AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 18:45   Link #10741
Eratas123

@ Senpai - It's labeled as narcotic painkillers apparently. The main symptoms are: Shivering, digestion problems, feeling unwell, paleness of skin (not noticeable obviously), and vomiting. Can these be hidden from people like Maya and Tatenashi?

Side note - Why does everyone say lemon? I never put sex in my stories!
Old 2011-12-01, 18:51   Link #10742
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - It's labeled as narcotic painkillers apparently. The main symptoms are: Shivering, digestion problems, feeling unwell, paleness of skin (not noticeable obviously), and vomiting. Can these be hidden from people like Maya and Tatenashi?
Hmm, I see, so you mean Opioid-type Analgesic eh? Nope, near impossible even with Irish' condition. And it's rathe..... addictive.....

Quote:
Side note - Why does everyone say lemon? I never put sex in my stories!
now ask yourself, do you ever find I.S. fic that features kissing scene that hit? My answer, no. And yes, kissing = sexual activity, even if mild one. Okay, technically it's lime not lemon but still...

1. Citrus
Citrus is used to describe the most mild interactions on the scale, such as a romantic hug or a kiss on the cheek.
2. Orange
Orange is used for kissing, hugs, and some more touching beyond that that begins to only have a hint of sexuality.
3. Lime
Lime goes further into the sexual, with heavy making out and possibly some light groping. Some might not have these, but rather qualify as a lime for hinting at lemon-scale action.
4. Lemon
Lemons have actual sex. Described in detailed prose.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:58   Link #10743
Eratas123

@ Senpai - The skull suit tries to flush out most of the negative addictions.....in exchage of more pain He wore the skull suit nearly 24/7 when he was in the group so this was no problem. He's forced to wear more casual clothes post-HeelFace turn so it becomes more noticeable as time goes on that he's unwell. That's why he starts puking his guts out later on when he spends an extended time with no missions. Deconstructed slice of life

Side note - What does it look like Charlotte's about to do there anyway?
Old 2011-12-01, 19:05   Link #10744
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, then that is. Also, the second question's answer = number 3, implied secks.

More Grimdark
------------------------
Sitting in the Hangar is a pair of machines, still sealed with protective transparent plastic. One might think it's ridiculous, for treating a military vehicle like an oversized toy. Truth to be told, the humidity of the base is high enough that unused unit tend to be stored that way, inside metal crates.

Recently, those two, called forbidden unit so to speak has been unpacked.

A Pair on unit that pushing the boundaries between Conventional and Exotic weapon. [Shirogane] and [Joaquim Raffles] was their name.

Their appearance is a contrast to each other.

Silvery white, like the surface of a snowfield, with some touch of sky blue. Sleek and elegant like a warrior, Shirogane stood up as soon as it's unwrapped and activated, standing at 2 meter tall without it's head, the battle armor radiating an aura of almighty elegance, in contrast to it's nature as an [Armored Stratos], who tend to be crude looking, similar to a walking tank.

Meanwhile, bathed in blood red and darker shades of orange, [Joaquim Raffles] was a monstrous figure, 2.4 meter tall and 2.6 meter in overall length while stored in a half-prone position. True to it's name, combining the beauty of Vanda Miss Joaquim and the hideous appearance of a Rafflesia Arnoldi, Joaquim Raffles gave the engineer a sense of unexplainable sense of fear and awe.

“Shirogane I can understand, he is an Orimura… but Gotanda is…”

“It’s not like ANYONE else can use it… and too expensive to be scrapped…"

“But does its performance worth the cost?”

“Yes. Those can use the spare parts of 90% A.S. available in the world, logistic doesn’t really matter if they can use those unit, that's a big IF however.....”

“Then it’s settled, we’ll test these two… Cadets… whether they're qualified or not”
---------------------------------

Hmm.....

EDIT: going too school, probably back in 2-3 hours
Old 2011-12-01, 19:10   Link #10745
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Question on previous page

@ Senpai - Aaaaagh! I dislike grimmy grim ultra dark! I'm fine with it if it's awesome or it's just an obstacle to get a happy ending, but not if it leads to a downer!

Side note - Do any of the main characters actually have parents that have a good influence on them? Seems like they're either dead or just plain abandoned them.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:21   Link #10746
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - O.o!!! Man, they're strong! How in the hell are they so strong when they have no official training! Also, shouldn't Karon and Riselle be getting training since they're trying to be rep candidates?
One thing I found is that while Japan provides the best training, it is possible for other countries to have mentorship programs, or small initiatives where senior pilots teach juniors so that they'd have a leg-up over their international peers at the ISA.

This is even more so within the Foundation that uses no Personal units. Firstly, the NCCS club is a concentration of girls with higher-than-normal aptitude for IS in a club that has government resources for basic IS training. The government also dictates that standing Foundation rep candidates must take time in mentoring NCCS girls. This ensures that Asean-sponsored students to the ISA can concentrate on more advanced skills straight from the gate. Secondly, no personals means that any mentee can be allowed to use their mentor's IS during informal teaching. Thirdly, the light military discipline instilled from generic National Cadet Corp training ensure that these girls are more mature, or at least a bit hardier, than other students. Fourthly, these 3 are ISpers and I'm cranking the Justified Falling Into The Cockpit trope to the max here.

(think of the NCCS as IS Cram School. We have those in Singapore too)

For Charles, (s)he's a transfer student that has IS. This already proves that other countries can train IS pilots on their own, because if Ichika did not exist, he would not have transfered to the ISA, as with all the other TFS.

Cecilia is just that good a shot to be Gin's mentor, though with her OOA, Gin can activate Bullet Time and surpass Cecily in accuracy for a short period. Gin and Cecily are like Nyle and Lyle Dylandy; while both fill the same character niche, Gin is more mature and a better shot, while Cecily is louder, flashier, and has better toys.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:29   Link #10747
Eratas123

@ Senpai - They sound like they've been through training from hell O.o Anyway, it's a good contrast since it shows how powerful the IS can really be if you push the potential and have badass abnormal status to boot It provides a jice contrast to male OC's like Macimillian and Irish who were also trained but are fundamentalky weaker due to their lack of power and machinery. Still, it's a nice contrast and a fairly welcome one

Females - Badass abnormal and hard training.

Males - Badass normal and strategy/experience.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:34   Link #10748
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Senpai - They sound like they've been through training from hell O.o Anyway, it's a good contrast since it shows how powerful the IS can really be if you push the potential and have badass abnormal status to boot It provides a jice contrast to male OC's like Macimillian and Irish who were also trained but are fundamentalky weaker due to their lack of power and machinery. Still, it's a nice contrast and a fairly welcome one

Females - Badass abnormal and hard training.

Males - Badass normal and strategy/experience.
I remember my NCC instructor for calling us "Maggots" all day and all those push-ups.

I heard girls get off lighter, but in ISverse... People like Chifuyu and Browning are much more common.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:39   Link #10749
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I remember my NCC instructor for calling us "Maggots" all day and all those push-ups.

I heard girls get off lighter, but in ISverse... People like Chifuyu and Browning are much more common.
Drill seargent Nasty's Anyway, where did Max get his training from? Irish has no formal training and just picked things up as he needed them. Also, are most of the st@rs (Bar Celeste and Ange) in good relations with their parents?
Old 2011-12-01, 20:11   Link #10750
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Riz hardly sees her father. Gin lost her mother to ovarian cancer. Celeste in her story actually 'gains' a father, I'll eventually get around to that. Karon's normal no matter how you slice it. Erika's got both parents and awesome gramps and cool aunt, probably too normal. Oh wait, she's the eldest of 8 children and has confidence issues when alone because shes ued to having a flock around her most times.
Old 2011-12-01, 20:16   Link #10751
Eratas123

@ Meistah - What the hell? Why does being a protagonist in the IS verse give you the "most of the time, you're parents are dead/won't be there for you!" It seems to be a curse whenever you're given the character role. Karon and Erika are unique for having both parents and being in good relations with them. Most of us here seem to use parental abandonment to get rid of parents
Old 2011-12-01, 20:58   Link #10752
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

riz, Ange and Gin are exceptions in my fanon. Celeste has a paternal progenitor whom she bonds with, and in Stars she meets the female progenitor. As far as I can tell, the rest are normal. Thats a whooping 10/13 leading girls with proper families.

As you can see, I'm deliberately reversing every fanon trend I can find.
Old 2011-12-01, 21:14   Link #10753
Eratas123

@ Meistah - I, on the other hand, am deconstructing them Particularly: Female abuse on male, Bishonen, parents who the child wants to kill and not reunite with, the badass normal concept, the effects of separating the genders, and the child soldier concept.

Each of these are either shown realistically (Female abuse on male and Child Soldiers) or they're deconstructed (Irish's bishieness being a sign that he's already dying) or turned on it's head (parental abandonment).

Wait, didn't you say Kei was raised in an army camp? Doesn't that mean she also has the issues?
Old 2011-12-01, 22:25   Link #10754
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Meistah - What the hell? Why does being a protagonist in the IS verse give you the "most of the time, you're parents are dead/won't be there for you!" It seems to be a curse whenever you're given the character role. Karon and Erika are unique for having both parents and being in good relations with them. Most of us here seem to use parental abandonment to get rid of parents
Well Tsurugi still has her parents too, and they'll be making appearances in the fic.

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2011-12-01, 22:31   Link #10755
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Shippers on deck, much?
Old 2011-12-01, 22:34   Link #10756
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - Shippers on deck, much?
Pardon my ignorance but... what does that mean? Found it. :3

Is it a good or bad thing for this case?
Old 2011-12-01, 23:18   Link #10757
Eratas123

@ Stratos - Depends if the shippers are good at what they do or just embarass the two. For example: In Shadow, Tatenashi is a shipper on deck for Ichika x Kanzashi but her methods aren't very subtle or precise so they make things somewhat worse.

How do her parents go at it?
Old 2011-12-01, 23:29   Link #10758
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Working on new idea and story..... Going against fan-verse type.
Old 2011-12-01, 23:31   Link #10759
Eratas123

@ Treme - What is it? An animal piloting an IS
Old 2011-12-01, 23:55   Link #10760
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Wait, didn't you say Kei was raised in an army camp? Doesn't that mean she also has the issues?
She is the daughter of a US Marine and a Okinawan woman. Youngest of 3, two older brothers, and grew up practically surrounded by men as they live on the base. Dad brings her along for bike rides, so there'd be a whole bunch of Marines on Harveys thundering through the countryside with a few kids in tow. Therefore, Kei's been a "biker chick" practically since birth.

Her issue was more that her father buys only boy toys and boy stuff so that all his children can use them, rather than just her, and he's too embarrassed to go shopping in the girl's section. Her mother's busy with her work to supplement their meagre income, leaving the Marine who is usually stuck on standby to do "house work".

Little wonder that guy behaviours are practically ingrained in her.

She decides to become an idol to force herself to learn about being a girl, and she's talent-spotted by Tabane and Kawasaki to be the poster-girl for their new IS Bike. She tend joins the ST@RS to get closer to her dream... though she ends up as a popular pretty boy.

Note: Her father is a US-born Japanese man, hence why she is a pure blood but with links to the States.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest