AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-10-15, 02:31   Link #4621
drogon

Having finished reading Approaching Nick of Time novel I am waiting for the final novel.

I must admit that after having watched all the animes + read all the novels I started to love/hate Kaname+Sousuke couple.

let me explain.

I almost wish Leonard could bag Kaname and Tessa could live a happy life with Sousuke. shocking isn't it

Right now, 'the old Kaname personality' (when she was fully herself) was obviously in love with Sousuke.
Having now a 'mixed' Kaname/Sophia personality makes her former ties look futile.

Why do I almost hate the couple?
Sousuke: Is the less guilty, he has 'always' been a soldier so killing people is not something new.
This said, it seems that in the past he always tried to not let people die if he could avoid it. After Nami's death I started to hate him as he was so focused on being with Kaname that all other people/things didn't matter anymore.
(be it his team, friends or others)
Nevertheless I must admit he was already like that in TSR.

Kaname: she is the big problem here and I almost ended up loving/understanding Leonard.

That a normal HS girl living a regular life becomes what she is now is almost too much for me.

I must admire that author for developing her character in such a believable way.
She became ready to have all people die just to be with Sousuke, she became a murderer but at the same time she remains indecisive until almost the end.

It can be summarized by 'I started to love Sousuke, I want to be with him but I don't want to go back to him', crazy isn't it?

The poor Sousuke is always nearly killed but she couldn't do the right thing and go back to him when she had the opportunity.

I know, both main characters went through a lot and did a lot of soul-searching, especially for Kaname having to deal with both a clueless and inadapted Sousuke and with all the problems her 'whispered' status brought to her.

Anyway, what could the final novel be?

Logical way:
. A big final battle is mandatory, people assaulting the island while Leo and Sophia are trying to complete their ritual/time machine or whatever you want to call it.

- Final duel Sousuke versus Leo would also be normal (the revenge?)

- Kaname 'comes back', either freeing herself from the 'mix' with Sophia or whatever -> changing the world/reset the time is too big a thing

- Sousuke and Kaname have their 'first kiss'

Nicer way?
- Final battle + final duel

- Sophia-Kaname succeed in changing the time or whatever -> hence it would mean black tech and all the 'future' doesn't exist

- Sousuke is somewhere in the world, doesn't know/never met Kaname -> Kaname has to find him (provided she didn't forget everything herself)

My dream (which will never happen except in a fanfiction)

- Final battle + mega duel Sousuke><Leo -> Leo dies but by doing so allows Sophia-Kaname to complete the super mega change the world thing

- Sophia-Kaname erase the 'whispers' hence the whispered are normal people again but in the process she dies to save the world (sort of) and exchange a first and last kiss with Sousuke

- Tessa takes care of Sousuke and helps him heal his heart
drogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 07:22   Link #4622
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
There's no way it will happen in FMP though. It's not shoujo in the first place and besides, that would go against the moral code of shounen/seinen manga/novels/anime. FMP crazy fans would raid the author's house.
Well though the story is shounen, the way romance develops so far, it looks more like cheap shoujo rather than shounen if you'd ask me. That's why if they keep same progression in this regard, we may get a shoujo-istic ending as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drogon View Post
I almost wish Leonard could bag Kaname and Tessa could live a happy life with Sousuke. shocking isn't it
Not really. I would not mind that too, to tell the truth. At first when I was still FP fan I really enoued Chidori, but as story progressed I found that I like Kaname less and less and like Tessa more than before.

At very least Tessa deserves her kiss with Sousuke. If such bastard as Leonard got his kiss twice, it would be fair for Tessa to get hers, as she deserves that at least.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 07:53   Link #4623
Hobbit
. . .

Hmn...

I think that, you can't find in the novels feelings of Kaname towards Leonard that resemble a shoujo. Just cause she doesn't kill him? Well, she tried.

There is no mistake. Chidori loves Sousuke. It's clear to the two halfs (Chidori and "Sophia/Chidori"). Leonard is just a way to archieve the most powerful Tauros engine.

The only problem in that is Leonard. He seens to worship Kaname for her "whispered" potential. It doesn't seens just a physical attraction. The kisses sounds more like him trying to break her spirit than something else. The first time she was totally subdued by her situation. When she finally undertood her feelings for Sousuke, he dissapear leaving behind an assassin trying to kill her. And in the second, sounds more like a exchange for Lemon's life (he nearly got dumped from the plane in a snowy mountain).

And no, the series is not sounding like a cheap shoujo. It seens that you guys really like shoujo, but if this novel doesn't go the way you like then it is "cheap"? It is not a fanfic. Gatou is really taking his time, he is a professional. He will not write whatever comes in his mind. And we will have to bear with it.
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 18:15   Link #4624
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

After reading all these comments about not wanting the ending to be with Kaname and Sousuke together, I have one thing to say.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Sousuke and Kaname were meant to be!

If they indeed do an ending that sousuke dies, and kaname ends up with Leonard, this series would be horrible. Why build it up, to make it have such a horrible ending?
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 18:24   Link #4625
Alchemist007
*Author

There will always be naysayers on this planet dark.
Old 2009-10-15, 18:47   Link #4626
Celebrianna

I guess I still like the Kaname/Sousuke ship because she wouldn't be in the position that she's currently in were it not for her decision to go with Leonard to spare Sousuke's life. I also believe that she might feel that a lot of people would be safer if she stayed with Amalgam for the time being.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 18:49   Link #4627
Alchemist007
*Author

I still want to know what's up with the old man, always thought he was a cool dude. Then he just joins Leonard.
Old 2009-10-15, 18:52   Link #4628
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I still want to know what's up with the old man, always thought he was a cool dude. Then he just joins Leonard.
I guess you mean, Kalinin. I was disappointed about that too. From what I understand, he joined Leonard because they both share the same goal.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 19:31   Link #4629
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

That bastard betrayed Mithril? For what reason did he? He was like a father to Sousuke...

Well, if he did betray them then I'm hoping he's betraying them for some valid reason and not to resurrect his wife or something -.-
Old 2009-10-15, 20:00   Link #4630
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm hoping he's an acting spy who'll backstab Leonard (probably unsuccessfully, since his head belongs to Sousuke).
Old 2009-10-15, 21:33   Link #4631
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
After reading all these comments about not wanting the ending to be with Kaname and Sousuke together, I have one thing to say.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Sousuke and Kaname were meant to be!

If they indeed do an ending that sousuke dies, and kaname ends up with Leonard, this series would be horrible. Why build it up, to make it have such a horrible ending?
am so proud of you, standing up against these pessimistic nazi's! Lol..

Stand Proud, you have the "Chidori Attitude" and I can say you are DEFINATELY a true fan to the true story.

Hallelulla and Peanut Butter, Amen to you Dark!! Sousuke X Chidori !!

It's funny but alot of fanartist tend to sway away from the original story in animes but ALL the japanese fanartist i seen, tend to be 75% SxC the whole way. I havent even seen a single one of Leonard and chidori. Not one! And it's really really rare and usually not very good art. Tessa is like 20% .

Quote:
I'm hoping he's an acting spy who'll backstab Leonard (probably unsuccessfully, since his head belongs to Sousuke).
I still wonder what will happen to Kalinin in the end...=S is he REALLY bad? oh man....

Damn you Leonard, I liked Kalinin!

-Leonard is shoved inside a locker with Sousuke's infamouse bombs,...
.....200 times the size then the original. *walks away*-

wheres the trigger?!?!
Old 2009-10-15, 21:52   Link #4632
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember Sousuke can have Chidori.

I want Tessa.
Old 2009-10-15, 22:59   Link #4633
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i could go berserk if there wasnt a Sousuke x Chidori ending that also includes leonards death.

but i wouldnt mind seeing something along the lines of that after Sousuke and Kaname share their first kiss that tessa tries to make good on her idea

Spoiler for ANOT:

but only gets away with a kissing Sousuke then him getting a warning from Kaname about if he ever does that again she will bring her hallisen out of retirement.

plus it will even the scores up with Kaname getting Kissed by Leonard then Sousuke getting kissed by Tessa.
Old 2009-10-15, 23:29   Link #4634
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
even the scores up with Kaname getting Kissed by Leonard
I think the answer you are searching for is Sousuke stabbing him in the head with a katana while Kaname shoots him in the heart simultaneously.
Old 2009-10-16, 15:00   Link #4635
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
I think the answer you are searching for is Sousuke stabbing him in the head with a katana while Kaname shoots him in the heart simultaneously.
I'll buy that!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 20:29   Link #4636
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Kick ASS..XD...

I'd love to see these two go Mr. and Mrs Smith on Leonard...XD
I always had this subconcious feeling that Sousuke and Chidori are gonna do something amazing when they join forces. They have this amazing synic energy that just multiplies and they are incredibly ensync to one another.

Or....

* Leonard get's kicked in the balls....by Levithan's titanium foot. *

AL : [ Have a safe trip. See you in China. ]
Old 2009-10-16, 22:01   Link #4637
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
am so proud of you, standing up against these pessimistic nazi's! Lol..

Stand Proud, you have the "Chidori Attitude" and I can say you are DEFINATELY a true fan to the true story.

Hallelulla and Peanut Butter, Amen to you Dark!! Sousuke X Chidori !!

It's funny but alot of fanartist tend to sway away from the original story in animes but ALL the japanese fanartist i seen, tend to be 75% SxC the whole way. I havent even seen a single one of Leonard and chidori. Not one! And it's really really rare and usually not very good art. Tessa is like 20% .

I still wonder what will happen to Kalinin in the end...=S is he REALLY bad? oh man....

Damn you Leonard, I liked Kalinin!

-Leonard is shoved inside a locker with Sousuke's infamouse bombs,...
.....200 times the size then the original. *walks away*-

wheres the trigger?!?!
AMEN!

I will always be a devoted Sousuke Kaname fan. That is how it meant to be
Old 2009-10-17, 10:22   Link #4638
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Until one of them dies. Then it is no longer meant to be.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 17:43   Link #4639
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I'll pretend I did not see this
Old 2009-10-17, 21:09   Link #4640
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Seems like someone wants the same fate as Leonard!

do you wish to see...the Meat Processing plant?

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen