AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-31, 14:00   Link #561
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Overanalyzation: the fact Simon, Viral and Yoko are the only Gurren-Lagann characters that didn't took their last names from their original birth places probably aludes to the fact they aren't "tied" to their doomed planet.
lol yeah, thats over analyzing. Kamina doesn't have a last name on char sheet, Coco-ji doesn't have it too. Spiral King last name is "Head" freaking funny. If Nia married Simon; what their last name :\?
Old 2007-07-31, 16:54   Link #562
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, not really so much wake her up... Nia's fully awake as she is. It's not like the actual Nia's sleeping or repressed, this is the real Nia. Which makes it all better, since rather than pull some emotional crap to wake Nia up, Simon will have no choice but to just show how Gar he really really is to Nia once again to make her wet herself and say "Screw Anti-Spiral Messenger, I want to be your Messenger, if you get what I mean."

That way, Simon will get himself Nia back, 50% less lovable and cute, but 200% more awesome.
I prefer Anti-Spiral Nia to the sickeningly cute Nia, and hope that Simon will really win her over in this form, but since this is a show about doing the impossible, I have this bad feeling that he really will find a way to deactivate her messenger genes and have her revert.
Old 2007-07-31, 19:12   Link #563
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I prefer Anti-Spiral Nia to the sickeningly cute Nia, and hope that Simon will really win her over in this form, but since this is a show about doing the impossible, I have this bad feeling that he really will find a way to deactivate her messenger genes and have her revert.
Since the this arc is about heroic failure, it may be referring to losing Nia, though it could also be referring to a Pyrrhic victory.
Old 2007-07-31, 20:26   Link #564
Destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Oh no... if Gar Simon really is a bit insane (very likely) that means Nia may not be around in the end... Geh, I hope I'm wrong.
Well I hope you're right.

Simon belongs on the battlefield. The skull and the flame symbols suit his final stage of development.
Old 2007-07-31, 21:01   Link #565
quina

most likely this arc will be short ending in 21 or 22 leaving 5-6 more episodes for the final arc.

Unconfirmed episode title:
Episode 19: "Keep living, use whatever method it takes"
Episode 20: "God, how far will you test us?"
Episode 21: "So that you can survive" (sounds like a nice finisher of the arc, doom planet and Simon +crew lives)

judging from episode title, If they are going to kill Nia, its not in this arc. They probably will just start leaving the planet towards the end of this. Hopefully by then we are escaping this "heroic failure theme" to the kick ass of all reasons again.

(hmm Nia's ring is gone somehow. She was wearing it while talking in the phone with Simon, she is not wearing it during thr transform scene. Its not dropped along with cellphone etc. Where did it go?)
Old 2007-07-31, 22:32   Link #566
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
lol yeah, thats over analyzing. Kamina doesn't have a last name on char sheet, Coco-ji doesn't have it too. Spiral King last name is "Head" freaking funny. If Nia married Simon; what their last name :\?
That's not his name, it's just saying that he's just a head now. Lord Genome's Head. :P
Old 2007-08-01, 00:46   Link #567
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructive View Post
Well I hope you're right.

Simon belongs on the battlefield. The skull and the flame symbols suit his final stage of development.
Bugger off, Nia-Hater. Simon belonging on the battlefield has nothing to do with whether Nia stays alive or not. And I f*cking hate your "Nia must die" attitude. Go away.
Old 2007-08-01, 01:03   Link #568
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

it's not that Nia must die .
I don't think any of us here want to see her die , damn i love the girl .
but let's face it...do you honestly believe she has many chances ?
Old 2007-08-01, 01:06   Link #569
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

No my post was not directed to the general populace here. My post was a personal rant at the person who keeps quoting my "Love Nia" posts and keeps on cursing for Nia to die.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:07   Link #570
Destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
most likely this arc will be short ending in 21 or 22 leaving 5-6 more episodes for the final arc.

Unconfirmed episode title:
Episode 19: "Keep living, use whatever method it takes"
Episode 20: "God, how far will you test us?"
Episode 21: "So that you can survive" (sounds like a nice finisher of the arc, doom planet and Simon +crew lives)

judging from episode title, If they are going to kill Nia, its not in this arc. They probably will just start leaving the planet towards the end of this. Hopefully by then we are escaping this "heroic failure theme" to the kick ass of all reasons again.

(hmm Nia's ring is gone somehow. She was wearing it while talking in the phone with Simon, she is not wearing it during thr transform scene. Its not dropped along with cellphone etc. Where did it go?)
I think it's still there. It was on her left hand right? I don't think they showed her left hand when talking to Simon and it was already covered in darkness when she was transforming.
Quote:
Bugger off, Nia-Hater. Simon belonging on the battlefield has nothing to do with whether Nia stays alive or not. And I f*cking hate your "Nia must die" attitude. Go away.
What's with these personal attacks? I don't hate anybody for having a "Nia must live" attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
it's not that Nia must die .
I don't think any of us here want to see her die , damn i love the girl .
but let's face it...do you honestly believe she has many chances ?
She has swayed everyone here. Well it's not completely hate as I did like her moral support for Simon, but I'm pretty interested to see how would the current Simon handle an adversity of her gone and saving mankind. It's a bigger obstacle compared to overcoming Kamina's passing with Nia's help and simply taking the offense to the Helix King. He has already dealt with a lot from his parents cave in to Kamina's fall to being imprisoned and possibly losing another friend.

That and her character feels bland to me these last episodes. Evil Nia doesn't seem exciting.

Of course there's always hope for Nia. Stuff like Yoko telling him to protect her and the possibility of a deactivation of the anti-spiral gene, which to me would be lame after evil Nia said it was impossible. Then again, the spiral can do anything. Kid's show too. This isn't a very exciting route to me and if this arc is about heroic failure, to what effect is this failure?

Everything will most likely end happily as this anime shows that no matter how terrible the situation is, sheer willpower and hope will prevail which is all good as long as Simon is overcoming something epic.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:26   Link #571
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Fine I apologize then. But I'm pretty unsettled by the fact that u have been quoting several of my GL posts and keep telling me that Nia needs to die, even fully knowing that I'm a Nia fan. I guess I'm being way over reactive but my LUV FOR NIA KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!! YOU WANT HER TO DIE? FACE MY WRATH. (actually you only made a few Nia must die remarks but what the heck, imma go ballistic!! )
Old 2007-08-01, 02:39   Link #572
Destructive

Quote:
Fine I apologize then. But I'm pretty unsettled by the fact that u have been quoting several of my GL posts and keep telling me that Nia needs to die, even fully knowing that I'm a Nia fan. I guess I'm being way over reactive but my LUV FOR NIA KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!! YOU WANT HER TO DIE? FACE MY WRATH. (actually you only made a few Nia must die remarks but what the heck, imma go ballistic!! )
I didn't quote you on the last page when I had that P.S. Nia had to go post, and one of my other posts was only disagreeing with you that Nia was a special case from the other princesses locked away. I'm not going Nia must die die die here...

Nia love is scary.
Old 2007-08-01, 02:46   Link #573
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
*shakes head*
Quote:
Too much addiction to Nia lately. I'll root for Mrs. Perfect's demise. The ideal wife, but has to go for humanity. Bonus points if it's by Yoko's hands.
Actually it started of with these, and they were responses to my "LUV Nia" posts. So yeah, that started me off on the road of How-dare-you-insult-my-goddess. LOL

(somehow I think I fail at forum comedy)
Old 2007-08-01, 13:17   Link #574
quina

Quote:
I think it's still there. It was on her left hand right? I don't think they showed her left hand when talking to Simon and it was already covered in darkness when she was transforming.
Nope its gone. Try seeing the scene again. There are no rings both in her left nor right hand the entire time Nia was speaking to Simon. I can post some screen shot once I got back from work :\

hmm wonder where it go, it must have some story relevance later on I am sure, she must either kept it with her or Simon would have picked it up next episode or two and give it to her later on in the story for happy ending.
Old 2007-08-01, 19:17   Link #575
Destructive

I saw a few instances of the left hand but they were all blurry except that last one, but it was already covered in darkness. The right hand had visible shots but she's wearing the ring on the left. I checked that in the previous episode. Pic

Screenshots would be good to see if I missed something.

They only showed the right hand being normal before transforming. Plus her ear rings are no longer there when she transformed.
Old 2007-08-01, 19:35   Link #576
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Yeah her hands weren't clear during the transformation scene so it's hard to tell. But it is true her necklace dissolved with her clothes during the transformation.
Old 2007-08-01, 22:59   Link #577
quina

ok here you go; I might be very picky though lol

Starting transform; Its gone!~

By quina

Announcement scene; can't see it on her either.

Talking scene; can't see it anymore, Simon's drill is visible even from the same distance.
Old 2007-08-01, 23:04   Link #578
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
That's also apparent in the intro, she's admiring her ring and then it disappears, she's in shock and the translucent image of the Anti-Spiral Nia is shown in the background. Though those second 2 pictures aren't very clear, I don't think they work as examples.
Old 2007-08-01, 23:42   Link #579
Destructive

Oh you were also looking around in episode 17. I was only concentrating at evil Nia in 18. You can't really see the ring finger in the second one. The third one was one of instances I thought was too blurry to tell.

You got a point in the first one. I forgot about that scene. Possibly the only thing that disappeared/became hidden in the first stage of transformation? The second one covered everything and she even lost her ear rings even though her face wasn't touched by the darkness.

So like the ear rings and other accessories, it might still be there, only hidden.
Old 2007-08-02, 02:01   Link #580
Tangowr

Spoilers. Posted by Taleran on GF

From GL setting third booklet:

Book of Wanted Criminals, Official Designation by Universal Counter-Spiral Alliance Shogunate.
Subject: Simon
Leader of the Guerrilla Faction: “The Great Milky Way Gurren Organization”
War Crime Ranking: AAA (Eliminate him by any means possible)
Charge: Commanding the “Milky Way”, as they call themselves, Spiral opposition even at the cost of his own planet, leading the remnant Spiral Forces in the Universe, complete destruction of 14 allied Star Systems.
Approximate total number of self-aware victims to his war: 2,000,000,000,000
Special mention: His army is commanded from the enormous space battleship which he renamed Arc-Gurren. By harnessing the Spiral Power of entire Spiral Shaped Galaxies and taking profit on exposing Singularities within Black Holes, the core machine of his main device is able to bent the essence of space-time, an action that may result in dangerous and unpredictable possibilities.