AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2009-05-28, 05:44   Link #81
KimmyChan

True, very true, but will be well worth the wait in the long run
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 09:25   Link #82
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

I'm new to VK, so could someone clarify things about Kaname for me?

As far as I know (or thought I knew), Yuki's real brother (the real Kaname) had been killed by Rido as a sacrifice to 'wake up' the ancestor. Yuki is the Kuran family's blood daughter. The family took Kaname in (now whose soul is their ancestor's) and raised him as their son. Is that right? And WHEN was the real Kaname killed??....

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-07-30 at 09:46.
Tenken's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 17:02   Link #83
carmolita

when rido stole him..sometime before the age of five
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 22:23   Link #84
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
when rido stole him..sometime before the age of five
Could you plz tell me which volume/chapter reveals this??

Q:
In volume 6, there is a part where Aido recalls that Kaname was a kind boy when Aido first met him. Then several years later when Aido saw him again (it was after his parents were murdered), he turned out to be a cold-hearted person and Aido sensed that something about him had changed. I wonder if that was the "ancestor-Kaname", not the real Kaname?
Old 2009-07-31, 17:34   Link #85
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Could you plz tell me which volume/chapter reveals this??

Q:
In volume 6, there is a part where Aido recalls that Kaname was a kind boy when Aido first met him. Then several years later when Aido saw him again (it was after his parents were murdered), he turned out to be a cold-hearted person and Aido sensed that something about him had changed. I wonder if that was the "ancestor-Kaname", not the real Kaname?
Hmm, I think that everybody assumed that was the same Kaname both times and that he had become darker after the death of his parents. It is a theory but I think that we have never seen the "real" Kaname in the manga.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 19:49   Link #86
carmolita

The real kaname is shown in the mirror in chaptor 52 in the manga- and yes that was the ancestor kaname both times. He became darker because of What happened to his parents and yuki and he was looking for revenge. He was nicer before because he was happy..
@Tenken's Smile
I can't remember which chapter revealed it, but it was early on in the manga series...Japan and china are 4/5 manga vol. ahead of us, so you might not of reached it yet...
Old 2009-08-01, 19:50   Link #87
KanameBeMine

I know that this forum hasn't been posted on in a long time, but if anyone reads this and has an answer I'd appreciate it:
When is Vampire Knight going to air in America? A friend told me late 2009 or early 2010, but I would like an actual date. Does anyone know?
KanameBeMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 20:41   Link #88
carmolita

It's going to be 2010 per VIZ at the comic con. Considering it's just been licensed and probably not in production yet. I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you an exact date.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:01   Link #89
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Is the anime going to be continued or not?
Old 2009-08-06, 17:13   Link #90
carmolita

Not at this time...Even if they wanted to their is not enough information to continue it.. but maybe in the future
Old 2009-08-06, 23:57   Link #91
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Q: Why is VK in "Older Series" forum? It's ONGOING.
Old 2009-08-07, 07:52   Link #92
AnymX

Quote:
Q: Why is VK in "Older Series" forum? It's ONGOING.
Manga is ongoing not the anime. And sadly subforum is dedicated for the anime not the manga so that's why it is in the "Older Series" forum.
Old 2009-08-07, 12:22   Link #93
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

What? 0_0 They decided to end the anime JUST LIKE THAT??!!
Was there a dispute between the animators and the mangaka or st. ?
Old 2009-08-07, 12:24   Link #94
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
What? 0_0 They decided to end the anime JUST LIKE THAT??!!
Was there a dispute between the animators and the mangaka or st. ?
There isn't enough Manga material to continue the Anime. The Anime Ends at the conclusion of the Rido Arc, which is extremely recent. (49-ish?, there are 52 chapters out)
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 12:11   Link #95
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Q: why did Ichiru shoot Zero with the Bloody Rose gun before asking Zero to drink his blood?
Old 2009-09-26, 12:41   Link #96
Slick_rick

Quote:
Q: why did Ichiru shoot Zero with the Bloody Rose gun before asking Zero to drink his blood?
For the same reason Kaname injuries Zero before he drinks his blood. To send Zero's hunger for blood to a level where he can't fully control his actions. Zero would have most likely never drank their blood if he was in full control of himself.
Old 2009-09-26, 13:12   Link #97
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Oh, thanks Because Ichiru asked Zero: "Do you know why I shot you with that gun?" which made me think of a deeper reason

Q #2: Recall when Zero drank Yuuki's blood and she asked how her blood tasted, Zero became upset and said: "Why do you want to know?"
OK, so did her blood tell him that she's in love with him or Kaname?

Q #3: After Rido's death, the Night Class disappeared from Cross Academy, so why did the Chairman and Yagari still want Zero to stay in Cross high school?

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-09-26 at 22:46.
Old 2009-10-01, 15:20   Link #98
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Oh, thanks Because Ichiru asked Zero: "Do you know why I shot you with that gun?" which made me think of a deeper reason

Q #2: Recall when Zero drank Yuuki's blood and she asked how her blood tasted, Zero became upset and said: "Why do you want to know?"
OK, so did her blood tell him that she's in love with him or Kaname?
That, Actually I think is left open on purpose. To give the fans the interpretation.

Quote:
Q #3: After Rido's death, the Night Class disappeared from Cross Academy, so why did the Chairman and Yagari still want Zero to stay in Cross high school?
For his own good. Zero's very Volatile at that point in the story and probably would kill any vampire on the spot he saw. The Hunter's would probably try to use him if he left their protection too. Plus, both are Master/Foster father. Don't think any of them want him leaving for sentimental reasons.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 23:37   Link #99
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

For #1: Vote, please : http://www.fanpop.com/spots/vampire-knight/picks/show/307051/when-zero-drank-yuukis-blood-asked-how-blood-tasted-zero-became-upset-why-want-know-think-blood-told

Quote:
For his own good. Zero's very Volatile at that point in the story and probably would kill any vampire on the spot he saw.
Poor Zero ... feel like making a "High School Never Ends" AMV for him now j/k

Last edited by Tenken's Smile; 2009-10-02 at 00:13.
Old 2009-10-02, 00:55   Link #100
Slick_rick

Well honestly I fairly confident that neither of those are the reason Zero reacts as he does. I remember this scene extremely well as it one of the most wtf moments I had when reading VK. That she had actually asked that still dumbfounds me to this day.

Zero dislikes have to drink blood the thought of it disgusts him so the fact that Yuki asks him what it takes tastes like pissed him off. I think the better translation I've seen for that question was "What's that got to do with you". The real question here though is in fact why did Yuki even asked that. It seems an odd question to ask given the situation and the person being asked.

Here is why I think she asked that question. Did she want him to tell her how good it tasted?? Or how much he liked her blood?? That sounds sort of like... foreplay. That right I believe she was getting a little to into getting her blood sucked there. Now there is also another reason I believe. Yuki has always wanted Zero to open up to her and this was probably one of her ways to try to get him to. Zero wasn't having any of it though. She got rejected on both counts.

Tags
q&a