Old 2013-10-06, 11:39   Link #10094
Gravitas Free Zone

My math was close, since I failed to take into account the discount on premium time that is also running.
Old 2013-10-06, 12:49   Link #10095
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

With this, my British tank destroyer grind is finally over (hell, I started it before the Soviet TD line), and I have my third tier 10 vehicle.

Images

This was after a mind-numbing two-day grind in the Tortoise, which is far from my forte in TDs.

Images

I'm keeping my Tortoise for now, albeit without crew or equipment, since although I dislike its poor armor and speed, it still has potential with its amazing DPM. But it's still a prime contender for selling if I really want to buy another tank.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:12   Link #10096
LeoXiao
思想工作

Time for some tank advertisement:

VK 30.02 (M) aka What the Panther Should Have Been:

This fits my style perfectly for some reason. It's big, not agile, and badly armored, but it's relatively fast and most of all has superb gun handling. It's gun depression gives it good hull-down ability, and the gun aims and loads quite quickly, which allows many chances to fire, and fire accurately. Since it is only Tier VI, you won't be seeing much that is truly impenetrable as long as you flank in Tier VIII matches.

After 54 battles and an initial ten-round loss streak, I have:
48% WR (deflated because of said loss streak)
950 avg. damages dealt
1.4 specific damage
515 avg xp
1.5 kills/game
2.2 kills/deaths
33% survival rate
76% accuracy rate

Got 2 top guns, 3 Leväslaiho's medals, 2 Confederates, and four snipers.
Old 2013-10-06, 14:06   Link #10097
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Just got the Brothers in Arms perk on my Object 268. Combined with a rammer, improved ventilation, and a 100% crew, my reload time is 14.03 seconds. Damage per minute is 3635. I love this TD.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:15   Link #10098
Gravitas Free Zone

So I purchased the IS-6 and Tetrarch package (as I mentioned, I already own most of the other package and care little for the Valentine or SU-100Y).

One game so far.

Can't really add any observations about the IS-6 that haven't already been made: Gun is terrible, armor is bouncy. (Though I did have to reincarnate my driver at one point.)

Images

Deficiencies overcome by getting so close to targets that weak spots are difficult to miss, sidescraping, and doing an Operation Kelly's Heroes on the second Ferdinand.

The question that I have not yet been able to answer is which regular Soviet light I should train the Tetrarch's crew in (though frankly the T-127 is a better crew trainer), since the MT-25 is a suicidal option and most of the other Soviet lights are just blah. Maybe the BT-7 for low-tier trolling at a tier higher than the Tetrarch.
Old 2013-10-06, 17:52   Link #10099
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
With this, my British tank destroyer grind is finally over (hell, I started it before the Soviet TD line), and I have my third tier 10 vehicle.

Images

This was after a mind-numbing two-day grind in the Tortoise, which is far from my forte in TDs.

I'm keeping my Tortoise for now, albeit without crew or equipment, since although I dislike its poor armor and speed, it still has potential with its amazing DPM. But it's still a prime contender for selling if I really want to buy another tank.
Welcome to the 183 club XD
Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-10-06 at 18:04.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:01   Link #10100
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Welcome to the 183 club XD
Images
Oh god, it's glowing! With purple power!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks