AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 20:06   Link #39401
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yaoi I agree, bad I don't
Old 2013-01-12, 20:39   Link #39402
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Maybe it's possible, but then again, weather is a bitch.... if there's a satellite like that, you'd pick weather change before you pick anything else.

These days, such method are used for underwater volcano research
What if the skies are clear? Granted its night time, skies are clear and the satellite in question is in geostationary orbit over Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Just be sure that they don't have too much of a resemblance to each other on appearances.
As in resembling the book's concept artworks? Given my artistic limitations, my sketch will never come close to them details.

There are some similarities though, like the Spartans, the Minerva has a full-body undersuit, protecting the user from small-arms fire.

Each incarnation of the Minerva adds a significant level of technology. The first three units Minerva, Kai and Algolis Shroud retains the militaristic UNSC/Covenant-ish tech. Only for its fourth and final incarnation, the Noa, that would stand out from the other Minervas like how Forerunner does from the UNSC/Covenant.
Old 2013-01-12, 20:46   Link #39403
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That level of satelliter scanning should be possible if the technology has a 3D modeling tech. All it has to do is scan at a certain altittude where all its input is just from there and all other factors are ignored. I don't know if we have that in present day but IS level tech should be able to achieve that easily.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 21:01   Link #39404
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Present day tech can do that, but their range is severely constrained by sensor itself (thermal sensor easily overheat, and Space is not good for heat dumping, contrary to Hollywood's depiction). When I said volcano, it's because they're huge enough to be shown as picture, thermal sensor is incapable of zooming.

IRST (Infrared Search and Track) in multiple combat aircraft is capable of recognizing other aircraft at the range of 15-25 km, and large ground vehicle at 5-10 km. But that's about it, recognize, not capture. All you see in the monitor is small dots.

Though, there might be some scientific breakthrough that can go around this and I miss it.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:36   Link #39405
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well IS is technically a decade ahead of us right? Simple design issue as a heat sink should be solvable in that time span. I mean they got the IS
Old 2013-01-12, 22:02   Link #39406
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just to make things sure, the satellite in question isn't built using IS tech. It's been around before the idea of the IS came about.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:02   Link #39407
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ah, certainly that's possible.

Of course, Izuru would like to argue . It's still bugged me that he simply go with "I.S. are superior" and don't add extra spice.

@ Stratos
You could just switch to something else.

Frankly, super high tech OPTICAL satellite is more plausible. ("Hold there. Zoom in, enhance" ). Canonically this is how they found Silver Gospel when it's hiding.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:09   Link #39408
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Ayup, switching to that one ^^
Old 2013-01-12, 22:23   Link #39409
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Oh really? here, let me show you a draft that will prove you wrong. Wait a couple minutes.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:35   Link #39410
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can't be worse than my fic.

I'm waiting
Old 2013-01-12, 22:50   Link #39411
Eratas123

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-12, 23:11   Link #39412
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Spoiler:
Awesome draft, wrong fandom. To be fair, it's a plot point and is in your planning.

-------

Would it be an asspull if male and female Ichika... well, here goes

"We found out that the closeness of their genetic makeup is somewhere between half sibling and cousin, there's this X-factor that differentiate them, which existence we could confirm but could not identify and explain normally"
- the Doctor

The X-factor is, unknowingly, what makes Ichika able to use I.S. ... and yes it was ignored for several years.
Old 2013-01-12, 23:23   Link #39413
Eratas123

What's the X-factor?
Old 2013-01-12, 23:39   Link #39414
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

String of genes that virtually do nothing in common situation, X-factor is preset in every woman post Mitochondrial eve BUT as scattered parts than modular like Ichika is, hence X, as in X chromosome. Later, Ichika's is renamed Y-unit because of it's unique nature.

It's a handwave on my part of course, but anyone with Y-unit could, theoretically, use I.S. to some extent.
Old 2013-01-13, 00:18   Link #39415
Eratas123

Hmm, so is it some kind of mutation or something?

Anyway, I'm currently trying to find a way for Laura to be friends with Charlotte in Synchronicity. A German super soldier being friends with a middle class french girl seems way too weird.
Old 2013-01-13, 00:26   Link #39416
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Hmm, so is it some kind of mutation or something?
Technically yes, and even twenty years after Laura's creation (that is, years after Ichika arrive) it's still impossible to replicate it in the lab condition.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm currently trying to find a way for Laura to be friends with Charlotte in Synchronicity. A German super soldier being friends with a middle class french girl seems way too weird.
And why exactly Laura end up there must have a reason on it's own. For example, you can justify Laura being sent there as part of psychological therapy (filmsy as it is) and getting friendly with people being one of the objectives.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:29   Link #39417
Eratas123

Does it have any other effects?

Then I guess it's failing since she greets Ichika by threatening to stab him in the throat Good thing Charlotte's there to calm her down:/
Old 2013-01-13, 04:20   Link #39418
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
As in resembling the book's concept artworks? Given my artistic limitations, my sketch will never come close to them details.

There are some similarities though, like the Spartans, the Minerva has a full-body undersuit, protecting the user from small-arms fire.

Each incarnation of the Minerva adds a significant level of technology. The first three units Minerva, Kai and Algolis Shroud retains the militaristic UNSC/Covenant-ish tech. Only for its fourth and final incarnation, the Noa, that would stand out from the other Minervas like how Forerunner does from the UNSC/Covenant.
If you say so...

Anyway, I'm wondering about something about IS Academy. Does it have more than one monorail station? Cause in some shots that has an overview of the whole island in the anime, it shows that there's at least 2 monorail stations.

And are there areas that are excluded but can be reached on foot? Like some sort of beach?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 06:24   Link #39419
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Something just struck me, were there any IS units that we're destroyed along the course of the LNs?
Old 2013-01-13, 06:29   Link #39420
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A lot of frames and just golem cores

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest