AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-05-04, 14:48   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist - Game Discussion

Welcome to the Fullmetal Alchemist games discussion thread.

Thread Guidelines

* No telling or asking for downloads
* No direct copies of CG artwork or image only posts
Images can be posted using links or thumbnails to demonstrate points, but posts containing only images should not be posted here!
* Be polite to your fellow forum members.

For the discussion of FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel, Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir and any other games that will be released.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 02:08   Link #2
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
does anyone know how to clear 2nd level fma 3 game?
Old 2009-05-19, 03:58   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been playing Crimson Elixir now for some time as I bought the game for 9 bucks.

Need to get Broken Angel. I dig the music, especially in the first cutscene.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 04:23   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After browsing the second manga artbook again and again, i really wouldn't mind giving the PS2 games a try. The character designs for the game characters are very much to my liking.

Would anyone who's played the PS2 games, like to share their gaming thoughts please?
Old 2009-05-19, 05:09   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quite interesting IMO.

The leveling system's is the interesting part as you can level up Ed and Al to your own convenience.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-05-19, 06:49   Link #6
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
After browsing the second manga artbook again and again, i really wouldn't mind giving the PS2 games a try. The character designs for the game characters are very much to my liking.

Would anyone who's played the PS2 games, like to share their gaming thoughts please?
They're not fantastic games by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're a big FMA fan they're not too bad. The graphics are sorta average but competent, and the action is about the same level of quality. What makes up for it is that the games are pretty faithful to the first FMA TV series in terms of atmosphere, writing and setting. BONES assisted in the development of all 3 of the PS2 games, and Arakawa helped with the designs of the new characters and stuff as well. The animated FMVs used in the games are all animated by BONES, and serve the purpose of telling the stories well, but just don't expect quality similar to the best eps of FMA1.

I can't really recommend them as must-haves or something that a non-FMA fan might enjoy, but for FMA fans if you can find the games for a reasonable price and you want to play through 3 original side stories with original character designs and original animation by BONES, there's definitely no reason not to try them. Each game is like an interactive action-adventure OVA for FMA1.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 06:55   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i'd love to play them, though they weren't released here so i won't be doing that anytime soon. It's good to hear some positive feedback regarding them, and hopefully i'll get the chance to experience them for myself one day.

Edit: Actually it looks like the first two were released here, though these days they're going for quite the high price. I'll have to have a look around to see if i can find them for a bit cheaper.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:01   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Shiroth: Are you looking for the original Japanese version? The third game features Sakamoto Maaya.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:08   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
@Shiroth: Are you looking for the original Japanese version? The third game features Sakamoto Maaya.
Gaaah and how much i'd love to play the third game in Japanese just for her.

& no, my PS2 only plays PAL games. Though now knowing that Sakamoto Maaya appears in the third game in Japanese, i can finally push myself to buying a Japanese PS2. It would make life a lot easier in the long run.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:11   Link #10
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

You're not the only one. I too want to get the third game. Though my problem is with my limited Japanese...

And the fact my bro and I own a North American PS3. Our modded PS2 is not with us; it's in our folk's place.

Old 2009-05-19, 07:17   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The BC abilities of the PS3 is limited by region?
Old 2009-05-19, 07:32   Link #12
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
The BC abilities of the PS3 is limited by region?
Yes. The PS3's PS1, PS2, movie (DVD and BD) functions are all region locked. Only PS3 games are region free.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:34   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

.....Point taken. Hence, I should join Shiroth and try to find a Japanese PS2. At least, I'm at the right side of the globe.
Old 2009-05-19, 09:00   Link #14
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, the third game even has Akira Ishida. Another huge reason to play this game.
Old 2009-05-19, 09:21   Link #15
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Leonid of Diamond Dust: effeminate and using ice. The description just screams Akira.
Old 2009-05-19, 12:14   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Leonid of Diamond Dust: effeminate and using ice. The description just screams Akira.
That it does. Checked out a few scenes from the game, and like all of his roles, he fits perfectly.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:51   Link #17
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Don't you guys forget about the GBA games too. They're not bad too in their own way.

Spoiler for character spoiler:

Old 2009-05-20, 18:49   Link #18
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfMBmS-m6NU

Favorite cutscene in Broken Angel. I'm still trying to figure out the music at the end of the scene after Ed and Al dash out of the train car.

Old 2009-06-08, 06:39   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I have now my second DS, so i was wondering if anyone could tell by about the DS game? Going by screenshots, it looks to be pretty fun, and that's all i'll expect unless i'm told otherwise.
Old 2009-06-08, 10:50   Link #20
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I have now my second DS, so i was wondering if anyone could tell by about the DS game? Going by screenshots, it looks to be pretty fun, and that's all i'll expect unless i'm told otherwise.
I haven't played any of them, but for what it's worth, the portable FMA games are all kinda based on the manga (well they're sidestories, but they're manga continuity). The PS2 games are the only ones which were based on the first anime continuity.